Car Tint

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by quedlife, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I live in Wisconsin and the fucking limit is 50% front and 35% in back. Sooo lame. Cops are just nosy here.

2. fuck tint, i let them see me.

look at me, see if i give a fuck

i like to be able to see out my windows with zero visual disturbance.

15% windshield? The fuck. 

Awful idea. Limo is 5% , 2% is pitch black and any tint on the windshield is illegal unless it is on the outline of the window

Honestly I would go with the legal limit, or maybe 5% darker. Anytime you go darker than the legal you risk getting a ticket. Some cops care, others don't. I've never heard of anybody having their tint keyed off for being too dark like some blades have said.

I had 20% on my driver, passenger and back seat windows, and then 10% on the back window. It was hard as FUCK to see out of the back window at nighttime.. so keep that in mind if you don't have a backup cam. If you are going to be riding dirty I would not in any circumstance go below the legal tint limit. Whoever said that no tint/factory tint is least suspicious is 100% correct. But if you do want privacy or to keep your seats from baking in the summer time then tinting is great.

In my state it goes like this
    [​IMG]

Before 2004 there was no limit. 50% on the driver and passenger windows is ridiculous imo. You would probably be okay with 35%-40% .. okay as in not hassled by the cops.And seriously I can't stress enough ,even though it says any tint possible on the back I really wouldn't go super dark.. visibility is seriously difficult at nighttime.

Going to get my new car tinted in the next couple weeks..

4. How bout 35% front 20% back? I think that would look nice. and not too dark, not too light. 

Those are the limits in my state. 

5. I think I had 15% on the rear glass, 30% on fronts, but I also drove a Town car. I could limo it out if I wanted, and no one would give it a second look. :cool:

6. I live in Mi and the laws here say you can only tint the top 4" of your drivers and passenger windows. Literally if you go within the laws here your ride is gonna look pretty ugly and it's not really helpfully for cooling your car down on summer days. that being said, a lot of cars here have the front windows tinted and I have never seen one that actually has only the top 4" tinted. I have mine tinted and have yet to be harassed by the cops (knock on wood) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Go get a prescription for tint from a doc that says you are sensitive to light and keep it in your glovebox. This way you can't get ticketed for having dark tint(I recommend 5%, go big or go home).

8. 20 is the magic number for tint. I used to have 5% on all windows (except windshield) and it was nice during the day but at night, holy crap haha. It is wise to check your states legal limit because some states are more strict than others.

9. This is the level I did and I love it.  It is still hard to see out of at night, but I still think it is the perfect level if your state laws are close enough to these percentages..

10. Yep this is what I am planning to do with my car this summer.

I recently purchased a vehicle and it has 50% all around..

At first I really had no idea the windows were tinted at all.

I really don't like the idea of the back being darker than the front, but I have a friend who has the 35% front 20% back tint and it looks pretty close to the same tint level to me. It looks good.