Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed is the gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by El Chapo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I did :smoking:

Anyway its not a gateway drug. If you think it is what about caffeine?

2. To be honest I was never open to tryin psychedlics until I smoked weed

3. Anything could be called a gateway drug.

Any coffee/caffeine fans here remember what it did back when you had zero tolerance?

For me personally, i would say that alcohol and tobacco were my gateway drugs.

4. [quote name='"Teal"']

I did :smoking:

Anyway its not a gateway drug. If you think it is what about caffeine?[/quote]

Lol yea i think caffeine should be considered a gateway drug. Ive taken some high doses of caffeine in preworkout supplements and man does it feel good throwing weights around in the gym. I wonder how more intense stimulants feel

5. For shure got a double double from timmies then some crack of billy. How the hell can u compare caffeine to thc. How does buying coffees/energy drinks let u buys hard drugs in the long run.

6. cigarettes and booze...gateway drug. And coffee,

7. Anyone that ever used "harder" drugs would have used them whether they smoked weed or not. My opinion is that weed has become so socially accepted and readily available that it is just the first drug that they will have a chance to use.

8. I disagree with your first statement. I believe a lot of people wouldn't try harder drugs if they didn't smoke weed first. Now I don't think that's an excuse to label weed a "gateway drug" but don't be so naive to think that someone would try a harder drug without smoking weed first lol.

9. Lol, hell no. Apologies for my choice of words, but weed is not the gate way drug to anything more than diabetes, or fatigue. Seriously, do a little research. In the 80s with the crack epidemic, did you happen to notice the severe damage caused to the drug? How about weed? Nope, never once has that happened. Or, how about the death ratio? Crack? Millions. Heroin? Millions. Meth? Millions. Even tobacco? Millions. Alcohol? Millions. Marijuana? 0.. recently there has been a drug spree for bath salts and k2. I'm sure all of you have seen an article here or heard a lecture there.. those drugs are serious. A lady reportedly ate her two year old child on bath salt. Another mans face was eaten off by a user on bath salts. Have you or anyone of the million pot heads ever entertained those thoughts after smoking a blunt? Fk no. Listen, if I have learned anything over the last 10+ years I've been smoking weed, its this. Life is a tad bit more enjoyable, at least in my opinion, food tastes just a little better, and doing your favorite things in life are a hell of a lot more interesting and fun. Lol.. as Katt Williams (the comedian) said himself.. the side affects are happy, hungry, tired, sleepy! Lol.. if you spent a couple of hours at an amusement park, the rest of your day you would be tired. The same with weed. You have a great time, and let me say, when you're finally comfortable being high in public , things you don't especially like, ( like shopping with a woman ) smoking a little here and there before you leave will make it a hell of a lot easier Lol.. idk if any of this helps but.. yeah.. there ya go.

10. No not at all. Peoples own minds are a gateway. Your mind is a giant drug pumping chemicals thru your body 24/7 never stopping. Its a persons own choice to do drugs, weed doesn't just open up a gateway to crime and hard drugs. Hell tthe first time I did unmentionables wasn't because of weed it was my own decision.

11. My gateway was RX drugs... Didn't start smokin but till a few years after that.

12. There is no such fuckin' thing, period.

There has never been a gateway, never will be a gateway...Because it does not fuckin' exist.

Now please...Stop propagating misinformation before we go backwards again.:cool:

13. I suppose its a gateway in the fact that you meet more people doing drugs. But its really up to the person as they decide what they want to take

14. It's not "naive" to think that someone would try a harder drug without smoking weed first. I have plenty of friends who first drank because they wanted to get fucked up. They smoked weed for the first time while they were really drunk because they wanted to get more fucked up. Then they started searching for unmentionables because they wanted to get even more fucked up. Along the same lines of what others have said, if nobody had ever mentioned or offerred weed to them, they would've just skipped that step in the ladder because their intention all along was to get twisted, not to have a new experience or enhance their life.