Bc bud depot ? Seeds and rip offs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Psychofarmer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I read alot of bad reviews with bc bud depot.
    This was after i purchased. I sent a money order and everytime i call they say they moved to canada, i sent mail to neitherlands. They say it gets forward every time u call there toll free number they say we havent gotten any mail call back friday . Next time u call u just keep gettin try back in a few days.

Anyone else have trouble with them???

Ordered back in nov 12

2. Whoa, November 12? That is too long of a time to not have received any reply or shipment. You may have to check with the bank to see if the money order was executed. Last time I spoke w/someone from BC they were still in Canada. Ordered two times in the last 2 years - no problems, however I did not order from them this year. Check time zones and call them during business hours. Make sure you have the correct e-mail address.

3. Hey folks,
    I am a Canadian farmer that works with bcbd. I did just post a reply in another thread, and I want to assure everyone that we are here for our customers.
    As I said in that other post, we have no need to rip anyone off. We have a client base that has been around for a long time, and our genetics have been recognized at all the major competitions.
    I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Feel free to PM me, and I will do anything I can to help.
    Cheers,
    GreenBeard

4. #4 Ricksign, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    BEWARE!!!!!
    I sent $150 fo a few seeds and got nothing in return. Being on a disability pension it was not easy to come up with $150 but I had to risk it so I can grow my own since I can't afford to buy it from Health Canada for $12 a gram.
    I felt so pissed off at them for stealing my money but now I'm pissed off with me for being so stupid. EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW IF THEY WANT CASH OR AN UNNAMED MONEY ORDER YOU ARE GOING TO GET RIPPED OFF!
    I'm trying to warn you. If I had read some of these stories about being ripped off I would have looked for an other way of obtainibg seeds.
    Hope this message helps someone.

5. @[member="Ricksign"],
    I am not affiliated with BCBD anymore in any way, and I will never have anything to do with them again, but I would like to see if I might be able to help improve your situation. I only dealt with BCBD for a very short time, as I quickly became aware of problems with the company, and decided to cut ties. I understand your frustration, and I hate to hear about anyone getting ripped off, especially fellow Canadians. Not to mention that for $12 a gram, the stuff from Health Canada and PPS is pretty much unsmokeable.
    Please PM me if there is anything I can do. I still work with seeds, and I would be happy to do what I can to make sure that you have quality genetics to work with. Both my wife and I are med patients as well, and I am not looking for anything in return. I am in Canada, too.
    Cheers,
    GB

7. Hi,
    Thanks for the thought. It's helpful to have someone understand what your going through and allow them to let a little steam off.
    I've been thinking about the business in Hamilton, ON that I sent the money to and High Times Mag. where I read the ad which started all this. Why are we letting them make money off us too. We should boycott these businesses until BCBD gets their act togeather.
    I see everyone getting a little piece and laughing at the idiot who sent cash in the mail.
    Time is short on this end I thought I'd see one more crop before Health  Canada takes over but dealing with BCBD makes this impossible.
    Tell me more about your seeds. As mad as I am I still need a little smoke to get through the day.
    Many thanks,
    Rick

8. I sent them an order back in the day with a money order through the mail, and never received anything. 

They used to have forums and I created a board username - I'd see people posting all the time about not getting their orders.

It made me look around twice as hard for a good seed bank when I decided to dabble in growing in 2011, which lead me to grasscity and threads about the Attitude. Thankfully, I can say every time I've ordered with Attitude I've gotten what I ordered. They won't scam you which is more than I can say for BC Bud Depot - they must honestly think nobody is going to bitch and complain on the internet when they fuck people over.

I hope they completely crash and burn someday. The people who run that company are pieces of shit :smoking:

9. @[member="Ricksign"],

I have sent you a PM with some details, and I hope I can help.

I have been disappointed by the lack of transparency from some successful companies in the industry over the years, and I look forward to the day when a large majority of breeders and seedbanks are open and honest with the growing public. There are good places out there. I have never made any puchases from Attitude myself, though I have heard that they are pretty reliable. I have also heard very good things about Hemp Depot and Highlife. I can personally recommend a few seedbanks that I have dealt with in the past, and with great success, including The Seed Depot, CannaCollective, and Seedsman(I hope it is OK to mention these companies by name). Many of the very best breeders in the world vend there, and I have received 100 % arrival rate with all of them after many orders, with excellent customer service to boot!

Cheers,

GB

10. Thanks for your time in this matter. It 's a good feeling that there are still people that care about others. When I get my grow room cleaned and ready I'll get in touch.
    Can't thank you enough.
    Rick

11. Thanks,
    I'll look them up on line.
    I'd like to take their (BCBD)"peace" and shove it up his ass.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Fuck them and their 'genes' - there are plenty of breeders who pass their gear on to wholesalers and aren't worried about ripping everyone else off in the process. I'll never buy anything from that company after my experience getting ripped off.

TH Seeds, TGA/Subcool, Reservoir, DJ Short, Mr. Nice are all reputable breeders.

Attitude, Nirvana Seed Boutique, and Seedbay are all legit sources to buy seeds.

Good luck dude :smoking:

13. Just a heads up about the sites owned by Gypsy Nirvana(Boutique and Bay). He recently got arrested in the Philippines, and the US DEA are trying to extradite him. I am not saying not to shop there, just keep this in mind. I doubt that the authorities are watching every small sale, and Gypsy has not been heavily involved in day-to-day operations for quite some time, but it is always unnerving to hear about these things happening.

@[member="MrThoughtCrime"], feel free to PM me if you are interested in some freebies....

Cheers,

GB

14. Thanks for the heads up!!
    Rick

15. Sent HIGH TIMES MAGAZINE a quick note about BCBD ripping people off using their magazine.
    They responded "Who gives a shit."
    Great Attitude.
    R

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. You should have known that was a coming. HT is totally a POS rag that is only interested in selling advertising. They do not, I repeat they DO NOT give a fuck about you, about me or anyone else, they don not give a fuck about if anything they print is truthful and could give a damn less about their advertisers. All they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$ they take from you, other readers and advertisers. They are on the legal side and are raking in the big bucks. They don't give a fuck!

I quit reading their shitty publication full of lies in 1976, fuck them.

17. [SIZE=medium]I placed 2 large orders with BC Bud Depot a couple of days apart.  After waiting a month and receiving nothing I got nervous and did a Google search.  I found hundreds of extremely negative BC Bud Depot reviews.  I got really worried and called BC Bud Depot.  I was promised (by a guy that claimed he was the owner) that everything would be fine.  Everything is not fine.  65 days later and I have only received part of 1 order.  I have had to do all of the emailing and calling.  Responses take a week or more. Every time I email or call I get a different answer.  I have been given so many excuses I don't know what to believe.  There are lots of other places to buy seeds.  Trust me; don't buy them from these guys.  It is a total scam.  It seems impossible to me that a business could be run this poorly.  If you don't want to get ripped off than do a search for “Seed Bank Reviews”.  You can find another source that you can trust.  You will also see that my experience with BC Bud Depot is not unique.  I am just another sucker in a long line of other suckers.[/SIZE]

18. #18 Stompin_Tom, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    <sup>This is ridiculous. Every response I send them with an order number is fast and usually encrypted. WTF,</sup>

<sup>My friends have ordered from here multiple times. One time with Northern lights, the mains actually broke, was some fine damn smoke for a few when cured. Im not sure what the issues have been with all the complaints, but at one time I remember a pack being all males and one fem. And that person getting not only the seeds back, but a sample of white widow. 3 of 4 female one herm.. People I know use this depot consistently. Albeit with some latency. Every order delivered, complaints answered, benefits delivered if legitimate.</sup>

<sup>A lot of flamers and imposers out there. But I'm certain that I can say that others have been satisfied. I think Green beard is a fag. our results are positive +</sup>

<sup>Please make your point without the disrespectful comments.  Name calling is not welcome here-PF</sup>

19. @[member="Stompin_Tom"],

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Why don't you post some pics, then? If you are happy with the service you received, that is fine. I never said that everyone got screwed, I was just offering to try to help those that did. Good job with the bigoted personal attack, when I am just trying to help a few people that had a bad experience there.

The mains broke? You mean the stems? Maybe you should look at using stakes or tomato cages, like everyone else does before the stems break...heheh. My OGs, Renes and SSSDHs always start to droop halfway through flower if left unstaked. They also stretch a great deal in early flower. The NLs I have grown, on the other hand, from old Dutch stock, need very little staking until late and have a relatively low odour, even though they grow huge, dense buds. They smell a bit like garbage or rotting fruit. You sure you got real NL from BCBD? And White Widow herming? That strain has been bred by Shatibaba for years, and he still holds the original parents. It is known to be extremely stable.

The real point that I was trying to make was not BCBD specific anyway. I work in this industry. There is a lack of transparency. What are the backgrounds of these strains? Did you know that NL comes from Afghani stock? Or WW is a Brazilian landrace crossed with a South Indian sativa from Kerala? This information should be displayed for everyone to see by anyone that sells the beans.

I love the fact that, in your head, because you had one or two good experiences, everyone else's negative experiences are not valid. Maybe you work there? Hehehe....say hi to Matt for me.

On another topic, The Seed Depot has gone under. Apparently without paying their breeders. Another in the long line of questionable occurrences. I got a ton of great product from them over the course of 8 months, then they took my last $800 money order and sent me nothing. It happens everywhere and to everyone. I just try to keep my eyes open for a place that is honest. I think that the best bet right now is Seedsman, though there are a couple of new places that I have yet to try.

Cheers,

GB

• Like Like x 1
  20. I just placed a phone order and now after reading this thread I am extremely nervous. I live in a legal state and paid using my visa, should i cut and run or let it play out, I was very pleased with herbies but they were very expensive albeit very quick to deliver 5 days or so..I have been checking out this site:
    http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com

Any advice from people who have done business with both sites before?> I eagerly await your responses