NorCal Growers Respect Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gold Hill Ganga, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd go led then because cbd doesn't yield good anyway. If you have any extra cbd when your done get ahold of me.

2. all CBD will be donated to any patients in need of CBD and made into Concentrates and possibly tinctures. I will be mainly providing to clubs for CBD trying to get some clubs to have legitimate meds.

3. Yeah bud we have a collective delivery service and would love some cbd!

4. all will be ACDC so i will be growing that for the next few years

5. I would run the LED's. They will run cooler and use less power, and there is no changing bulbs once or twice every year. A lot of guys are running Mars but j went with some Diamond lights off eBay. They are a lot like the Mars but run 6 watt diodes where Mars use 5 watts. They even have the Mars lights on eBay for less than you can get from their sales person that visits Grasscity. Use the money you save for other upgrades.

6. Just placed an order for two bags of Gro Kashi. I figured it's worth a try. How are you guys using it? U was thinking of mixing it in with the rest of my amendments. I haven't decided if I'm gonna mix the soil or just top dress and add clover. I'm giving no till soil some thought but I still need to do some research on it. Any added benefits are greatly welcomed in my garden.
    Just placed an order for two bags of Gro Kashi. I figured it's worth a try. How are you guys using it? U was thinking of mixing it in with the rest of my amendments. I haven't decided if I'm gonna mix the soil or just top dress and add clover. I'm giving no till soil some thought but I still need to do some research on it. Any added benefits are greatly welcomed in my garden.

7. #45187 Kronicly Insane, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Just under two months till full terms go outside. It's almost time to prep my soil and install security measure to the garden. Ripper beware, I'm not playing around.

8. 330am. Off to wake my thunder chickes up that we put to bed last night.
    Time for a breakfast beer.

9. For what it's worth....I am a duct insulator/ installer by trade.....I also do plumbing insulation and metal jacket....really nice fancy shit. I get material for the low and willing to help if anyone is interested in the help or material....here's a little bit of what I do ;-)

Underneath all that GORGEOUS metal jacket is 2 inch insulation. If anyone knows what duct work on a roof looks like they know it doesn't look like that until someone like me gets to it....

Attached Files:

10. Gavitas are also better with high ceiling space because they have a stronger output than other lights you need to keep them up off your plants more so they won't fry them...I could see issues in a tent with that unless you don't let em grow to tall lol

Just my .02 :)

11. I personally like having multiple smaller HPS just because if the temps get too high I can turn off the middle light for a few hours. It gives me more options. And 600w are supposed to be more efficient than the 1000's. I have no experience with the LED's though.

12. #45192 mjmama25, Mar 29, 2015
    Hillbillies Golden Gun putting on some size. The mother is flowering already and this is my first generation of GG clone. I learned from the mother that this strain likes to eat more than the average plant when going through the stretch. The mother yellowed up on me. But I've compensated with her offspring.
    image.jpg

13. Hillbilly makes hungry girls lol
    My toxic spills want more food too and there just finishing up stretch

14. I will more then likely be going Led and swapping my 1k over to my 4x8

I can't read Chinese!!!

15. #45195 MrRaider, Mar 29, 2015
    Yes keep them separate. Every plant has a dominant and a recessive gene. The reason we breed down to f2 and f3 is to isolate the traits we want. There is a chance they will all be the same and kudos to you of they are! But more than likely some will be slightly different, showing recessive gene.
    You take a mom and dad plant that you like. M1, the offspring f1 will show a mix of the parents, but they will have a dominant and a recessive trait. Say you are mixing a indica with a sativa to get a bigger plant. So if the majority of the f1 show tall and only a few are short than the tall gene is the dominant while the short is recessive. Take the f1 that you identify as the gene you prefer in this case tall and breed them together hoping to further isolate the desired gene. There should be less of the recessive gene showing up or its back to the drawing board. The research I've been reading now states after you isolate the desired gene take the f3 if im not mistaken and then cross it back to the f1. This will lock in the gene you desire and is how seed companies get more pf a homogeneous product.
    double post

16. Might be hitting you up for your services. ..nice work

17. I will also be keeping this mind when it comes to me moving into a new house and a bigger area looking for a place with a Shop building on the property hope you will be of some great use. 

I'm super pumper checked my girls last night there only a few days out and man are they frosty. I'm really happy about the end results of what it is looking like and the quality that i got out for using a HPS. I will be posting pictures soon of harvest day have some colas about the size of a rockstar can in my tent makes me super pumper. I hope everyone is having an awesome begining to their season and i hope to see a bunch of you at the Emerald cup this coming year.

18. Hey drew on a note about LED i was checking things out honestly i don't know if this would be a stupid idea or not but dropping down to lets say 4 Mars 2 Series LED grow lights that were 700 watts  or even 5 because then  that is the same price as 3 1200watts i was just thinking would it be a better idea to spread them out and have more to be i guess more effecient in top coverage. I was just thinking of this could be a dumb idea but was just curious as to what you think.

19. #45199 SubliminalWeeney, Mar 29, 2015
    Isn't that stuff supposed to be some innoculant for bacteria and fungi? I assume that fermenting it with your soil for a few weeks and all the amendments would make a lot of those amendments broken down into simpler forms for the plant.

Or am I thinking of some other stuff?

20. #45200 SubliminalWeeney, Mar 29, 2015
    Anybody here with led's know if you can cover a 3x6 area better with led? I'm like restriced to a 3x3 sufficient area of light of the MH/HPS. What happens when parts of the plant that are in flower mode are not close enough to the light? Smaller buds or less developed buds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.