Guerilla Growing Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nimblybimbly, Jan 27, 2013.

1. #61 NOVA, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    I water my plants(if I water at all) around the drip line of the plant so the riots shoot out towards the water ... How much depends on the size of the plant... Type of soil ... And how long you go between watering ... Generally speaking a gallon or 2 will suffice a plant .... But you should try to plant hear a water source so you don't have to water it.
    Don't ... Don't upload pics from phones either .... If you upload directly to the site someone could find your location because there are hidden tags (gps coordiates)attached to the pics ... So upload to a photobucket type site first so those tags are "washed away"

When you plant has zero effect on the finish time of the plant ... Clones will pre flower if put out before mid may ... Seedlings will start to flower after 4-6wks if it's still before mid may when they show sex. I plant (clones) last week of May to keep the plants from flowering early(slows shit down if they have to re veg) ... Or my seedlings go out with a couple leaf sets 2nd week of may to be safe w frost... Put out plants that have a quick finish ... There are lots that will finish in September.
    Honestly ... Plants can take a few over night freezing temps without issues ... I've chopped sativas the first week of November after a light snow storm and no issues .... Can't tell ya how many times my diesels had a thin coat of ice covering the buds and leaves ... But if your really worried about finish times .... Look into green crack (clone), kksc (clone), jack herer, maroc, easy sativa, blueberry (crosses will work too depending in the genetics of the other parent) and Dutch passion Durban poison .... All those will finish by first week of October but most will finish by Sept 20th.

2. Yea, I would order seeds, but for my first grow I'm just going with bag seed. Good to know that plants can take light snow. It's snowed in late October (Northern Pennsylvania), so I'd like to harvest near that point. You're saying a seedling can flower after 4-6 weeks of vegging?

3. Yes a seedling can flower as soon as it shows pre-flowers ..... Which generally take 4-6wks to mature to the point pre-flowers are possible .... The earliest I'd put a seedling out is early may ... Any sooner than that and you risk it flowering in June which will cause it to reveg and that will lose you serious growth time and cause lower yields.

4. It would reverse from pre flowering back to vegging? I'll definitely put it out in early May-ish if that's the case. That actually works well for me, as I'm going out of town twice in April.

5. Yeah it will re-veg back in June .... But best to not let them flower early cause you lose a lot of veg time in June which is when they start to get big.

This year all my clones and seedlings will be in a mini cold frame on my deck all May but they will go inside at night for a little extra light under a few cfl's to keep em vegging .... Then off to their final locations last week of may/first week of June. They will all be out in the woods by mid June... Expecting 1/2-1# per plant.

6. Okay, so I'll probably put them out around the last week of May. I appreciate the advice. I don't have a cold frame or anything like that, so cold I just put them in soil after germination?

7. I generally won't put a seedling straight into the ground cause slugs will destroy it in .5seconds lol ... I leave em in solo cups with steel wool around the base or the edges of the cup are jagged to prevent slugs crawling across.

But yes you can sow them directly into the ground just make sure you got extras lol

8. Hey guys, I germinated 5 in mid-May. 3 sprouted and they were all 2-5 inches in height when, in early June, they died. I'm pretty sure it was due to overwatering, as my city is being abnormally rainy this year. I was just wondering, could I not start growing until late July-early August, and still harvest  some nug? Any answers are great, thanks.

9. You can put carpet on the bottom of your shoes. Put it carpet side to the ground. It works good for hiding your footprints.

10. Cool, I've heard tape also works well. Any ideas about my previous post?

11. To answer the harvest question, its the most vulnerable process of the entire season so handle the situation delicately. Like someone said, make sure your vehicles on the up and up, tags, lights, blinkers, etc. always do it in the morning. I personally do it during a weekday so i blend in w all that morning traffic. I take coolers. 15 gallon coleman coolers are perfect. Cut it up so it fits in there and put the lid on it and you can barely smell it. You would have to be leaning over my truck bed to get a whiff. I do construction work so i put my work clothes on and boom, theres my reason for the coolers and if anyone sees me walking out of the woods, they see my reflection vest and think well hes just lookin over a job or somethin. All of mine usually are in different spots so i got to do this 4-5 times a year, and im not gonna lie, i get nervous as hell each time. Its the most important part of the grow minus picking your spot imo so dont fuck around. O also i forgot to say that in the coolers, do a layer of dope, and a layer of paper. Dont want that shit moldin on you. If you dont have far to go then you can prolly skip that but if its an hour drive then definitely do it. Those coolers hold moisture like a motherfucker. I always dry at home so when i pull in the driveway i get out and just kind of look around to see whos home n who isnt neighbor wise then if its all clear, i walk my happy ass inside and start hangin bitches.

12. #72 Kuntrybumpkin, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    About flowering times, It all depends on strains. Some finish early, some finish late. A good rule of thumb is once your lady has showed her lady parts to you, you got about 4-6 weeks before she starts budding. You can tell when this happens cause when you squeeze the tops, it should feel like a little BB. Once i feel that lil knot, then i consider that day one of budding. From there you got 8-12 weeks depending on strain, sunlight, etc.

13. Forgot to say that if you top em, you wont see the sex til right before they start budding.

14. Hmmmmm. I dig the steel wool idea. Might have to steal that one :)

15. Great stuff man thanks! I'm germinating half of my six seeds now, and the other half in August. Honestly, I'd be more than happy just pulling out a couple ounces. The steel wool is a great idea, I'll be doing that too.

16. #76 Walt420, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013

Don't get your hopes up... You'll need more then 6 seeds (especially if they're non-femized) to pull even an ounce at this point.

17. Yeah, I figured. I'll see how they turn out. I'm just gonna do it BIG next year hopefully.