chlorine

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by dlpjr, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I read a lot of people use these fish tank drops to clear the chlorine out of tap water. I just got back from walmart, they have drops to clear the chlorine, but it says something about producing a slime coat. I didn't buy it what is the stuff called i need.

2. Dechlorinator doesnt actually remove chlorine and chloramines. It just detoxifies them so theyrenot directly toxic to fish. This likely doesnt apply to something a human would ingest. Use distilled or buy an RO

3. I have (3) 5 Gallon Buckets. Every 10 Days I change my water, before I do I fill up an 18 gallon tote with tap water and let an air stone sit in it for 24 hours. I then mix all my nutes in the large container so it's an easy switch over.

4. That's basically what i do, but it more the 25 gallons. I had an issue with the soluton the other day, and had to change the nutes out of sch. I didn't have any water ready, had to buy it at the store. Just heard of this fish tank stuff and thought i would like to have it around in case of an emergence.