Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I keep fucking up cannacaps

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Roflspammer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I have tried to make cannacaps on 3 different occasions and they all failed. They either didn't produce an effect, or a very small effect. I want links to fool proof fail proof idiot proof tutorials. I tried BadKats and I failed. I tried a crock pot and failed. I used vaped and unvaped bud and failed failed failed.

I want a strong super potent cerebral canncap. My first question, do I have to decarb? I decarbed once and I just got a small body high. I feel like decarbing just leaves behind the body high.

My second question is: Am I supposed to put water in the crock pot when using it to cook the coconut oil/weed concoction? The one time I used the crock pot, I didn't put water in it, and I just relied on the air to heat it. I believe this is the reason this attempt failed. The oil did turn green though so *shrug*

Final question: What type of bud should I use, and how much? The first time I did a small amount of caps with ABV, the second time I used goods, but only a gram and a half. The last time I used goods and used a whole fucking quarter and fucked it up.

Should I use mids, and how many more grams of mids vs good?

Thanks guise

2. Want to know what I think? Edibles are to be made with mass quantities of material. I've been recently experimenting with making caps, and most recently citric acid, the last one was so powerful, it knocked me out for hours... But,,, I still didn't get that serious high that I'll get when I visit my buddy who is into production, and just has massive amounts to work with..

Go figure..

3. Damn. I have all this coconut oil still. Was your batch worth it though, and could you link me to your guide, or give me a step by step?

4. I'm a beginner... SWIM followed this recipe for the caps, and the citric acid recipe on this page for his latest.

Was it worth it? Well, SWIM burned through an oz and a half so far during his learning curve... The first was from a Y.T. vid that said to just double boil honey and canna for several hours, strain and serve! I liked that one, but it was not as strong as it could/should have been... Personally, SWIM would like to find a way to perfect that concept.

Considering a foaf started with no knowledge, or experience, I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

5. If you're looking to make honey, you need to make an alcohol extraction first. Honey does not extract thc very well but is a good carrier and very bioavailable. Here's how to do it. The whole thread in in my signature. The honey is great.:yummy:

6. All I want to do is make a personal supply of canna caps with an eighth of good bud or a half o of mids. But from what I am hearing, this is not possible :/

7. First, swim isn't used here, and 2nd, you gave yourself up with the I. and yeah, to answer OP, you have to use mass quantities to obtain any decent results

8. It is quite possible. Follow Sam's tutorial in his signature to make Green Dragon (can be made with any quantity of weed) then transfer it to coconut oil for the caps. Sounds like your not making it potent enough.

This is not true.

9. Agreed.

As long as the ratios remain accurate, the overall quantity doesn't matter.

10. I can appreciate SWIM's efforts without breaking any laws... :p