Car Tint

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by quedlife, Feb 5, 2013.

1. looking to get my car tinted darker. im trying to decide if i want 10 or 15 percent. which percent would be able to see in but still is dark enough where you cant see the person. thanks blades

2. 30%

3. Look up your State's tinting laws.

4. Definitely agree with fluffykush, but depends on how many windows you have and the type of tint honestly

5. My buddys got a outback with 20% all the way around to where you can see in and make out the outline of the person

6. Yeah, check your laws, I've heard stories of people getting pulled over and having to scrape the tint off if it's too dark.

7. Make sure you can even do 15%. Its going too suck getting them tinted if they make you redo the windows

8. got presidential tint on my car all around blacker then black windows cops dont seem to care as much

• Like Like x 2
  9. On a scale of Nikki Minaj to Akon I'd say 30%

• Like Like x 1
  10. In California? The fuck? Do you live in the desert or some shit? You're not even supposed to have front windows tinted in California period.

11. my friends got two percent front and back windows and has never had an issue

12. Pretty sure 20 is the legal limit. The darker you go, the more your limiting the light in the vehicle, and your view at night. Too dark and you won't be able to see shit at night.

I like 20.

13. ended up getting 15 on the back windows and 20 on the front. i like the back ones so i might just have them do 15 all around

14. Thats stupid. do you realize that means it allows 2% light to enter. limo is 5% and that is hard as hell to see out of. 20% is very dark and still illegal on the front two windows but some cops will let it slide. dont go pay to have your windows tinted and have a cop pull you over and key your tint, they will do it. I used to tint windows. check your laws.

15. Ive got a single cab truck with the door windows at 15 and the back glass probably 10 or so. I think its perfect. I want to get the UV stuff on the windshield though. You cant tell its "tinted" but it blocks a shit ton of intensity. Still illegal but theres no way someone will know its there.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. nice truck

17. I'm getting 20%:)

18. #18 Terence Mckenna, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    30% in the front and 35% in the back.

35% rear window and 15% windshield.

Illegal, yes. Pulled over? No.

I had a cop tell me that the tint laws existed because in the event they ever have to smash your windshield to remove you from the vehicle the tint makes it harder for the glass to separate...

So how does lighter tint make that easier? Tint is tint...

Attached Files:

19. "I had a cop tell me that the tint laws existed because in the event they ever have to smash your windshield to remove you from the vehicle the tint makes it harder for the glass to separate..."

This is simply not true. Being around the collision repair scene long enough, I can tell you that tint is hardly a factor when it comes to 'removing' glass to extract somebody. Windshields are already HEAVILY layered to prevent glass shards and to keep it intact in an accident, a little layer of tint won't do shit at that point lol.

I think the law has something to do with visibility and safety. Not sure though, just speculating.

• Like Like x 1
  20. im pretty sure its because they want to be able to see what you are doing. Its a lot more dangerous for the cop coming up and knocking on a completely black window not being able to see if you are ,for exaple, holding a gun up to the window.

• Like Like x 1