astral projection

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by EL GATO NEGRO, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I'm currently trying to astral project every night for a good while but I feel that I'm so close but still can't get to that point any tips?

2. im on the fence about this...

3. I wanna try this idk how to but

4. Why is this in the science section?

Rename the thread to "lucid dreaming" which is the correct term and it will be science.

5. wait what? you can project yourself into singapore? isn't that like time traveling

6. Indeed, I asked the same question. I figure the OP is a poe.

7. You should Google lucid dreaming. Its a real thing and if the thing that is often confused as "astral projection"

8. They say astral and lucid are two totally different things one is your dreaming and know your awake and the other a out of body experience?

9. "Out if body experience" - a very realistic dream where you "feel" like your are somewhere else.

You are not actually outside your body. Its just a vivid dream.

"Astral projection" as people think of it is complete fantacy

10. I don't think so many people could be wrong about this subject because even with simple meditation your body has a strange sensation so Idk

11. They are not "wrong" persay

dreams can feel very real. Some of these people really believe they are leaving their bodies. They are not.

If astral projection were real the implications wwould be huge. And we wouldn't need the nsa (we don't anyway but this isn't politics thread)

12. So, you feel a "strange" feeling when you meditate, therefore your mind is floating outside of your body somewhere? People have strange sensations all of the time, that doesn't mean anything supernatural is occurring. When people take certain kinds of drugs they have religious experiences, but I doubt they're actually experiencing something to do with a god.

13. #14 seculardave, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Can I ask for some other opinions on this. It's mildly related to this thread since it happened on this thread, I'm sure my post will be moved if necessary. I received a warning from a mod for "discussing drugs other than marijuana".

If you ask me it appears that I've been unfairly targeted by a mod who seeks to misapply forum rules, but I may have a bias. How have I discussed other drugs having merely made a flippant remark? I think the nature of my comment was quite clear and was not intended as a discussion point. Not to mention that there are many examples of substances other than marijuana being "mentioned", I'm sure without resulting in a warning. Although, given that this mod clearly finds English grammar challenging I'm not at all that surprised that he would be confused as to the nature of a discussion.

Are there any other mods who can offer insight please?

14. no i didn't mean it in that way im just saying with simple meditation you can make your body feel different more relax quiet sometimes it even feels like your weightless idk i cant explain it that much if you don't meditate? but im saying if you could do that with out taking any drugs or even marijuana why would astral projection be so crazy

15. Ah fair enough.

The fact that you can intentionally bring about strange feelings without the use of drugs does not mean that you are capable of violating the laws of physics (assuming that's he kind of astral projection you're talking about). I see no reason to posit astral projection as an explanation for people's strange feelings.

16. Why is this thread still going

17. Sorry, I'll stop responding.

18. Because "astral projection" implies your consciousness is leaving your body when in reality you are having an "out of body "experience"" meaning you feel like your out of body but you definatly are not.

That's why its called "lucid dreaming' by science.

If you could indeed astral project the government wouldn't have an nsa. They'd have a league of extraordinary gentlemen