Best portable vaporizer?? In Feb. 2013

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 13 degrees, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Don't get me wrong, there are probably better ones available. But these serve the purposes for which I purchased them and I'm pretty happy with them overall.

2. The vapor blunt brand seems to have decent vapes like their new one is called a palm and there's a newer one that's specialty for making oils they're pretty diverse check em out

3. I almost bought a vaporblunt yeasterday, but i went online and saw that it was HUGE.

4. Original Vaporblunts are an abomination, IMO. My friend got one bc it went on sale, invited me over to try it out. Very weak vapors, bigger than the LSV, ugly as fuck, etc.. No idea about the new one though

5. Yeah I got the original one thinking I was cool and like a week later the price dropped half below and they came out with a new one while they were in the process of 2 newer one's.

The newest one that's for oils tho is hot it looks like a little bong its pretty neat

6. #46 Infamous Smoke, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    To everyone smashing the pax.. Yes it does burn the herbs constantly, but you act like it's wasting the vapor? The reason pax is great is because it's small, damn hard to break (friend had his smashed by cop, took the cop a bit to break it) discrete and looks bad ass. As long as you keep it clean you will have no problems, dumb ass people think you can smoke 5gs through it and expect it to run the same as when it's clean. The vaporizers y'all are talking about are back pocket big. You can't slip it into your pocket and it not be noticed. The pax wins for me the best portable. The extreme q wins best desktop vap ever. My .02

7. I'm curious. Why is the Pax better than the Inhalator? And........why is the Q better than the SSV, LSV, Volcano, AroMed, Cloud, VripTech, DBV? Considering the dirty air path of the Q as compared to the vapes I listed above, I really am curious why you think the Q is the best desktop ever.

8. He is obviously pointing at the fact that it's durable and super stealthy. The Inhalater is a bit big, but you could throw it in your front pocket and you wouldn't be searched at first glance by a police officer. :D

As to the Q, I don't see how that opinion was morphed...:confused_2:

9. "You act like its wasting vapor" - ..I'm not sure you understand what constantly heating means xD. I vape so I can get high, not so I can release vapor into the air.

Those "dumbass people" probably assumed it was the same as other vaporizers, where you CAN vape 5g and have the damn thing work. I find it astonishing people defend this obvious failure of a pax. Its not user error unless you assume that everyone should know you have to clean vapes constantly. No other vaporizer has that extreme upkeep, or the dire consequnces of not following it. Upkeep is cost. At 250 it was already high.

The vaporizers were talking about are not all that big. Ill be honest, I think Id prefer the VG when you account for price, the VG has better vapor when used correctly. The easiest example is the inhalator. It very clearly has better vapor than the pax, doesn't require such ridiculous upkeep, and doesn't seem to have the other multitude of issues I've seen from the pax. Its also tiny as hell, it might be longer but still easily fits in any pocket.

10. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

"You act like its wasting vapor" - ..I'm not sure you understand what constantly heating means xD. I vape so I can get high, not so I can release vapor into the air.

Those "dumbass people" probably assumed it was the same as other vaporizers, where you CAN vape 5g and have the damn thing work. I find it astonishing people defend this obvious failure of a pax. Its not user error unless you assume that everyone should know you have to clean vapes constantly. No other vaporizer has that extreme upkeep, or the dire consequnces of not following it. Upkeep is cost. At 250 it was already high.

The vaporizers were talking about are not all that big. Ill be honest, I think Id prefer the VG when you account for price, the VG has better vapor when used correctly. The easiest example is the inhalator. It very clearly has better vapor than the pax, doesn't require such ridiculous upkeep, and doesn't seem to have the other multitude of issues I've seen from the pax. Its also tiny as hell, it might be longer but still easily fits in any pocket.[/quote]

I do know what constantly heating means thank you and you miss understood what I was saying.

If you look at the design of the pax it's just a screen, small metal pipe, mouthpiece and sense the design is so small what do you expect? There to be no resin?

And for thoses asking I like the extreme q because it's cheep works great, I love bags so it's great that it does them and I can vapor bong. It's also got a remote. And when your done vaporizing its even got an insense burner which I use to kill the smell just place it on the timer if you gotta go. And when cleaning use a Cotten ball and get the resin and vap that. Shits like oil.

11. I want to buy a new portable that is small and stealthy and is known to get the job done. (excluding mflb)

12. Yea!"

13. If you are aware of that fact I'm not sure how you were unaware that it wouldn't be wasted vapor....what exactly do you call vapor that you don't inhale? Id love it if you elaborated because I'm not sure how both those are possible.

So...because we can see the flaws when looking at the pax they should be forgiveable? No. Other vapes don't have issues, and they're better and cheaper. And I never said I expected there to be no resin, but the fact that the pax stops working DUE to resin is an issue. A conduction vaporizer like that will build up much more resin than other vaporizers, but the makers chose the absolute worst design for one, causing it to not functuon when it builds up. So it becomes resiny quicker than other vaporizers, and fails to work more easily when it does.

I classify that as a flaw. How would you categorize it? That's my only point. In my opinion the multitude of flaws the pax has outweighs any conceivable benefit over other vapes (other than size..what is there? Its not even like its the only small vape).

14. Heo, I contend that most people that bought the Pax did so strictly on how it looks and never doing any research beforehand to find out how it works and the differences between what a convection vaporizer is and a vape that works on conduction and why a convection based vape, even a hybrid convection/conduction is better than one that works strictly on conduction such as the Pax.

And, btw, I think the same MO can be attributed to most Volcano users as well.

15. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

If you are aware of that fact I'm not sure how you were unaware that it wouldn't be wasted vapor....what exactly do you call vapor that you don't inhale? Id love it if you elaborated because I'm not sure how both those are possible.

So...because we can see the flaws when looking at the pax they should be forgiveable? No. Other vapes don't have issues, and they're better and cheaper. And I never said I expected there to be no resin, but the fact that the pax stops working DUE to resin is an issue. A conduction vaporizer like that will build up much more resin than other vaporizers, but the makers chose the absolute worst design for one, causing it to not functuon when it builds up. So it becomes resiny quicker than other vaporizers, and fails to work more easily when it does.

I classify that as a flaw. How would you categorize it? That's my only point. In my opinion the multitude of flaws the pax has outweighs any conceivable benefit over other vapes (other than size..what is there? Its not even like its the only small vape).[/quote]

Heres my words.. "Yes it does burn the herbs constantly, but you act like it's wasting the vapor?" my point being the vapor doesn't flow out anywhere on the pax.. Your still inhaling the vapor. I was in no way saying its wasting vapor..

I clean my shit constantly, glass and vaps so it isn't a big deal to me.Now that you understand that, I understand what your saying because the extreme q is the opposite. For portable vaporizers size is huge for me. So I would disagree on the design but that's why we are having this argument.

I have owned numerous vaps and most have broke on me. But the pax hasn't. plus a 10 year warranty. I'm happy with my pax because it meets my goals

16. Ya know, saying what you said above is totally reasonable and I don't think that ANYONE would debate that with you. If YOU are happy with your vape, that's really all that matters. The problem arises when people extrapolate that just because a particular vape is good for THEM, it automatically means that it would be the best for others as well, so when someone says that a particular vape is the best there is, it's a statement that is categorically false.

17. [quote name='"13 degrees"']
    Edit: I want biased opinions also.[/quote]

This is why im saying it's the best, because I can be biased haha

18. Dude its just an example of a biased opinion for those who dont know what a biased opinion though it is true.. Somebody took it to the ballsack way too hard.

19. Here's the deal. Many people come into this forum looking for advice so why wouldn't you want to provide the most honest, unbiased advice that you can give rather than just stroking your vape epeen proclaiming that "MY vaporizer is the BEST just because I like it", eh?

20. Ah i understand.