Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Don't fret, CC. I hear that Monsanto is in the process of engineering a cannabis cultivar that produces the liminoids azadirachtin, salannin, meliantiol, etc. Neem weed here we come! :yay: :p

TJ

2. Leave it the fuck alone. :laughing:

It your signature or you just finish with it like TJ and CC do. To add a signature go to your profile, click on edit your profile, click on signature.

3. :laughing:  epic. I was all down to go on a big google search for 'LIFTA' earlier , procrastination paid off here. I would have banged my head off the keyboard.

Why do that? The good folks here at GC Organics and GC as a whole are all about helping you get comfortable with this site. Save the Google searches for the volumes of science based information that flows freely here.

Welcome to Grasscity Organics :metal:

Chunk

5. #19865 Pakalolo, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014

I Google'd it for you.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1141251-litfa.html

The two biggest mistakes that are made growing the herb is over watering and not LITFA.

6. Like Kunu says, youre doing too much, do less.

7. #19867 cenCal209, Nov 1, 2014
    happy holiday everyone. Is their a thread that info. on goo quality with bulb, reflector and tents.. etc on here?

Back atcha cenCal209 :wave:

Check out this forum and ask some questions there.   Grow Room Design / Setup

There is also a sub-forum on lighting.

Welcome to GC Organics

Chunk

9. This post is for all the peeps and grow-bros that read the O-section trying to get their grow-game on but don't chime in for, well, maybe "fear" of some sort. I'd like to share some of my antics and mistakes and succeses to encourage you to know that's it's ok sometimes to do things your own way. After all it is one's own garden that they tend.

We all have start somewhere so don't be fearful of sharing and celebrating your failures as well as your wins. We can learn something important from either outcome IMO.

This is the plant I needed help with and the one that first led me to GC back in ~2010 

[​IMG]

I've grown pretty (little) little plants....

[​IMG]

I've grown sickly plants....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've gathered and in some cases made my own compost and other goodies. Some of it worked, some of it not...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've grown bigger plants....

[​IMG]

I've grown 5 plants in 3g containers in a 30"x30" shower using a 250w hps....

[​IMG]

I've taken raw space such as this....

[​IMG]

And transformed it into secure, conditioned, CO2 enhanced, and automated space like this (more than a few times I tell ya the truth about it) ...

[​IMG]

I've grown my own males...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've selectively pollinated and grown those seeds out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've grown organically water-only in buckets....

[​IMG]

I've grown Soma style in containers....

[​IMG]

I've grown hydroponically...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've grown outdoors behind a bush (a couple of times now. this my first around 2011)

[​IMG]

I've made a few ... some bubble hash...

[​IMG]

And it's all been fun - for the most part. That's what I've been doing the past 5 GCO years.

I highly recommend one take their own grow journey to the limits of their abilities and desires. It's all gewde    :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin: .... and right now it's colder'n 13 mofo's outside - fuck! Winter is on like a chicken bone.... :smoking:

Y'all Peace now.... :smoke:

Attached Files:

10. #19870 LoneRanger11220, Nov 1, 2014
    ^ Chunk ain't skippin a beat after that last nap he took.... :laughing:

11. Old poss playing ZERO games over here. Vert 1ks givin me a slight hard on :hide: :bongin:

CW

12. I guess this would be a good time, and place to throw a thread I made few months back out there. Anythin to do with equipment. From the pots we grow in, To the lights we use. Shit, even scissors. And other accessories are welcome. I jus wanna hear what everyone's setup is, see if we have any similarities. Share our experiences to find out what works best. Its not like there's a lot of accurate info out on a majority of this stuff.   

It's in the early stages of development. 
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1308079-sourcing-growin-equipment.html/page-2

13. #19874 organicterrorist, Nov 1, 2014
    @possuum

Wow! Just Amazing.

Anyone

I'm gonna order some seeds from herbies. I got a pre paid debit card to use. Is this the way most of you do it?

Thanks

14. #19875 A Typical Meristem, Nov 1, 2014
    @ Possum my dog likes milkbones..... :eek:

Here are some of mine in veg. just for the hell of it

IMG_20141101_240005855.jpg

15. I am currently doing the SST 2 method, but have considered using up the Bob's Red Mill Malted Barley Flour that I purchased for the same effect.  I got away from it as it seemed to contribute to crust forming after repeated use.   Maybe if I bubbled it for 3-4 hours that would obviate the issue.  Hard to get away from what works, but it is wasteful to leave the BRM on the shelf and I can only use so much in baking.
    Do you have any experience with the BRB Malt Flour?

16. #19877 over dere, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

MrBridge

Go to a homebrew store and buy malted barley grain which is barley grain which has been malted, i.e. hydrated, germinated and then dried. This grain is malted by professionals which in most parts of the country means that it's from Great Western Malting. They supply the big breweries including Budweiser and most others. You and I can never achieve this level of malt in our homes. This malt is processrf under laboratory conditions. 

You use 1 oz. of malted barley grain per gallon of water. First grind it and many use an inexpensive coffee bean grinder. Grind it down to a powder and mix with your gallon of water. Aerate this mix for about 4 hours and add 1 oz. of pure fulvic acid from BioAg and apply this to your soil.

This method means that you can apply the SST whenever you want without a 2 or 3 day lead time. If you don't have a local homebrew store there are a plethora of websites that sell this meaning that it's no big deal to source it at all.

There is a huge difference using this over starting with raw barley grain - not even close. And it's inexpensive so when you're looking at the prices keep in mind that 1 lb. will make 16 gallons of enzyme tea.

CC

17. I think I've mentioned before that I get up early everyday, I medicate early everyday, and that's pretty much how the rest of my day goes in 2 hr increments while I'm out walking around with "the rest of ya". I've reported on some issues I've encountered at the self-check at the get-go store. Well here's another one of those "issues" to add to my list. A sidebar for a moment. A dude and I were cutting it up laffing and squawking the other day which ended on the high note of him saying to me, "You just ain't right man LOL". And that is true when compared to so-called "normal people". Anyway...

I had to go grab a few lbs of deli meat the other day. I cruise into the parking lot, take two hits of the LA Con and go beebopping into the store. It's something like 8:15 am or so. The parking lot and store is pretty empty - kewl. I get my stuff, no problems with "the lady crowding me" at the self-check, and I'm walking out the doors no problemos. After a few steps I hear this swish, swish, swish as I'm walking. Recognizing it as the sound of someone walking behind me and their plastic bag flapping in the breeze I ignore it thinking they'll move on to their car or something.

Swish, swish, swish... What! Is this a Seinfeld episode or what! What's this person doing walking up behind me! My code red switch gets activated and I'm thinking somebody getting ready to do me harm right here in the parking lot, 10' from the front door, in broad daylight! Swish, swish, swish. My body is tensing, my amygdala is sending signals, my hippocampus is analyzing, SWOOSH! I launch! Straight up like a rocket! I do a 3 1/2 vertical twist into a full layout reverse, land on the ground, BAM! Full Crouching Tiger position. I survey the area as I rise up into the Full Whooping Crane Standing on One Leg position, hands and legs cocked and ready to fire! Hai-de-maki Chung Dong Gyun Yuk fangs bared and hissing like only a possum can. What! There ain't nothing there. Hmmm. Strange. Strange indeed. Shadow people perhaps? IDK. I gather myself to walk the next few feet to my ride. I'm confident no one saw my sm00ve m00ves. Swish, swish, swish! WTF! I look around and then down and WTF do I see but a piece of packing tape stuck to my dadgum shoe. LOL... :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin: ... shit happens. That my friends is a "normal day" for me.... :smoke:

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you all on this cold, rainy, indoor-for-me-day ... :smoking:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Love it!

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Well I'll be damned.........what's good Joe Blow?