Smoking in Australia?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by carrie1390, Feb 12, 2013.

1. WA hasn't decriminalised it but as of August 2011, individuals in possession of no more than 10 grams of harvested cannabis and/or a used smoking implement who have no prior cannabis offences will be required to attend a Cannabis Intervention Session (CIS) within 28 days or receive a cannabis conviction for the offence. All cannabis cultivation offences will attract a criminal conviction.

So there you go, also along with New Zealand Australia has the highest percentage of stoners so obviously the police are quite slack on it.

2. Prices are... Normally

0.5grams a tenner $10
    1gram is a stick $20
    3 grams is a fifty $50
    7 grams is a quarter normally $90 - $100
    28 grams is an ounce is normally $300 - $350

It is illegal everywhere in Australia and it could be a ticket, depends on the officer and amount you have.....

We have drug test in majority of our jobs and yes they care if you come back positive... You can get fired....

We also have drug test when we get pulled over when driving... They do it... But it's a rarity

3. #23 BadKittySmiles, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013

If you mean cannabis quality and availability, then I'm not surprised to see you're from the Perth area!

I had my mind blown by the cannabis community in that particular region of the country :) At the time I was there the culture was more open (not in a legal sense, but socially) than virtually any US medical state I'd ever been to barring maybe CA, and while, like most places, the canna wasn't always perfect, Perth is still where I had the pleasure of smoking and growing THE strongest cannabis strain I have EVER randomly come across. And I have seen a lot of weed in my time. :D
    It's been almost ten years since I last left your country (banned for three years, for overstaying my visa after a flight mishap, actually... woops!) and I still haven't found a one-hitter-quitter quite like the clone only strain 'Red Beard', that I had in Perth. I was working on forcing some pollen from the RB females, during my breeding experiments with their Feralocity strain, so there's a slim chance some of her genes made it back here. I only feel comfortable say that because I get a hint of that ridiculous potency and flavor in my own Feralocity line (the original F mother was strong, but much more functional in effects than RB), but it could just be wishful thinking. :p And I say 'strongest' I've randomly come across, where after a decade and a half of breeding my unrelated POGs, and my Proj.TRCP#3 strain, are reliably about the strength of the Red Beard or greater, which is horrible, because the TRCP#3 especially tastes even better than the RB... so good, that you don't want to stop smoking on it until it's far too late, making it somewhat hazardous for low-tolerance patients and users. :)

Anyhoo, back on topic slightly, Australians have a MUCH better quality of life than Americans, so while Perth may be a less than desirable location for some Aussies, it's freakin' heaven compared to the States. And heck, it's still a city of 1.7million, that's about three times the size of the Boston area, making it the fourth or fifth most populated city in Aus. :p

It's the complete opposite side of the country from Brisbane, I'm afraid, but assuming not much has changed since I left, I'd recommend Perth in a heartbeat to any American looking for a decent canna community in a reasonably sized city. :cool:

Sorry I couldn't be much more help than that, OP! I didn't spend much time on the east coast over there. :eek:

4. Yeah I was referring mainly to the weed quality I don't think I've ever bought weed that isn't dank here, even when I just buy from random open houses selling sticks.

I've never had the pleasure of growing my own stuff but that sounds great man glad you had a good time growing and smoking here, I'm gonna be moving in a month or two though to go back to rainy old england but at least I will have a break from the perpetual heat.

Perth is also the most isolated city in the world which could be one of the main reasons for a strong weed community and it also has a totally awesome psychedelic music scene atm. I'd reccommend Perth too if not for the heat.

5. I'm probably gonna stay in waitara next to the westfield mall in hornsby, is that an easy place to get weed, and is there a smoke shop around there?

6. I spent 9 months in OZ.

Bush weed & Nimbin & other places the locals may lead you.

Just do it!

that is all.

7. I live in brisbane and i have to say it is probably one of the worst cities in australia to smoke in, it has a fairly conservative population who are willing to report you to the police for anything. It isnt decriminalized here but a first offence with only a personal amount will only get you one session of "drug diversion" However due to brisbanes size compared to sydney and melbourne along with the glorified country town mentality we have, smokers/dealers tend to be more noticeable so its easy to find a hookup but easy to get busted. also be prepared for the terrible humidity and the fact that we have the highest skin cancer rates in the world.

8. Damn...man I spent 5 days in Perth..god I love that country..the people are friendly...Men I met weren't douches..all cool. Women loved us..down to earth people.

9. Sucks don't it haha

10. If people say the weed is expensive, you're fucking retarded you can go anywhere in Australia and find good weed, I was just on Kangaroo Island and I picked up and oz for $195, that's cheaper than I usually get it on the main land and that's with all the fires and shit as well, you just need good communication and and no fuck around attitude and you will find good bud. If you look like you can be ripped of people will do it.

11. Wow this is interesting reading. I'm moving to Aus in January with my lady. I've been thinking about the smoke situation over there. Fuck man, quite expensive!

Good to read all this info/experience though

12. Small amounts of marijuana possession I believe are decriminalised which means that it's still illegal however at the polices discretion they can confiscate it and fine you or make you attend a drug education program. I think you get two to three chances depending on which state you live in.

13. Fuck off im perth represent and WA has the harshest laws in the whole of australia! Get a criminal record for more than 20g or smoking equipment, bongs are illegal and cant be sold here, two years jail for crashing under the infuence.... Fuck the police! Bush tobacco is the best here tho ;-) anyone from WA?

14. This is what I found at - http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publications/factsheets/article/cannabis-and-the-law

Lots of good accurate info available check it out. Hope it answers all your questions :)

New South Wales
    If someone is caught with up to 15 grams of cannabis in New South Wales, they may receive a ‘caution’ from the police officer, which includes information about the harms associated with cannabis use and a number to call for drug-related information or referral. Only two cautions are allowed to be given to the same person.

Victoria
    A police officer may give someone a caution and offer them the opportunity to attend a cannabis education program if they are caught with no more than 50 grams of cannabis. Like New South Wales, only two cautions are allowed to be given to the one person.

Tasmania
    Someone found in the possession of up to 50 grams of cannabis can be given a caution up to three times in ten years. For the first caution, information and referral is provided. A brief intervention is given with the second caution. On the third and final caution, the offender must be assessed for drug dependence and attend either a brief intervention or treatment program.

Queensland
    Police officers in Queensland offer someone the option of diversion if they are found in possession of up to 50 grams of cannabis. This is the only state in which diversion must be offered to a minor cannabis offender – elsewhere, it is up to the police officers whether or not they offer diversion or charge the offender. The diversion includes a mandatory assessment and brief intervention program. Only one offer of diversion is allowed per person.

Western Australia
    In 2004 Western Australia introduced a civil penalty scheme for cannabis possession.

With a change of government in 2008 this scheme was overturned. As of August 2011, individuals in possession of not more than 10 grams of harvested cannabis and/or a used smoking implement who have no prior cannabis offences will be required to attend a Cannabis Intervention Session (CIS) within 28 days or receive a cannabis conviction for the offence. All cannabis cultivation offences will attract a criminal conviction.

15. Yup I live in Perth, moving soon though. I find the weed situation great here it's one of Perths best attributes, the heat has become too much for my pale English complexion however.

16. [quote name='"didier12"']

Yup I live in Perth, moving soon though. I find the weed situation great here it's one of Perths best attributes, the heat has become too much for my pale English complexion however.[/quote]

Plenty around soon you should stick around for another winter to enjoy the fruits of the harvest lol

17. Brissy is pretty laid back man, alot of people smoke here, "dank" which we call hydro is pretty expensive here, anywhere from 70 to 120 a quarter and 300 to 400 for an oz, if you want something cheaper grab some bush for around 50 a quarter or 200 to 250 an oz. Only thing you have to worry about is random drug tests on the road, which like they said is rare, but on the main boozebus roads it happens alot so stay away from them.

We have asshole cops but good ones too, posession is usually a drug class and/or a ticket, obviously dont go driving around with a pound of weed or some shit like that. If you want a more laid back place, go to sunshine coast, lived there for a long time and there are ALOT of stoners there. As for brissy its easy to get weed here, almost every job ive had in queensland ive worked with at least one stoner.

If you get pulled over you will almost always get a breathalizer test, ive never had a drug test before. Just be courtious, cops here can be fuckwits but its nothing like america, they wont drop you and stand on your head unless you take a swing at them (dont).

18. I love the Perth lifestyle. The change the city has undertaken over the last 10 years has been quite dramatic. Simply, a lot more cool shit going on. When I turned 18, hardly any big bands or that came to the state. Now we have a fantastic fringe festival each year which made the city feel electric.

Hooch-wise.. I find it hit and miss. I don't think I have the best contacts though. At the moment I am struggling to even find 25's or 50's! Let alone a big bag! (if anyone would like to help haha)

The weather and lifestyle here are extremely conducive to 420 times. Beautiful sunsets and a lot of picturesque places to enjoy burning one down by the river and beach.

19. Haha another brother in the struggle! You north or south buddy? I haven't got hold of Oscar in probably 2-3 months. It's been all nifties since then.

20. #40 Heehaa420, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Best of luck on your search buddy.