info on how to read purple trichomes for harvest????

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Woodlock420, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Im lead to believe the trichromes appear to be purple but are actually translucent and because of ambient lighting and how close the microscope is, you're seeing the purple calyx reflect through the trichrome.

I only say this because I have more experience with photography and lighting than I do cultivation....that and 45 days is about the time frame for trichromes to be clear.

2. I would totally agree . Except the most purple trichomes are on green leaf matter . The picture in my avatar for example. I've also looked under floro, hps , MH, and sunlight . They all stay the same purple hahaha

3. I've seen people post some seriously colored trichs. The blue ones that were more recent were insane. Not sure how to tell them from clear/cloudy/amber stage.

If they are very clear purple maybe they will start to cloud up the same way?

4. They do look like a clear purple real vibrant . I'm scoping everyday for changes mentally taking notes for future harvest .
    Now to go find pcs of blue trics

5. They will cloud, and amber just the same.
    Look really pretty at 100% cloudy.

6. Thanks for your reply .. I'm seeing that now they are starting to cloud up with a week left to harvest