Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magical Butter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SpyVSpy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Reduce that tincture by half and you'll be down to a few drops instead of droppers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I did that the next day.... What a smell haha

3. Okay guys, I just thought it to be important too Inform the public about the truth of the magical butter machine...I have had 2 of their machines.. Opened them for year .. And this is what I have found out.. 1. Okay for starters it does not regulate temperature as it claims.. I have burned much material and wasted a lot of money.. The problem is that the heat sensor is connected to the lid and does not touch the bottom of the machine.. This causes a big problem because the material is heated from the bottom .. This causes the machine to constantly heat because the heat sensor is not being touched... ( I alwaYs use lowest temp of 160I have opened the machine to find my material burnt to a crisp.. It wasted 4 oz of material..I informed magical butter...they sent me another one but it does the same thing of course .. (The only way to solve this problem is to either melt the butter first.. Or add water which the claim to not do.. Yes water causes butter to not last as long, but most of it will dry out , and then it's just butter again.. Okay. PROBLEM NO. 2 It has a "de carboxylation" mode. FALSE! This machine does not not decarb and is not completely air tight..I have wasted much material thinking it would de -carb for me ...NOPE! Problem no 3 - it does not cook long enough and chops of material to a powder...so in the past I have always heard my friends and people on the internet cooking in a crock pot and letting sit over night.. This allows for strongest effect. Anyways I don't see how a cple hours in the "magical butter machine" would be the same, unless it really was magical .
    In the end,I wish I just invested my money into a temp controlled crock. Pot.. I could extract it all and have less plant material in my final product..I do not recommend this product. Hopefully in the future theywill have some competition and we will see products like this improve..

4. My bud looked fine when it came out just completely drained. But iv only used it once. Also mine seemed to have cool down periods where it would do nothing and seemed to not get any warmer. I do however agree about the whole concept of it not making sense. It doesn't seem like this machine should be able to just do a process like that so quickly. I'm looking forward to trying a second batch hopefully it won't turn out like any of yours.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. The magical butter is certainly not magic. I believe the device to be amazing. I have a MB2 but i think they came out with a 3 that u dont have to melt the oil/butter. I use coconut oil which i premelt. The device certainly does not decarb, in that aspect it fails. It also fails in that it says it is air tight and does not smell. It stinks worse than 5 people passin blunts. I decarb and grind my herb. The only thing i trust it took do is heat it. I do 3 separate 1 hour cycles. 2 back to back, then freeze overnight then do one more. The oil comes out amazing, ive made cannaoil for years and have a good recipe, i shared a cannabutter recipe on here but it is known to me now to be insufficient. The magical butter will probably burn ur herb if u put it in without liquid, never tried that. Defintely dont add water, you inhibit the transfer of thc that way. The machine is great for someone lazy, and its all about temp control. I put a magnet thermometer inside half submerged with a paper thin strip that leads to a readout. The temp isnt perfect, i put it on 220 and it fluctuated from 210-225, but still works for me. It is the preparation, not the device. You must decarb properly, use the right solvent (unrefined organic coconut oil) use soy lecithin

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you dont know what soy lecithin is, you dont even come close yet to a perfect recipe

• Like Like x 1
  7. just an fyi, unrefined coconut oil, organic or regular both contain carcinogens.

these are removed in the refining process.

also coconut products are considered to be an item where organic certification isn't really that important.

8. Once u use it for bud it's gonna void that warranty

9. share that recipe my man!

10. lol nevermind

Your post would have been so much more awesome if you'd provided a link to any kind of information.

Also I am kind of curious now if vegetable oil, cow butter, etc. have carcinogens too... or is coconut the only carcinogenic food?

12. Poly-aromatic hydrocarbons, which are generated during the coconut flesh quick drying process and are carcinogenic, were detected in crude coconut oil but were removed in the refining process. Virgin unrefined coconut oil, then, may still contain these hydrocarbons, unless it's wet-milled and processed without quick-drying the flesh. That goes for both organic and conventional coconut oil, to be clear

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/7-foods-you-dont-need-to-buy-organic/#ixzz3PBVEzS3C

13. How much butter can i make with 2g of dank

14. Thanks for the link, Irish_Redneck. :)

15. I make it the exact same way and I have to agree with you totally. Using our oil in the basic Choc. Chip recipe I use 4oz oil or 8 TBSP (1/2 of the shortening). Makes 32-36 2.5" cookies. So each cookie has less than a teaspoon in it. They will blow you away! My husband can eat a whole one but I only need half. We're also make it with FROZEN fresh sugar trim from some excellent weed that we throw into the crock pot and just break it up and cook just like you do. We tried decarbonizingfirst  in the oven but it didn't make any difference. I believe freezing it fresh and not dried allows the trichomes to release just as they do making bubble bag hash.

16. I'm surprised decarbing it didn't make it stronger in your trial... I'll have to try it once just to see for myself

17. #38 ganjagoddessfourtwenty, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
    This thing is amazing. I got so sick of firecrackers that I had to invest in it and it is so worth it. Be sure to decarb. Also, I put in 3 sticks of butter to 1/2 oz but my output is only 2 sticks of butter after the cycle is done. Anyone else have a loss of butter after cooking?

The love glove is great, but the straining bag is gross. I put them both in the dishwasher (sometimes for 2 cycles) and they get much cleaner than they did when I washed by hand. I tried to use a regular strainer but it left particles in it. Maybe I'll try cheesecloth next time.

Oh. And don't order from Amazon. They're often counterfeit or refurbished and the warranty is void. It was only $30 from the website, so I decided to cancel my Amazon order and just be safe.

I'm scared to make a tincture, because I read a story of someone having a fireball in their kitchen. Something about the pressure, heat, and everclear. Is this true? I'd love to try a tincture soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I just got the machine yesterday, and the first thing I did was make tincture with Everclear. My kitchen was not engulfed in flames. Perhaps they had a spark that caused an ignition?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. I my self have used this and loved it you can set it and forget it till its done. I use mine to make butter and oil