400, 600, or 1000w hps/mh which is best for my set up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KRUNK, Feb 4, 2013.

1. thanks alot bro. and do you think i should use my 90w led ufo light too?? appreciate everything

2. I think the 90 watt would make a descent mother plant / clone light for a separate area

3. how and when do ido a mother plant/clone

4. Honestly, Id start with it so you can turn your 1 seed into 4 plants. If you grow from clone it will go faster. In the actual grow. You could grow your mother plant fast if you do this by using a 600 watt on 50% in a smaller space like a closet

So for example, my setup is built from those links i put in the higher up post. The clone bucket I used to germinate my seeds.

Let me explain. I read about a good way to germ seeds online. You get an aquarium heater (mine was like 20 off of amazon) put it to 76f (id have to double-check temp) and put it in water in the bucket. Then inside a sandwich size Tupperware container you have two antibacterial sponges (new) you get the sponges wet bot not dripping and put them in the sandwich Tupperware , with the seeds between. The sponges keep the seeds wet while keeping the water inside the sponge so the seed can get the air it needs. It's claimed to be a 12 year tested 100% germ rate.. Popped all 3 of my pineapple express'
    It's basically like a seed incubator keeping the moisture and temp that they need, guaranteed. Doesnt have to be made with the bucket like i did, you could use anything that will fit your aquarium heater and Tupperware and enough water.

So I took that germinated seed. Planted it in some promix in a 16oz party cup , grew it out (unfortunately due to my own stupidity 2 died / didn't pop) So that grew out and now i can cut the growing tips (at the end of the branches) off. (read up on how to clone) then put them in the cloning bucket that i linked above. They will grow roots after about 2 weeks and i can drop right into the net pots with the hydrogen in my DIY bubble buckets, that are also linked above, all credit goes to Rumple.. without his DIY's I wouldn't be about to start a grow.

5. #25 WillGroElite420, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    You could even just start a grow and before flipping to flower cut the cloneing tips off the plant, let them grow back and recover and flower them. Then switch to a clone set up and perhaps hydro on your second grow

all the while making a mother plants with the clones, so i guess you would be switching to cloneing half way through the first.

6. cool thanks alot. you on any new projects?

7. You decide strains and where you are going to source them? I like to grow a bit of everything. I like saltivas for daytime and indicas for night. I growing some MK Ultra right now and it is a beautiful plant. It is easy for beginners and produces high grade buds.

8. nice any pics? im going to go with super lemon haze pineapple express white widow and chocolope an maybe one more anyone wanna pick..lol

9. I got a MK Ultra seed I got as a freebie last year and might try that this summer.

10. #30 Tyrell, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    yo man i dont know if anyone suggested this but go with the 1000 watt dimmable/ switchable ballast... yes 1000 watts is to much heat for your tent BUT you can turn them down to 700 im sure... just make sure you get a good inline fan... an 8 or 10 inch and no more worries :) .. also if your new to growing i suggest yu start with that autoflower.. i learned a lot about growing just by doing the auto's there simple and youi learn alot of the basics just doing them.. light schedule, water/feed schedule, all the ins and outs that you will learn the hardway will cause you to herm those photo's also set your tent and everything up anbd do a dry run and that will let you know your min and max temps if you get a hygrometer with min/max on it.. trust me.. lots of variable to control inside... dont let this scare you its easy... its just new. Took me about 2-3 weeks to get in the groove of things and get it flowing right, but let me tell you when you feed your plants and you walk in there a few hours later and those babies are stretched to the max soaking up all that light your given em.. i swear i felt like a new dad all over again.. Pm if you have any questions bro :smoking: :smoking: :hello:

11. I still say 600 watts is all you need in that space, 9,444 lumens per square foot is more than enough. Kicking it up another 150 watts seems like not enough to justify buying a 1,000 watt , having do deal with higher start up cost and more heat. but thats just my $0.02

12. I exhaust mine out my ceiling and out the attic. It works great and I have good control over the temp. The room is cooled by the house ac but I never lower temp for the grow room only to keep house comfortable.