A Song of Ice and Fire discussion *ALL SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by StuGrimson23, Feb 10, 2013.

1. So those of you that are also following the show... Did that look like Ramsey Snow rescuing Theon? I wasn't too sure at first... But it seems several people believe it is the Bastard of the Dreadfort.

2. #102 Iluvatar, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    In my mind, there is no question that it is Ramsay
    I belive the writers decided to go with the angle of Ramsay helping Theon escape instead of "letting" him escape as is done in the books. Its easier to recognize the trickery for people who haven't read the books I guess

3. I see. I just doesn't look even close to how I imagined him. I imagined him young, but not like a boy.

4. Yeah I also pictured him to be older, and more devious in appearance

5. Wasn't he also supposed to be pudgy?

I'm pretty sure it's him (the dying soldier saying "You bastard!" seemed on the nose) but he doesn't look like I imagined. Neither do Edmure or Thoros.

6. I know he's supposed to have wide, wormy looking lips. And I'm pretty sure he was described as "fleshy".
    That would go along with a fat person's appearance, so maybe

7. Some of the changes from the books to the TV show have been bothering me. Specifically, leaving it up in the air about whether Bran and Rickon are alive. Episode 3 made it clear that Robb believes they're alive, and Catelyn is sure they're dead. I hate that, because it undermines the conflict between the two of them. In the books, Robb and Catelyn make all of their decisions on equal ground, both assuming that the boys are dead. It's a cop-out for Robb to still have some slimmer of hope that they're alive.

8. I was wondering what the whole point was to continuing the conflict between Robb and Cat, too.
    I suppose they hope to make the RW seem even more tragic by heaping the conflict on top of everything else

9. Was tonight's show hinting at something in the last 2 books when Melisandre told Arya "We'll meet again"?

I started to think of scenarios where a little faceless assassin might be hired to kill Melisandre or even Stannis.

10. I just read all 5 books within the last two months. I love the story - my only complaint with his writing is he sometimes goes into too much detail in what everyone is wearing. I am assuming with the success of the HBO series he has people on his ass about getting the next book out. Hopefully its not 500+ pages of highly detailed descriptions of cloaks, clasp, and breeches.

11. A nice world map
    http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/

12. #112 Julius Caesar, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
    I believe the reader is supposed to assume it to be Howland Reed - which is almost too obvious though.

I think it is Jaime Lannister - he was pissed that King Aerys sent him away right after giving him the White Cloak. Rather than returning directly to Kings Landing he became the mystery knight. He was only 15 when cloaked so he would be smaller than most knights perhaps-? Why he would challenge those same knights that picked on Howland I cannot explain.

Ah, I changed my mind. It was probably Lyanna Stark.

13. The Winds Of Winter.... Come on......! [​IMG]