Official Creepy Stories Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DDV, Feb 3, 2013.

1. #1 DDV, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    Here you can share any creepy stories you may have, or any you've been told my friends or loved ones. I'll start off with mine.

This is a 100% true story. It may seem fake, but I assure you it's true. This happened quite some time ago so it's possible I've mistaken a few details here and there. But nonetheless, it is true, and I hope you enjoy it.

----

When I was a little boy, my family and I used to live in a big apartment building. It was three stories tall, and was located in the heart of the Los Angeles Valley. I lived here every since I can remember, we lived on the second floor.. apartment 201. The apartment building had probably 100 or so apartments, a playground, a laundry room, a lobby, and a soda machine.

Often times when I would get home from school I would hang out with my friend Kaylee, she lived on the first floor; apartment 105. Kaylee was dark-skinned, with really curly black hair, and was rather chubby. She always had a soft smile on her face and her voice was soothing, like silk. Kaylee and I would always play around the playground, run around the staircases, explore the roof, and so on. Kaylee's mom was also good friends with my mom and they visited each other often. Well one afternoon after coming home from school, I went to go knock on her door. Her mom answered, which was odd because usually Kaylee answers. She said Kaylee isn't home and that she must be out playing with her other friends. I nodded and thanked her and went to go search for her. I looked everywhere.. the roof, the playground, the laundry room, but I couldn't find her. Eventually I just gave up because it was getting dark and I had to go home soon anyway. I had no clue where she was, that is.. until later that night.

It must have been three in the morning. I heard a knock on my window (my bedroom window is right next to a hallway outside), and I rubbed my eyes trying to figure out what's happening and I got up to see who was knocking. It was Kaylee. I opened my window and asked her why she was here so late, she said she wanted to show me something. Now me and her were best friends.. I had no doubt that she whatever she wanted to show me was serious. So I put on my shoes and a sweater and jumped out of the window into the hallway and I asked her what she wanted to show me. As a little boy of maybe 10 years, naturally I was quite curious. She stayed quiet and instead motioned for me to follow her, and that I did.

We ran down the stairs, onto the first floor, across the building until we reached the playground. It was dark, nothing but a few lamps illuminated the surroundings. I was a bit scared, but I was with Kaylee, I shouldn't have anything to worry about. She led me down the small path from the playground into hall leading to the laundry room. At this point, she was running too fast and I lost her. It was like she disappeared as soon as I ran down the hall of the laundry room. I could have gone in the laundry room but it was locked at this time of night. There was a small set of stairs next to the laundry room that led to a gate that led to the front of the building and ultimately to the main street, but I checked there and she wasn't there. The gate made a loud noise when you opened it so I had to have heard it if she went that way. I was confused.. and after a few minutes of looking I gave up. It was too dark and I was beginning to get scared so I just headed home.

When I got there I saw that the lights of my apartment were on, and my mother was waiting for me with a stern look on her face. She asked me what I was doing out so late and I told her and she didn't believe me, she checked the hallways (I'm guessing she thought a stranger was trying to take me) but she found nothing and after a couple minutes of yelling at me she told me to go to sleep, so I did.

Early the next morning I woke up to find my mom, my dad, my sister and my brother all with very blank faces. I didn't know why, so I asked my sister. She told me that that morning, my mom went to go visit Kaylee's mom and she told her something that made my stomach turn when I heard it. The day before, Kaylee had gone out to play with some of her other friends and hadn't come back. Her mom was worried so she went out to look for her but she couldn't find her. She kept looking and asking neighbors until she realized she hadn't looked in the laundry room, as it was locked. By the time she got a hold of the manager it was early morning, but she got the room unlocked and she looked and look until finally she found her, her body was twisted up and disfigured, in a washing machine. The friend she was playing with had dared her to go in and she did so.. and somehow the machine turned on, or her friend turned it on, and Kaylee started to scream and her friend got scared and ran. She was afraid of telling anyone for fear of getting in trouble.

I never went out to play after that. A few weeks later, I went to go spend the summer at my grandparent's house in another country. When I came back, I was told we no longer live there anymore. And from that point on I've never been back there again.. and I'm not sure that I want to..

2. Feel free to share your stories if you have any folks.. :smoke:

3. Damn thats pretty scary. I myself have not had any scary things happen to me in reality and I am not to good at making stories, but I when I was younger I had a recurring scary dream. I believe that at one point a ghost was just trying to connect with me.

The dream started out me laying in bed in the actual house I was in getting dragged down the stairs by an invisible figure. When I got into the basement I found my Grandma which I never met (only saw in pictures; she died before I was born) showing me into my utility room. In the utility room I was surrounded by ghosts. I would then wake up and run in my moms room lol. That dream showed on more then 10 different occasions until I moved into a new house.

From what I can figure out now is that my Grandma is my spirit guide and that house was filled with ghosts.

4. I was at a state park walking in the woods with my dog when out of no where this sickly looking white dude appears and just stares at me while I'm throwing sticks for the dog. The dude starts walking up all slow and my dog starts to flip his shit and is growling and running circles around the guy-the dog was a German Shepherd but was generally very chill and nice to people. I'm yelling at the dog seriously thinking he's about to tear this guy up and get him sitting at my side and I'm holding the collar and this guy walks up to us and I'm feeling pretty creeped out because this dude is some skinny pale dude that's got this look in his eye that is just totally off and the guy says: "I lost my stuff in the bushes over there (pointing to some shrubs by a creek), could you send your dog in there to find it..." I just said: "that ain't happening pal." and turned to walk away-creeped me the fuck out.

5. My story is obviously fake but still

Attached Files:

6. Nuts! The.washing machine killed.her?

7. Think I was about 7 at the time. I lived in an apartment complex where the two buildings would face each other. My friend and I lived in different buildings but in units that were opposite of another. Except his unit was 6 stories above mine and had a balcony.

Well one morning I sat at my dad's desk to give my friend a call. There is a window in that room which has a view of their balcony. And so as I talk to my friend and look out the window, I see one of their cats on their balcony. The cat kind of prances around their balcony shrubs and the next thing I know, the cat falls off the balcony and plunges down.

I tell my friend I'm coming over right away without any real explanation. I walk by the area where I thought the cat might have landed and nothing is there. And when I went up to his apartment, sure enough, all his cats were there.

8. It did. I guess when it turned on it crushed her and broke a bunch of bones and whatnot. I'm glad i never got to see that.

Really digging the stories.. keep em coming!

9. I was going down a local road a one way on A snowy day and then I saw a bright light so my i initial reaction is "o fuck there's a car coming" so I quickly pull over to the side and just few seconds later a homeless dude on a bike passes me, so I then head on and that dudes following me so I rev the gas and I'm off. Homeless dude looked like a serial killer scary as fuck

10. Homeless guy with an incredibly bright light?

11. He has one of those fog lights

12. #12 A AnoesisOrange, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    I have a story. Some of it is explained, some of it still isn't.

I live in a town that use to be well known for its extreme racism. Thankfully that has cleared out since the development of the area. To give you an idea of what it use to be and how long it lasted, the KKK had its last public march here, when I was born in 1989. Oprah came down to fight it. I think she did some good since this place is very different from what it was when I came here in 1992. I am from the city of Cumming, Georgia.

Back in the 1850's, two black males were accused (falsely, I assume) of raping and murdering a white girl. They were hung from a large oak tree near town which is still well-known today for all the lynchings that occurred on it. There is now a road that goes by this tree.

When I first started driving I heard stories of what is called Booger Hill. This is the part of the road bypassing the old oak tree. If you sit at the top of the hill (where the oak tree is), turn off your lights, and put the car in neutral, you roll down the hill. Once at the bottom, something very odd happens. You begin hearing ghoulish sounds and your car rolls back up the hill. The ghosts of the two men hanged push you back up in order to keep you out. If you are pushed back passed the oak tree, you are doomed to die on your way back home.

My friends and I called malarkey and decide to test it out for ourselves. Before we go, we get a tip to put flour on the hood of the car. If done, you can see the hand prints of the men pushing you back up the hill.

We go. At the top of the hill, we throw some flour on the hood, turn off the lights, and throw her in neutral. We roll down to the bottom of the hill. We are paused there for a minute, before you know it we start hearing these low moaning sounds. They sound full of pain and foreboding. Very clearly, we all hear a ghastly, "Get out!" Then, the car starts rolling back up the hill! It takes a good two minutes til we are stopped again, back at the top of the hill. I step out and look at the hood. Sure enough, there are hand prints all over the hood. We go home, all scared little sissies.

Later, we find out why we rolled back up the hill. It is what's called a magnetic, or gravity, hill. An optical illusion where a down hill looks like it is up hill.

Gravity hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We still can't explain the ghoulish moaning and warnings we heard, or the distinct hand prints on the hood of my car.

13. When i was like 5, every day/night whenever i would hear a hand slapping on my window and see someones palm and then their fucked up head would appear and say "shhh...dont tell" and i was scared so i got one of those pellet guns ( we had like 10) and jumped on the roof which is completely inaccessable from the ground, and up there i found scraps of clothing but i never found the guy, i was scared as shit, i slept with the gun by my side, he hadnt come back until i was 7 in broad daylight and said " thanks kid" before leaving forever, never saw him again, his face was fucked up beyond belief, like seriously it was like someone put his head in a blender, no real human would be able to survive it, and that, scared the shit out of me

14. omg... that's not creepy. that's devastating!

15. Which story?

16. What the fuuuuuuuhk.

17. the op's story :(

18. Dude when I was a kid I had nightmares about shit exactly like that, they used to fucking terrify me.

19. in my city (el pasoTX) theres this story bout a school bus that supposably was picking up kids in the morning for school and its route passed through some railroad tracks and one morning the bus got stuck the driver kept trying to get the bus out of there whe all the sudden they hear the train and they well they died there and people say that if u put flour on your car and put ur car in the railroad tracks that you start seeing little hands on the windows and the hood and only 1 pair of big hands (the driver im guessing) and it pushes the car out of the tracks