3oz with powdery mildew, what do?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by TwistedPuppy, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's probably just gonna grow even more mold bro.
    Mold isn't soluble in water, all your doing to your weed is removing water solubles, soaking your nugs in water will make your weed smoother, but if it already has mold growing on it then I could only see your mold problem getting worse.

2. Lots of different methods & opinions.
    If you want to talk to a grower, here is the number for a great club here in California.
    Ask to soak to someone about your current grow, and some specific issues you are having. Don't get too specific until you get the right person... Matt is good. Ask them about what happens to the buds they receive having PM. Good luck!

South Bay Healing Center
    1-408-899-4676

3. A lot of misinformation here:

No one has addressed the OP. This is mildew. ITS NOT MOLD.
    \\
    Dealing with mildew and mold are very different. This forum has about 10 threads starting with a question about Powdery Mildew and ALL of the answers address mold. Can no one read English?

Mildew....answer the question about Mildew!

4. What the Fuck man are you talking about? "Water curing" thats like the definition of an oxymoron. When you have an idea like that...just let it go.
    No offence tho I had major mold issues on my first outdoor harvest and my first indoor harvest. Fucking heart breaking.  Until you experience it you have no idea how fast that damn mold will attack your fruits. I did the bad thing and picked and trimmed the mold off and smoked that shit...and I lived.  That is of no real relevance however as I smoke allot of things I probly shouldnt and I doubt my respiratory system is in mint conditon. I wouldn't recomend that at all...If it happened again I would make butane or iso hash.

5. What the Fuck man are you talking about? "Water curing" thats like the definition of an oxymoron. When you have an idea like that...just let it go.
    No offence tho I had major mold issues on my first outdoor harvest and my first indoor harvest. Fucking heart breaking.  Until you experience it you have no idea how fast that damn mold will attack your fruits. I did the bad thing and picked and trimmed the mold off and smoked that shit...and I lived.  That is of no real relevance however as I smoke allot of things I probly shouldnt and I doubt my respiratory system is in mint conditon. I wouldn't recomend that at all...If it happened again I would make butane or iso hash.

google 'water curing' sir

Throw that out, and fix the problem in your grow.  You can't safely remove it.   There's no reason to use moldy weed in anything, ever. 

8. #28 allantown, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    ITS NOT MOLD!

Its mildew.

The H2O2 bath works on powdery mildew. So does the oven method at 220 degrees for 20 minutes.

Powdery mildew is white. Mold is much darker. Mildew can be removed from most things, mold can not. Mildew becomes present in early stages of high humidity, low ventilation and regular periods of darkness . Mold will develop in later stages if nothing has been done to rectify the situation.

In a clothes washer mildew will occur within 4 hours after washer has finished running and clothes stay inside while wet (high humidity) and in darkness and poor ventilation.This mildew can be removed with a new wash cycle and baking soda added (H2O2 bath). Dark Mold will eventually develop in the same washing machine of clothes after 36 hours of wet clothes (high humidity), periods of darkness and poor ventilation. This mold cannot be removed from clothes even after a new wash cycle (H2O2 bath) and high heat (Very Hot water) has been performed.  

9. i didnt read through everyones posts so i dn if anyone said it yet but either do BHO or QWISO they will both kill the mold and you will get all the good stuff. u will have a fat ass stash of hash atleast, this is your only option trust me. if ur trying to sell it and ur worried about if people will want it im sure they will, just give free samples and let people try it if there skeptic. obviously dont say its cuz it molded tho. if its just for head stash then u dont have anything to worry about buddy ur still gonna get all the good stuff and who dosnt want a shit load of BHO and/or QWISO.

Discussion of dealing is not allowed here. Please read the rules. - Stylez

10. You sound like the shady ass dealers that I left behind when I started to grow and got my club card.  Hate people who pass off mildew/moldy bud and say it's normal or some bullshit.

11. Hey Twisted....just curious what you finally did. Certainly an interesting array of opinions and solutions to your problems.
    H

You're a fucking moron, sorry but people like you make me fucking furious. Dont make erll with mildewy or especially moldy buds! the only way to do that would be to filter your solution through a  0.1micron syringe filter to filter out mold spores/bacteria etc.

I can see now why this forum is dying :cry:

Name-calling doesn't fly here. If you think someone is spreading misinformation, report their post. - Stylez

13. Can it be made in to any type of edible? Pro longed exposure to heat doesnt kill mildew or mold? Ive never grown bud that has molded before I know you DEFINETLY dont wanna smoke it, so its basically useless?

14. READ MOTHAFUCKA

15. #36 Golden Lungs, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013

butane or iso would kill all the mold, the forum is dying because of know it all's like you that bitch at people for nothing. the kid obviously isnt going to throw the bud in the trash. google this question and you will find the same info. u really think anything that harmfull is going to be left in it after running butane through it or iso?? unless u have aids or a serious immune system deficincy i wouldnt worry about it.... people will smoke bud passed through 10 diffrent people across they county but cry about hash made from moldy bud? those solvents only extract the things we want anyways. its going to kill all the mold on the bud, but that mold is not going to make it into the finished product anyways. if u really want to get picky break it all up and decarb it that will be even safer.

16. You're fucking ridiculous its not even about 'killing' mold, mildew isnt mold anyway. polar and non-polar solvents will definitely pick up bacterial cysts, mold spores, mildew etc. and in order to remove those, you would have to dissolve into a secondary solvent like ethanol and filter through a 0.1micron syringe filter.

I'm no scientist but I'm not a dumbass either, I know enough to know that you're full of shit and should stop giving people shitty info.

You're gonna call me the bad guy for educating people about making healthy meds?

Go blow yourself up blasting in your kitchen :wave:

17. There is a ton of disrespect in this thread. If you think ignorance is making The City a lesser forum, disrespect only compounds the issue. There's a way to teach, and cursing at people is not it.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.