Smoking in Australia?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by carrie1390, Feb 12, 2013.

1. #301 inhumainpapaya, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Everyone keeps saying how' dry my state is but this is what I've managed to pick up lately

Attached Files:

2. Alright, Aussie bloke here, I know I'm a little late to the party, but I need to say a few things.

The weed is NOT mediocre, as long as you have a good hookup. It is however on the higher price range.

No matter what ANYBODY tells you, the average price of a gram in Australia is $20.
    Don't comment on this saying, my dealer is better, you must have a shit dealer, because it's not just about that.

However, if you were to ask the Australia Crime commission (ACC) the average price for one gram of cannabis, they will tell you it ranges from A$20–A$35, and higher in rural areas.

Where I live in Australia (Canberra) 80% of the weed is good stuff. But kiss goodbye to any chance of <span>selection, no more "I want OG Kush or I want Purp Haze. You get what you are given.</span>

These are the laws.

In Canberra, A.C.T (It's a territory, not a state by the way)
    Possession of up to 25 g or two non hydroponic plants is a $100 <span>fine due within 60 days</span>

in Western Australia, possession of 10 g or less and you will get a 'Cannabis Intervention Requirement notice' to attend a mandatory one on one counselling session. Quantities larger than this attract a penalty of A$2000 or two years in jail, or both. A person found <span>in possession of more than 100g of cannabis would be deemed to have that quantity for supply and could face a penalty of A$20,000 or two years in jail.</span>
    It is also illegal to buy, sell or display, cannabis smoking paraphernalia.

In New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania or Queensland, possession and use of cannabis is a criminal offence; however, it is unlikely that anyone caught with a small amount will be bothered by the police.
    In New South Wales, possession of 15 g of cannabis or less,  a caution <span>can be issued, you should get 2 cautions before criminal action.</span>
    In Tasmania up to three cautions <span>can be issued for possession of up to 50 g of cannabis, with a load of different interventions and referrals for *Cough Cough* 'treatment' with each caution</span>

Similarly, in Victoria, up to 50 g of cannabis will attract a caution and the opportunity to attend an education program, only two cautions will be issued.

In Queensland, possession of cannabis or any schedule 1 or 2 drug specified in the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 carries a maximum prison sentence of 15 years; however, jail terms for minor possession is very rare. Possession of smoking paraphernalia is also a criminal offence in Queensland. However, under the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 a person who admits to carrying under 50 g (and is not committing any other offence) <span>must be offered a drug diversion program.</span>

Persons who are 18+ found <span>in possession of up to 50 g of cannabis, one gram of hash oil, or 10 g of hash or cannabis seed, or two non-hydroponic plants can be fined A$200 with 28 days to expiate rather than face a criminal charge.</span>

technically, according to federal law, Cannabis is illegal in Australia, but State governments set different laws. Which is why it's a bit of a mess.

Thing is, as long as you don't get caught with too much, and you are still polite to the officer talking to you, the most you will get is a slap on the wrist. It's pretty relaxed over here :)

Doesn't change the fact we still have <span>dickface Tony running the place.</span>

3. I get 4.2 grams for $50 and thats the best I've seen for a $50 in Aus :smoking:

4. @[member="Hammerfell"] In Adelaide $25 bag is 2.5-3grams.

5. Texted my dealer today but he hsn't replied back, feel like he quits selling it. 
    Any suggestions?

6. I live in Canberra and things are pretty good here. Dealers are everywhere. In the Manuka/Kingston area I know about 7 or 8 different dealers who consistently sell quality bud. It took me years to find the best dealers though. I've come across people selling dirt weed at ridiculous prices. There is good weed in Canberra though. Anyone saying they can't find food weed in Canberra just doesn't know the right dealer.

Police are pretty relaxed here. I don't know anyone (except for dealers) who has ever been caught for simple possession. It is legal to possess up to 25g of dried bud (for personal use) here. It is also legal to grow up to 2 pot plants. I might grow weed again some time soon actually. It's just a matter of whether I can be bothered.

Prices for quality bud tend to be:
    1 - 1.5g  $20
    3 - 3.5    $50

7. #307 willywagpole, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    I feel bad for the first comment. Coming from Cali where you can pick any weed you want that suits your medical or personal needs to a place like this where hardly anyone knows what strain of weed they are buying or selling and its usually shit weed compared to international.

I occasionally take trips to Europe and the quality is many many times better and stronger. Plus the tastes are amazing.

Don't get me wrong we do have some quality weed time to time, But most of the time its just average and like i said its try or pick your luck.

8. Weed is to expensive here in aus compared to cali lol
    i get a gram for $20
    half o $170
    cops arnt to harsh on it depending where you go though.
    And jobs rarely drug test you here

9. #309 APH, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
    I scored 13grams of average stuff for 50 on thursday, While I was there another guy rocked up and paid 110 for a half.

Gotta get those mates rates

10. #310 Creator002, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    (From Wikipedia)
    In Queensland, possession of cannabis or any schedule 1 or 2 drug specified in the Drugs Misuse Regulation 1987 carries a maximum prison sentence of 15 years; however, jail terms for minor possession is very rare. Possession of smoking paraphernalia is also a criminal offence in Queensland. However, under the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 a person who admits to carrying under 50 g (and is not committing any other offence) must be offered a drug diversion program.

As to getting it, well, I'm in Melbourne and I haven't been up towards Queensland way, but I'd think you can get it just as easy. Whenever I've lost a dealer, I've been able to pick one up quite quickly (though with a lot of effort). Prices are about $10/g and $250/oz regardless of quality.

Oh, and in regards to testing, most drug and alcohol buses (you'll probably hear them called booze buses most often) will test for cannabis and methamphetamine. If it's a random pull over, it'll just be a breath test, if anything.
    For jobs, most places won't drug test and I've never met anyone that's had a drug test pulled on them after employment.
    There does seem to be more buses on the road though. Just last Friday, I saw two in my suburb just a few streets from each other.

11. I lived in a poor ghetto ass neighborhood in western sydney growing up and cops would just take our weed most of the time that's about it because most of the town are HOUSOS so cops usually don't wanna deal with that shit unless there tough guys but they usually don't last long lol.

Live in the ghetto and smoke ull be sweet :)

12. it is should be illegal. but i can grow one or two still... that why people not so pushed to vote for legalizing weed.

13. I agree.....mates rates is where it's at. My mates have the best hook-up around. Tis only that tho.....all the other growers I know use nasty hormones and are all about volume. Shit.....my mates even get to choose....should see em, they giggle like little bitches. =). Pity people keep buying Asian ditch weed....they have no reason to improve their nasty crap!

14. Sorry.....I am not a racist...just an observation of the common producers that appear to be dominating the melbourne scene.

15. Yea I often walk around in Canberra smoking a joint and no one seems to care. I am a 24 year old male adult, and most would just assume it is a rolled cigarette unless they notice the redness in my eyes. So long as I don't do this right in front of a cop, it's perfectly safe.

16. Ask him for another hookup. Most dealers know other dealers.

17. Been in Sydney a while and don't know the right people... I'm from the states and wanting to find something smokable. How in the hell do I get some smoke here!!!! ???
    😎

18. Go to Newtown. You're bound to run into someone who will offer you some. Also basically any cunt with a bucket hat in the Northern Beaches will know how to get some and anything else you might want haha.

If still no luck finding in Sydney, go up to Nimbin (8 hour drive). It's basically surfie/hippie Amsterdam.

19. Or queensland