A Song of Ice and Fire discussion *ALL SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by StuGrimson23, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Did anyone else hate dance with dragons? Terrible book. Nothing happened. Let's hope he picks it up for the next one and we get some story.

A little step forward in plot and character development would be nice. The tv season for a feast for crows and dance with dragons will get the show cancelled.

2. Yeah, sometimes in my opinion George R.R Martin drags the story, but even then I like it I enjoy the amount of detail he tends to go into.

3. I know who the characters are. I was asking if there was an actual book about them and if so I would like to know what it's published name is. I didn't read the post I am quoting because I would rather read the book, if there is such book.

4. Yeah, there's a book...I can't really tell you though because...I illegally downloaded those stories...

5. Who do you think the most powerful character is? I would say Varys and his cohorts.

6. Varys and Littlefinger are the best political maneuvers...but the most powerful characters as in the most man power? House Lannister and Tyrell right now. Followed by House Martell...followed by Daenerys she will top the list when she actually gets her dragons trained though.

7. Victarion has the Dragon Horn. I wouldn't count the Kraken out just yet.

8. Yeah, but until I see it actually work I'm not going to count it same with the Horn Of Winter.

9. True, plus I could see Moqorro, who is supossed to teach Victarion to master it, screwing him over.

10. I just got a nice set of all the books that are out in this series. All hardcover and all printed the year each book was released. Plus they all have archival mylar dust jacket covers on them. Just really excited and saw the thread so I figured I would share my excitement!

11. That's awesome, you will enjoy them iI promise

12. This is a theory that I found on another website.

In ADOD the apprentice Pate steals the master key to the Citadel and sells it to a stranger who calls himself the Alchemist, and then he collapses. Later when Sam arrives at the Citadel he meets Pate.

The theory is that the Alchemist is Jaqen H'ghar, and that he assumed Pate's face and identity after killing him. Apparently the face of the Alchemist is described exactly the same as the face that Jaqen switches to in front of Arya when they parted. Also, he introduces himself to Sam as "Pate, like the pig boy," but the real Pate hated his name being associated with the pig boy story.

This raises another question that I never really thought about: what's Jaqen doing anyway? Why didn't he return to Braavos once he was freed? If he hasn't completed his mission yet, then who is he trying to kill that requires this much effort? I think whatever he's up to is pretty sinister and may not be sanctioned by the Faceless Men.

13. Congrats. I'd try to get to a GRRM signing with those. Since you are a collector, keep your eyes open for either of The Hedge Knight books.

Why was Jaqen in the Black Cells of the dungeon in Kings Landing?

14. Who's the best swordsmen in the seven kingdoms? My vote is on sandor clegane

15. Jamie Lannister was. My vote is on Ser Barristan, but he is across the Narrow Sea and not in the seven kingdoms.

16. Man I think sandor would beat Jamie even before he lost his hand...his fight with beric was awesome cant wait to see it done in the show. Barriston is good, but old.

17. An old man indeed but still had no trouble slicing through several of the city guard in King' s Landing with hardly an effort. The Dog is brutal and fearless, no doubt deadlier than most but the best swordsman in the kingdoms, I beg to differ good Ser.

18. The guy is afraid of fire and cut through a flaming sword to kill a guy. City guard are fodder look who led them!

19. Jamie's crippled, Barristan's old, and Sandor's dead. The best sword in Westeros is Bronn :smoking: