Best LED light search 2013

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WaxPayne, Feb 11, 2013.

1. So if I veg and bloom in the same tent, should I just go 2x2 since the bloom on that light is only 2x2? Was hoping for a 3x3 tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You're better off with the 400W OR two solarflare's . The reason being the solar flare will work best with a 2x2 space. With two solarflares in your 3x3, you should be set :D 

3. I'm running two 400w solar storms in a 4x4 and everything is going very well. For sure worth the price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #224 Genato, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Hellou guys, im very new to these thing so i would need some help. :) I got some auto seeds from friend and i would try to grow them , so my question is about those LED light that are sold on ebay! Are they any good? Any1 tryed them? And if anything good for them how much of these would be good for 1 plant? For some reason my xperia z1 didnt let me to copy the url so i will put it old fashion :p , type in ebay search LED 50W.

Thank you very much for replys :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      86.1 KB
      Views:
  5. @[member="Genato"] If you want to get good bang for your buck go to TopLEDGrowlight.com. They have the best prices and are an actual business that can take care of you if you have any customer service needs. They have a thread on here in the Lighting section and a rep SmokeSara that answers all questions promptly. She may even throw in a set of hangers if you ask nicely :)

The light you have pictured in your post seems like it would be a very bad spectrum to use for LED. The whole idea of LED is to try to mimic the ratios of light wavelengths emitted to the ratios of wavelengths absorbed to drive photosynthesis. If done correctly you will have much less wasted light energy.

6. Anyone mix LED's and HID's together for a greater spectrum?  Ive been thinking about adding an LED to my setup but didn't know if I would gain any significant changes  :smoking:

7. from what I see it would but no experience.

IgOTbAdAdDs0rRy If iCoNfùSeD u

8. #229 Blitzkriegin, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    So if I intend to only use the solar storm for bloom, am i wasting money on this fixture bc it also has a veg mode? I mean, since I am paying about a grand for this, should i buy one that is only for bloom? And if so, which would you recommend?

... Or would you still recommend the solar storm. I won't be going more expensive than the solar storm. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Solarstorm :cool: hands down. 

• Like Like x 2
  10. CAnYouStillDo This?

11. #232 D.o.c, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    I'm about ready to order lights. Money is an issue, I need the cheapest I can get.  even if I have to build fixtures myself.  

I want to go LEDS, and florescent for better spectrum.  double driven T8's seem to be a good choice, but this is the LED thread. lol. 
     Pretty much what I read is, CREE 3W diodes, no less then 300W fixture.  plus, building my own I can determine diode spacing and color, example: more or less blues,  100 diodes per 1 sq ft or 1.5 sq ft
    Also read : 3 1w diodes are better then 1 3w diode, Any thoughts on this?
    any more info I can get would be helpful. TY

Also had an idea to paint the veg room blue b4 putting up mylar, red for flower room, since mylar is somewhat see-through, should help with the spectrum, tho might not be enough lums to even try. or even go with reflective blue/red foil instead of mylar. idk just a thought. 

12. I am very happy with mine, never going back to HID.

13. #234 Grow2dab., Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    I lost 3 of 4 when I switched from T5 to LED in last weeks of veg and then into flower, rescued the sole survivor which is now flourishing back under a HPS. Not blaming the LED's because it could of been allot of things but they just seemed to struggle more/drink less with the LED's.

It still could of been 100% my fault though as I changed a few other minor things, but again back under a HPS and she totally recovered. See how we go next round I guess, I'm building a perpetual setup that runs Fluro, LED's and HPS at different stages.

14. Going from one light source to another, needs to be done in stages.  Some believe that the plant makes cells to use the light it's given. The are Tekneeks(Techniques) to harden plants to new light sources. goggle "hardening plants" that will help with info in it. don't give up on the LED's very least, start your next grow with'em. try a side by side even, always good to see the results first hand. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. #236 D.o.c, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    I just happen to find this.........https://www.bmlhorticulture.com/

I was impressed by Lumitex, but the price is for gov. spending only. lol pfft to $300+ per bar.
    This place looks to be a good contender. $270 per 4' bar and can custom your own cobs they put in'em. A rack system for $1k, still a lil pricey and so far only have 600w fixtures.
          I'll be doing more research on'em. 

16. If u use led u have to start and finish with led. (Veg to flower) if u use other lamps before flowering with led as above stated bad things can happen as dying plants do occur. I know this first hand from experience. I contacted several companies and found out that since I have LED panels running in both veg and flower now I have no problems with dying plants. Yes you do water less. My suggestion is to make sure you have fans blowing on plants and use smart pots they will help u water a little more often

17. #238 Grow2dab., Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    It was my first time in aero pots actually so took a bit of getting use to especially in veg. Swapping my lone survivor to HPS seemed to almost cure it overnight as weird as that seems.  Rather then building on what I learnt from my first grow I just changed everything, that's how I came unstuck. I'm just thankful I'm still going to get something to smoke and another steep learning curves out of the way.

I kinda did a bit after researching it, going from 100w T5 to 2 100w LED's and T5 then 3 100w LEDs. Could of been a number of things but half way through they started to yellow in the tops (inside out) which I mistook as rapid new growth. Another week or so complete lockout and me trying to recover and eventually I threw in the towel. 

Funnily enough just before flower I decided to pull the scrawny little runt out (nearly half the size of the biggest) and keep it in veg in a grow cupboard I made before I thought "fuck it I'll just get a bigger tent". Flipped her under a 250 HPS from my first grow and she took off, I mean topped once and no training and I think she'll yield more then the two from my first grow haha.

Definitely haven't given up on them though, especially after investing nearly $500. With the perpetual setup I have got now I can run any combo of 100w T5, 300w LED (3 UFO's) and 250 HPS/MH in any stage of growth so I'm going to sample allot and compare to see what works better for me. Think the flower cupboard could handle a 400 HPS so that will probably be my last upgrade.

18. TY for info, a lot of ppl don't know things like that.     Are you saying, cant put clones or seeds under cfl then go to leds? have to do it all under leds?

19. Nah I use t5 or cfl for seeds til they pop the surfaces then I use both LED and t5 til flower. Then its my big momma 900w full spectrum. I use for one plant maybe 2. Any more dont get u good results imo. With this way I have yielded 3.5 ounces per plant and there were 3feet tall finished. So I got 7 total besides my trim too