Indonesia held public protest against Cannabis Prohibition and got local celebrities

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mikeferdy, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Aksi Damai LGN di Kantor BNN

Sorry for the bad English, it's roughly translated by google translate.

But this is an extremely big deal because this would be the first South East Asian country standing up for Cannabis legalization and sane drug laws. Almost all of the countries in South East Asia have the death penalty for Marijuana possession, like Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

If LGN manage to gain political ground in South East Asia, it will shake South East Asia's drug policy to the core.

Indonesia's Cannabis Legalization group, LGN, recently held a protest against Cannabis prohibition right in front of the BNN, Indonesia's DEA, headquarters and attracted a lot of local press attention.

LGN Hadir di Acara Deklarasi Persatuan Artis Peduli Narkoba

They also got local celebrities involved in the anti-prohibition movement.

2. wow

this is a really big step forward for the world. for people.

3. I dig, just wish we'd wake up quicker in the states, heh. I have enough land to grow enough hemp to live well on, and enough space to grow enough green to keep me and mine satisfied, if only it were legal.

4. I see more and more states waking up to legalization within a few months. As I just read from another thread New Hampshire is considering a few bills of their own. The tides are turning more and more in our favor. This is how patience is made. You have to know when to act at just the right moment. Just watch and see how the set on stage plays out and you just might be surprised.

5. FDA's Flavored Clove Cigarette Ban Kicks In

Fruit, candy, clove products affected, but not menthol...yet
    WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) said that the ban on flavored cigarettes went into effect September 22. The ban, which affects cigarettes with flavors characterized as fruit, candy or clove, was authorized by the new Family Smoking Prevention & Tobacco Control Act.

The FDA is also examining options for regulating both menthol cigarettes and flavored tobacco products other than cigarettes, it said.

"Almost 90% of adult smokers start smoking as teenagers. These flavored cigarettes are a gateway for many children and young adults to become regular smokers," said FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D. "The FDA will utilize regulatory authority to reduce the burden of illness and death caused by tobacco products to enhance our nation's public health."
    U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Assistant Secretary for Health Howard K. Koh, M.D., M.P.H., said, "The FDA's ban on these cigarettes will break that cycle for the more than 3,600 young people who start smoking daily."

The FDA is taking several steps to enforce the ban. A letter recently sent to the tobacco industry provided information about the law, and explained that any company who continues to make, ship or sell such products may be subject to FDA enforcement actions.
    The FDA has also made available an advisory to parents on the risks associated with flavored tobacco products.

Officials are encouraging consumers to notify authorities of any potential violations of the ban, reported the Associated Press.

Executives from leading health groups urged the FDA last month to take a closer look at alleged attempts to sidestep the ban by making superficial changes that turn a cigarette into a small cigar in order to keep selling flavored products.

In June, President Barack Obama signed the law that allows the FDA regulate the industry. Its authority includes the ability to ban certain products, reduce nicotine in tobacco products and block labels such "low tar" and "light." Tobacco companies also will be required to cover their cartons with large, graphic warnings. The law won't let the FDA ban nicotine or tobacco outright, but the agency will be able to regulate what goes into tobacco products, make public the ingredients and prohibit marketing campaigns, especially those geared toward children.

Richmond, Va.-based Altria Group Inc., owner of market-leading Philip Morris USA, supported the legislation, while its chief rivals—No. 2 Reynolds American Inc. and No. 3 Lorillard Inc., both based in North Carolina—opposed it. The latter two have joined in a lawsuit with other smaller tobacco companies challenging specific marketing regulations of the law.

you still able to purchase clove cigarettes by online
    The new regulation has ban clove cigarettes to be distributed in all states but you can still purchase them online since the law addresses the sale of these cigarettes ONLY in the US. Our company is located and registered in INDONESIA. The law also doesn't ban private citizens from possessing and smoking the clove cigarettes. You just cannot find and buy them on your local store. I found trusted online store to buy it CHEAP CLOVE CIGARETTES | Credit card by Paypal & Payza Accepted . its pretty process and deliver in good condition.
    thanks guyssss