NorCal Growers Respect Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gold Hill Ganga, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No need for advance books. Start with the basic grow books and spend time leaning growing101. Once you get those books I suggest reading them both a few times. It's hard to absorb all the information the first few times. Plus you understand more each time you read them. Good luck and Keep it Simple until you have a few grows under your belts.

2. I just read that because it's interesting how everything works full circle. We all think that plants are meant serve for our purpose but naturally they thrive because of us and all other creature and essentially their poop and/or waste. And when we die where to we go? The ground for bacteria and fungus to break us down and make available energy for other life forms. It's fucking crazy. Were all just energy. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. But thanks man! I'll look into the books, my bro broke my runoff ph meter so I'll have to add those in the shopping kart! Ahahah I've came across them in the absolute beginners stickies I believe but I never bought them because I was too anxious to just jump right into it. Ahahah

4. #45344 mjmama25, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Exactly. Even the growers who do make profits, they had to put in a lot of money before they started getting any return on the investment. You need good organic soil, organic pest control, security, etc. I had 3 mother fuckers with a riffle pointed at my husbands chest, threaten my family trying to steel my crop. They came back 3 times before getting arrested. Growing weed isn't for the faint of heart. And it isn't as lucrative as you might imagine.

I do however SAVE a ton of money by not having to buy meds anymore.

5. I find Headband and Sour Diesel to be to of the best strains for moods and meds. They have a euphoric high without being racy, tense or panicky. Some indicas are flat and boring and some sativas are too intense in the wrong way. But the two strains I mentioned have never done me wrong. I have a friend who pretty much stopped smoking because of panic attacks, but she will still hit my stuff now and then because it's chill weed.

6. You guys want to hear something awesome? I think I won a photo contest with with some of the Cali Con gear Ive been growing. I'm either the winner or runner up, but right now I'm up by 1 vote. The contest is on thecaliconnectionswholesale Instagram page. For a noob at indoor I never expected to win any dang contests. I don't ever even try to enter contests but this one is just whatever pic on their feed gets the most likes, so I am entered automatically for having pics there.

7. I need to find a solid SD and Headband. What varieties of HB have you grown? Which did you like the most?

8. #45348 mjmama25, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Ive grown a few non descript headbands, the Sour Kush version of Headband from Reserva Privada, and the 818 Headband so far and I like the 818 from Cali Con the best.

9. have you tried their purple crack. Blackwater x green crack. I am very interested. Just wondering!

10. Sorry to hear about the asses who tried to steal your crop and I hope they are no longer a nuisance. I'll have to check out those strains the one that has done the best for me so far is probably cherry pie, but half the time I don't even know what I smoke because the dude I buy it from sells me at a gram for 10$ of someshit that isn't even that good. I have my med card but it just sucks because I have to drive far and Sj is under a 21 and up ordinance 😑

11. Making a club run soon though so I will definitely look out for the two and give them a try if given the opportunity!

12. Nope not yet. I was excited to run their Blackwater but it hermied on me early on. Shit happens.

13. I have Headband x OG and OG 18 x OG that need
    To be tested sometime lol

14. I will jump in and say it BLACKWATER IS A SHIT STRAIN. Cats out
    Chose to do what you will with the info

15. Was that directed towards me? Lol

16. Cool. Thanks. Headband x og sounds real nice. Yeah I haven't even seen any Blackwater around to even try. Maybe because it's shit. Lol

17. I seen some alien tec you mentioned earlier MJ , there is
    A lot of Alien strain but not all have the AT in it.. I look
    For all With The. AT love that shit lol. That's where I am
    Running with the SpaceBalls theme only true AT crosses

Next up might be Lord Helmet. Haha or Barf haha

18. Hillbilly's been putting out some fire new crosses faster than I can keep up. I'm running his Golden Gun. I had a beautiful Chemberry Crunch I think it was but I turned out male. Im going to try again with that strain because the plant structure looked great. Short and dark green just the way I like em.

If only my favorite smoke came from plants like that. My favorites are always the ugly ones that yellow and attract pests. The potent bar scags of plants.

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427910698.342567.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427910721.985554.jpg

Anybody familiar with SoCal Seed Companies genetics? I picked these up at hempcon while waiting for my seeds from herbies to come in. Really excited for the Cherry Bomb. Although I've never smoked ChemDawg before so I'm not sure how I'll be as far as anxiety goes.

20. Chem should be very similar to the Sour and Headband. They're all related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.