Best portable vaporizer?? In Feb. 2013

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 13 degrees, Feb 8, 2013.

1. #1 13 degrees, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    I would create a poll but im too lazy to do that so lets do this. bBe sides the pax...obviously...which portable is the best in terms of efficency , battery life, durability, size and other qualities?

Edit: I want biased opinions also.

2. No one portable vape is the best in all of those qualities...........not a one. It's all a matter of compromise. Best thing to do is to find out what your top priority is and work from there.

3. Why besides the Pax? If by that you mean that's clearly the best your dead wrong.

Every vape brings something different. Find one nat fits you.

4. Yeah, I was going to say the exact same thing to. Seems like the same kind of mindset that many of the Volcano users have regarding their 'Cano's.

5. Personally, I'd say either the solo or the No2 are the head of the pack. I find the no2 offers the thickest vapor, but at the sacrifice of size and a little flavor.

6. See, now here's what I don't understand. While the Solo is a great vape, it is no where as stealthy as an MFLB, an Inhalator or a Pax. The No2 is also not nearly as stealthy as the ones I mentioned either.

The OP needs to define what his priority is before anyone can recommend any particular vape.

7. I have a mflb, my dude has a pax.

Pax is all stealth. It looks like it was bought at the apple store and the taste is amazing. Super clear high, works great when you have stuff to do. Easy to use, no annoying batteries. It's expensive tho. Honestly, that's the only down side I can think of.

Mflb is more...organic? The taste isn't as pronounced, it's not as stealth, and always make sure you have a fresh battery. The high (for me) is not as clear as the pax, but you can still get stuff done. I take it to work weekly and me & my coworkers love it. It's much cheaper (got mine for $70 shipped with 2 extra batteries), lifetime warranty.

I've used the cheaper pen-style ones and they are junk. My dude has a puffit coming so I'm eager to compare & contrast.

Personally, I believe in "buy it once and never again." If you medicate often the pax is ideal. I use my mflb daily and love it tho. So...check out those two.

8. To me clearly the pax is best.

9. Its your opinion idc which one you think is best. I just want your opinion.

10. #10 lwien, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    It may be the best for YOU, but it is not the best. How can it be being that it works on 100% conduction which means that it is constantly cooking your herb, even between hits.

Vapes that work on convection, in my opinion, are much better because the only time your herb is vaporized is when you are hitting it.

I can't give you an opinion on what is the best portable, because there is no one best portable. Why is that so? Because some of the top models excel in certain areas where the others don't. Btw, this same thing holds true for home vaporizers.

It's kinda like asking what the best car is. One may say a Ferrari or a Lambo, and another might say a Rolls Royce or a Bently. Both are right, eh?

11. To me clearly pax is one of the worst.

Its 100% conduction. Iwien's right, there's countless categorys a vape could win "best vape" in, but unless you don't care about vapor quality, pax really can't be considered the best.

The best portable vaporizers in my opinion are the Solo, the Inhalator, Cera, and we'll have to see about the new ascent.

The pax is a super-mflb. It makes for a concealable portable, but I fail to see any advantage past that. The price makes me laugh considering what you get. Also, since we got a vape section at GC, I've never seen more failed units, duds, and other issues from any portable but the pax. The amount of "Help!" Threads created for the pax is astonishing. That makes me stay far away.

12. It's so weird how a vaporizer can get this kind of rep as the best there is. The Pax is getting the same kind of "the best there is" rep as the Volcano has gotten, and they're both false.

Amazing...........

13. Have you tried it? I love the pax but it is different. It has its quirks.. but overall a fairly solid unit. sip slow iron lungs lol

14. #14 lwien, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Yup. All vaporizers have them. And certain quirks will bother some people more than others. That's why I find that a dogmatic opinion that one vaporizer is generally the "best" is just a silly statement to make.

15. I definitely agree. Both the Volcano and Pax have excellent marketing campaigns, that's why. Both put more effort into that than they do vaporizers (maybe a bit unfair..)

But 500-600 for a bag-only vape, and then 250 for a conduction-only portable...SMH...

16. Is the Volcano a portable vape?

17. Nope it isnt

18. MFLB gets the job done for most people

19. Iwein is being nice about it. The Pax for its price is a piece of **** ... 250 for a conduction style vape is a joke. Idc if the thing is the size of a penny.

20. Your opinion and his opinion is what i want. If i didnt i wouldve quoted what he said so keep em comming.