Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

randomnameguy

That would be my recommendation, i.e. exactly what you've described. You want the 'goodies' in the slurry to make contact with your soil.

HTH

CC

2. It's raining so I decided to harvest the Holy Grail Kush as well. She has a 15" long top cola. :)

20141025_092214.jpg

3. Thanks LR. I am pleased with this years harvest. :)

4. Hey guys, this HG Kush got fairly wet from the rain so I am shaking each branch off good, giving them an initial trim, shaking them again and then hanging them on a drying line. Do you think I should point the fan directly at them hanging for a few hours to make sure they dry?

Absolutely but make it a couple of days and not just a few hours......

6. Will do Coot thanks my friend.

7. Would a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting be a good idea or not?

8. Not if you want it to taste good.

9. Thanks Don, I was thinking that and the fact that heat may damage the trichomes.

10. Mike

You're wanting to create air movement in and around the drying chamber to prevent pathogenic fungi from causing damage.

A couple of friends who rolled the dice this year because we had unseasonably warm weather for the first couple of weeks in October are paying the price for their stupidity. One major hit of rain put them in the trick-bag this season - again.

Idiots...I simply chuckled and wished them the 'best of luck' - as usual.

CC

11. Naturally it should be "rootbound" - it's a solo cup grow but my opinion on what happens to a rootbound plant is probably different than others, mostly because of a couple journals I've followed that have gone through flowering cycles, revegged then flowered again in the same cup....

It's obviously not ideal conditions for the plant, but it's not dire on a short lifespan either...

I was mostly worried about the spots - I was away longer than I normally would be, so she was thirsty (she drinks every 4-5days now, it's been about a week, so the droop kicked in lol.

12. Thanks Coot. Here are the Sour Diesel, Big Bud and Holy Grail Kush drying.
    I moved the other two plants to the bottom rows of string and put the wet Holy Grail Kush in the middle.
    A fan is on the far left blowing towards them and I rigged a small 120V biscuit fan on the right side blowing right at them as you can see in this photo.

20141025_135059.jpg

13. Definitely good use of the old workout equip LOL

14. Thanks LR! I am an inventor/tinkerer like my dad was. ;)

15. Shout out to all the wise folk here in the organic section, The wealth of knowledge people have here is truly inspiring. You've helped me learn tremendously in a short 2 years. Though i don't post much i'm still keeping up daily. I just felt like i needed to give you guys something as collateral for the knowledge you've given me, but all i can offer is positive vibes  :smoke: 

Cheers,

:gc_rocks:

16. Hey Coot, I took your advice and planted these two Color Spot Bronze Mums in these 1 gallon nursery pots for a little experiment. On the left is the one with the Diestel turkey compost and on the right is with my homemade compost. They are one week in these pots today.

20141025_152146.jpg

17. Mike

So what did you learn about Diestel's compost? Especially considering the price that you paid...