NorCal Growers Respect Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gold Hill Ganga, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabilizing can be done with back-crossing technique, where selected individuals carrying desired traits are crossed back with the original parent carrying the same similar traits. For example, if a Super Lemon Haze is crossed with a White Rhino for increasing production while keeping the lemon scent, the selected off-springs that are most producing will be back-crossed to the original Super Lemon Haze plant for boosting lemon flavor.
    The stabilization process of a selected crossing is a more complicated process, requiring large spaces to be able to check large number of individuals, and this is the reason why few seed companies actually stabilize their strains. Planting a crop of F1 hybrid seeds to select individuals carrying desired traits is one thing. Backing up several selected individuals to stabilize the lines is another. It requires space, to be able to verify the entire gamma of genetic combinations of the population (in cannabis this means planting over 10000 units of F1 to find the few individuals that carry desired expression of traits, then use them for the back-crossing to original parents).

Depending on the strain and the cross, it is usually necessary to back-cross or inbreed 3 to 6 generations before true uniformity is reached. In the case of extreme sativas, for example, it is necessary to go down several generations before any uniformity is achieved, while with indica strains the task is a little easier.
    What makes the difference is also the desired level of uniformity: especially for sativas, it is usually very much handy to allow phenotypes to manifest themselves, so growers can select the ones that a best for them and their needs. With more commercial strains, it is usually more appreciated when plants are very uniform, to guarantee an uniform product.

2. Hey I'll find the links my tent actually has a center divider I can put up reflective on boy sides I'll find it and link you the information my tent is a 5x10 I'm not sure what your size restrictions are

I can't read Chinese!!!

3. #45243 mjmama25, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Green Love Potion
    image.jpg

Banana OG
    image.jpg

Alien OG
    image.jpg

A few Deadhead nugs
    image.jpg image.jpg

One of my seedlings getting started for outdoor. I hit them with an act tea as soon as they sprouted, then a SST as first true leaves. Plus an inch of super soil at the bottom of their 1 gallon pots. The seedling now has leaves half the size of my hand, lol.
    image.jpg

4. Hey I'll find the links my tent actually has a center divider I can put up reflective on boy sides I'll find it and link you the information my tent is a 5x10 I'm not sure what your size restrictions are

I can't read Chinese!!!

5. Forsure man! Please do!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I do have to say those are some mighty nice nails. That person did a very good job.

7. Lol she is hella flossin' them in the last picture 💅😂

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I gotta have that little feminine touch now and then to remind all the boys I'm here. Otherwise I just blend into the background with the hunting and sports talk. ;) It adds balance.

9. hey mate this is a little bit different then mine i have full access to all 4 sides but this is where i what i would go with it will fit in a 10x10 room just fine with alot of space left over. I have a 5x10 that i can split in half. It's a great idea if you have limited space to put up tents or a room. Here is the link: https://www.monstergardens.com/Portable-Grow-Rooms/Search-by-Tent-Size/4x8-Tents?product_id=1985

10. Thanks I really appreciate that. I don't know a lot about nails but I was happy with what they did. It was a long series of "You want me do this, make-a you pretty." Um ok.....

11. The pink goes nice with your skin complexion. It makes your already tan looking skin darker, me like that :)
    I might pm you soon on a few act questions if you dont mind.

12. Lol I understand. I use to do my nails for quit a long time. That is really good, nice art work. Almost makes me want to do mine again lol.

13. I do my nails in dirt

14. Hey let me know if you find any info on what strain is the closest to a true indica. I thought you were looking for a plant like that. I,m looking for one plant to grow like that also. I read that black domina was pretty indica dominant but I've enver seen it or smoked it. Also a strain called agfhani 1#

15. Aurora indica and maple leaf indica are pretty indica dominant

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. I've heard mentioned that growing style and enviromental can influence whether a plant grows more sativa or more indica. Like people growing clones of the exact same cut and having them grow totally different. I've noticed that I almost always get sativa phenos of everything. Sativa looking Hindu, sativa dom blue dreams, almost everytime. It's rare that I find a nice indica plant anymore. So what the hell about my grow style brings out sativa traits? I don't really expect an answer to that, but really, what factors can influence this? Temps? Soil? It's probably the warm temps here in the foothills.

17. Wow that's weird. Off hand I can't think of what would cause a plant to lean twoards one side of it's phenotype or another besides temps making it go purple. I am hoping that there is still a strain out there that has not been crossed with a sativa. I,lll look into the two kroptoninc posted. I,ve been reading about skunk #1 and northen lights and some of the others that you would think are pure indica but even those have been crossed with a sativa. I,ll keep looking, thanks.

Thanks for the ideas, I,ll look onto those.

18. #45258 415north, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Maybe it is the higher elevation and warmer temps like the mountains of oaxaca, where those big sativa hazes come from or maybe it,s the latin vibes your husband is giving off, LOL.

19. Ummm two in the pink and one in the stink is how I like to do mine

Attached Files:

20. True. Environment plays huge rolls in forming genetics. The evolution of cannabis shows this clearly. Sativas having long grow season originated closer to tge equator where summers are long. If you took a sativa and brought it up into the Hindu kush mountains it wouldn't have efficient time to fully mature. Years of adapting would shorten its life span its height its time needed to flower and reproduce and it would eventually be a indica. I've been told that if weed was left to do its natural thing here in America it would all eventually evolve into a hemp. This is what mother nature intended it to be in our parts, mostly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.