do charcoal water filters remove chlorine?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Golden Lungs, Feb 8, 2013.

1. i have a brita pitcher and i just picked up some G.O BioThrive from the hydro store, the kid said chlorine would kill all the organic ingredients and shit. so im wondering if the charcoal filter the brita has will take the chlorine out so it will be safe to use?

also i added a little hot tap water cuz the brita water was cold is that gonna fuck shit up? from now on ill probably just let it sit out or buy water at the store.

2. my tap water isnt the greatest, rusy and has a slight hint of sulfer but can still grow plants decently. at first i was using brita filters to remove the rust and hard water sediments and it worked very well. the ph normally is at 7.5 and after the filter its about 6.8. the ppm was also around 300 and would drop it to about 150. id use the filter if you know it has junk in it and fill up some jugs a few days before you need it and let them sit without a cap on.

3. ya, i know it comes from a lake so it's gotta be half decent. im just wondering if the chlorine they add into the tap water to kill bacteria is going to be filtered out so i can use it with my orgainc fertilizer. cuz u dont want that to happen.

4. I just flushed a plant with tap water, guy at supply store said it should be fine. I use distilled water otherwise.

5. It will not get rid of chlorine. Fill water containers, whatever you use, then set them out for 2-3 days, and all chlorine will have evaporated off.