Is this worth it? 450W LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GrowMassGrass, Feb 5, 2013.

1. #2 TooFastForYou, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    450 watts is 450 watts. The power draw will be the same wether it be a led or hps, you would be surprised about how much heat a 450w led puts out. Have you thought about a 250w hps system?
    Lets say 250w hps and a exhaust fan and intake fan your right around 400watts

2. I would be willing to bet money that light doesnt come close to 400 watts

3. Also what are trying to accomplish? How many plants?

4. #5 GrowMassGrass, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    After looking around i realized i dont want this light lol. The output might be 300 at the max, but the input is lower for led. Also, i have thought about a 250 watt hps but im growing in a homemade cab, 4x2x4. I have 1 intake fan, 2 exhaust fans, and 2 fans blowing in the cab. And even when its only 65 out it was runnin 88+ using 2 55 watt cfls, 3 26 watt cfls and a 32 watt cfl. I only know the cfm of my intake fan, which is the biggest in the cab and thats 68. Im lookin to do 3 at the most but probably will only do 2 and have my cheapo led panel runnin clones.

Also, im 19, live in my own place, but have 2 kids, and the closet that the cab is in is right next to the main bathroom, which has very thin walls. So noise needs to be fairly stealthy, so running a 6 inch fan isnt really ideal for me. But i do know how much leds put out and im pretty confident i can control it at ease.

5. That 6 inch fan noise may be able to be solved with a speed controller right around $25

6. Well if you don't want HID and you don't want LED. Then you must want T5's. T5's are both efficient, compact, cheap, and produce very little heat. Then if you still want a little more luminosity throw in a couple of CFl's and a fan and you will be able to grow 'mass'ive grass.:)

7. [quote name='"duckfest"']Well if you don't want HID and you don't want LED. Then you must want T5's. T5's are both efficient, compact, cheap, and produce very little heat. Then if you still want a little more luminosity throw in a couple of CFl's and a fan and you will be able to grow 'mass'ive grass.:)[/quote]

I want LED just not that one lol. Anyone have suggestions on a good panel for 250 max.

8. GroMass those guys are on buyer beware alert ..been warned off by serveral posters here

9. It appears that way my only thought would be that its a typo someone forgot to add a 0 behind the 25

10. Maybe...... Its so hard to choose a light on such a low budget :(

11. I still recommend a 250W hps

12. [quote name='"TooFastForYou"']I still recommend a 250W hps[/quote]

But im pretty sure i wont be able to control the heat, especially once summer hits.... I also only.have a 4 foot cab, light needs to be a foot away, pots are 8 inches. That leaves 28 inches of vertical grow space.

13. Now I have to say CFL!!

14. [quote name='"TooFastForYou"']

Now I have to say CFL!![/quote]

Im going cfl now. 3- 26, 1- 32 and 2- 55 for 220 watts and im just able to keep the heat at 82 with 2 exhaust fans 1 intake and 2 fans blowing on lights and plants, which ia why im sure i cant handle HPS

15. I have the small 25w supergrowleds.   Very nice. Replaced my T5 and never looked back.  Not as powerful as same watt HPS (obviously) but way more efficient.  Easily obtainable 1g per W ratio.