LSV Questions and Answers & General Info.....

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lwien, Jan 27, 2013.

1. I have! They do not work with the tranfer wands, as transfer wands narrow after the ground glass part, and don't leave room to insert the ELB completely.

I took my shorty transfer attached to an 18mm extender (18 male to 18 female) so I could fit the ELB inside the extender. This worked well, but it increases drag to an undesireable amount. Its great because you can't spill, but I didn't find it was as functional.

Used in an 18mm WPA it fits fine, but still doesn't work as well as normal. No idea why. Its advantage in my mind is the ability to pre-pack without spilling.

I hope you don't mind if I answer, as I've owned LSV and SSV, and used DBV at least over 100 times now.

All three of them reach the exact same temp (in terms of vaporizing) both min and max. Their heating elements are identical. The LSV is smaller though, so it does get hotter to hold than both the DBV and SSV. I'm personally very aware this, because I use both DBV and SSV as handheld vapes (I'm no fan of whips), so I'm very used to holding them all.

The LSV does not get uncomfortable simply when turned up to a high setting. Even at the highest setting I use it at (3 or 4), its very comfortable to use for at least 30min. If I leave it at extremely high for more than 30min, its a little uncomfortable and I have to turn it back to starting temperature. Keep in mind I can keep it at low to medium temperatures almost indefinitely.

The above will be worse and happen quicker if you leave your LSV on cloth-like surfaces that will block the ventilation. In a stand its very difficult for the LSV to get too hot. If you're a fan of low temps I don't see you ever having the LSV become uncomfortable.

2. So basically the same. I've held my DBV when it was at full blast and it was damn hot! Not too hot that you'd drop it, but it's impressive how hot it can make that aluminum warm. It had to heat up the ceramic element itself, get passed the glass heater, and get to the aluminum which itself is usually cold at room temperature! I'm guessing the LSV is similar, yet might get a tad hotter simply because the aluminum is closer to the element. Although I'll be willing to bet the swiss cheese design of it really helps dissipate the heat :D

3. My eq is like that if i turn it up all the way the sides get pretty damn warm but not uncomfortable

4. lwien, could you post the heater positioning tips from 7th floor you received? I know you've posted it elsewhere with a great picture, but since we're making this the LSV thread...

5. That thing works. I've done it twice now to my LSV just to tune it up. Mine drops slightly after a few weeks.

6. When I insert the transfer wand, it shakes around a bit. My first thought is to adjust the heater cover, any other ideas?

7. As in the transfer wand shakes around *within* the joint? Or the transfer wand + heating cover shake around the LSV body. If its the latter, Id push your heating cover down gently but with purpose to be sure its slid on entirely. Assuming you've followed all other instructions, is the cap on? It'll shake slightly without it on.

If its the former, your glass joint isn't airtight but I have a feeling that isn't what you meant.

8. That's what I thought at first, it was the transfer wand inside the heat cover. But it is the heat cover. When I first got it , it sat naturally in the middle and now it is tilted pretty far downward. So I'm guessing its the heat cover in which case I will adjust it with a small amount of force and precision.

9. I'm guessing you could sand the transfer wand somehow or get a custom transfer wand made... which would be sick. When you used the ELB did you put the top cap on? Because it seems like you wouldn't need it since the airflow is coming from the other direction. That would make it easier to stir. That's why I asked about it. It just seems a lot easier and the heating element gets closer to the herb so it could probably be used at lower temp and it would result in a shorter heat up time... which is pretty short anyway haha.

10. Hmm I think you might be envisioning the setup wrong.

1. Sanding would do nothing. It narrows *after* the joint, as in closer to the mouthpiece. You need it longer, so there's nothing to be done. A custom transfer would work, but why bother? An adapter works as well if not better, and is wayyy cheaper.

2. The cap is the entire point. The airflow is NOT coming from the other direction. Its coming from the direction of the cap. The ONLY reason to use the ELB is because normally the bowl in the LSV can spill into the screen closer to the heating cover. The ELB cap prevents this. The cap also isn't what's restricting it. The bottom extends long enough it gets blocked in the transfer wand. Again though, an adapter fixes this easily.

3. The heating element does not get closer to the herb. I'm not sure how you're picturing it but its the exact same distance, in fact it might be very slightly further due to the ELB being longer. I actually found it required a higher heat, and didn't vape quite as evenly.

---

The only reason to use the ELB in the LSV is to reduce spilling in the transfer wand, or to prepack bowls. Essentially the only useful part about the ELB is the fact it has a cap.

11. #32 eddiezheadiez, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    Yea I was thinking about it completely differently. If you put the ELB on a male joint adapter connected to a water pipe or on an oil rig, and then put the transfer wand over it, I think that would work well. I'm gonna order some ELB'S and try it.

Also, if you have a joint that's at a 90 angle it can be used hands free I'm assuming, and you can leave the cap on.

When I say transfer wand I mean the glass surrounding the heating element. Not really sure what the correct name is.

12. Oh, yeah ok that's why you're confused. The transfer wand is NOT the heating cover. That's the heating cover. The transfer wand is the dry attachment that comes with the LSV. You mixed your terms up.

So hold up, do NOT order ELBs. You're still confused I think.

If you got a double 18mm adapter, you could fit a ELB on it. It wouldn't do anything though. I understand what you're saying, but why use the ELB?

I do exactly what you're talking about but I o nly use an 18mm adapter. This works WAY better than the ELB, and is the same thing. Just fit a regular screen into the 18mm adapter same as you would a Buddha/Surfer bowl. All three are 18mm.

Do not get the ELB for the setup you want. It would make the setup worse. You can do the same thing but better with just a regular screen in there. Make sense?

13. NOT a noob here LOL. I said in the previous post that I didn't know the correct name of it. I feel like you're talking to me like I'm 12. :p No offense tho man not tryna flame you or anything haha.

Anyway, I realized that I don't even need to order ELB's because my buddy has some extras. I've tried the method you stated above and didn't get great results. I think the water pipe adapter that comes with the LSV works 10x better. I want to use the ELB to avoid having plant matter slip thru the LSV screen. But I don't see how the Elb wouldn't make a difference. I mean there can't be no difference between loose weed in an adapter with a screen and a packed elb. Also I want to loose the adapter and just put it on my rig that has a male joint. Do you use the LSV dry or with a bong or bubbler of some sort?

14. ^^ I never have issues with the plant matter going through the screen and I grind fairly fine in a 2pc Space Case. Oh, there may be a grain or two, but no big deal and I just use the shorty WPA virgin.

15. After a lot of use it builds up in my bong whereas the elb leaves practically none when I use the vapexhale.

16. I'm not trying to talk to you like you're 12, but you are repeatedly misunderstanding a couple things, so if it feels that way I apologize.

I know you said you weren't sure of the correct name, but you were stating the name of an entirely different piece. Its just a simple mixup, but you can clearly see why it changed everything you said completely.

Now, how did you try "my method"? Did you have the appropriate screen? The LSV does not come with one. DBVs do. I'm skeptical you did it correctly, as there's very little difference between the WPA. The setup is almost identical.

The ELB will result in poorer performance though. I have both and have used both VERY extensively. I'm not sure what prompts you to not believe me. Why do you think the ELB will solve small stuff falling through? Its a screen as well. The difference is its smaller, and has a cap.

This means it has more drag (yes, without the cap too) which results in much poorer vapor from the LSV. More importantly, and I can't stress this enough, the hot air does NOT have to pass through your weed in the ELB. The whole thing is a screen, and it extends past the joint. This is all going to result in poorer performance.

And, to top it off, you get NO gain whatsoever. I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you don't seem to grasp that there are absolute disadvantages to using the ELB, and in a waterpipe, you gain no benefit.

I do not recommend using one.

17. Ah...........yeah, I rinse out my tube after every session so I guess that's the reason that I don't get any buildup.

18. By tube what do you mean ?

19. Bong.