NorCal Growers Respect Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gold Hill Ganga, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes stress is the cause of some if not most mutations. That is the very basis of evolution. Stress challenges life form, life form adapts.

2. Just labeled. The male and the female you used have a dominant and a recessive gene. They will be a mixture of both, hopefully more of what you are looking for. The breeding process is to isolate wanted genotype. I thought the male was a different strain for some reason? My mistake. Unless the parents are true hybrids there will be a recessive trait hiding in there somewhere.

3. It's been almost a year since my last biology course and we barely touched on genetics. I want to take a full course on it next year, but that's why I was asking. Because from what I understand that would most likely be the only differences between the seeds, that and the above mentioned dominant vs recessive traits showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. you can replace that 600 for a 900 mars 2 or possibly the 192x3 mars reflector series..

5. Got moved into the new spot.. lets get it on.. 20150329_173342.jpg

6. #45226 CanadianOrganic, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Exactly. Almost 800 watts.
    I'm saying something that is half that wattage. Most companies would say that outperforms 2 1000w HIDs

Oh. Also, sorry for posting in the North Cali thread.

7. #45227 SubliminalWeeney, Mar 30, 2015
    I was actually looking at replacing it with two 700 mars 2. Are the reflectors effective? I like the length of the 144x3W but it seems a little weak.

8. It's an open forum. You can post anywhere you want to bro. I'm in CO lol :p

9. Genetics is fucking intense dude. Brace yourself lol.

10. Aced the class, but that was definitely the part that was more difficult to grasp. I think it would be worth it though ahahah

11. There are also enviromental  things such as high energy photons from the sun that can cause damage to DNA,  which in turn can cause genetic mutations. Most mutations are detrimantal to the offspring of the species, but every once in a while a mutation turns out to cause a beneficial change. This is how evolution works.

12. You forgot the part about natural selection and evolution. biology 101 lol. Are the high energy photons that create skin cancer cells in humans the same thing? Can plants get cancer? 😮

13. Hey all just thought I do an update super close to harvest time. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427683918.511566.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427683928.795459.jpg

I can't read Chinese!!!

14. #45234 415north, Mar 30, 2015
    That is what I meant by a beneficial  change in the offspring. If the mutation gives it some type of advantage that it did not have before such as better eyesight or whatever, it will survive and produce offspring with the same mutation and the offspring that did not have the mutation will die sooner and not reproduce.

15. great for veg!

16. #45236 415north, Mar 30, 2015
    I forgot the part of the question about skin cancer. Yes ultraviolet light has high enough energy to cause genetic damage and cause skin cancer. It,s called ionizing radiation. I don't know if plants get cancer? That's and interesting question

17. have you ever watched The Cosmos on netflix? Fucking amazing to watch Stoney.

18. I need a multipurpose until I can afford a separate veg and flower room. I was actually looking into the mars tents while I was checking out the LEDs there.

19. HAHA Yea Ive seen it, Learning about the universe is about as stony as it gets. LOL.  Makes me want to go back to school again.

20. I wouldn't worry about mixing them. They should all have the same dna.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.