Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

Could be why the one in the North Cascades got renamed. It was some forest services guys back in 1940 that renamed it.

2. #18822 420inMI, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Thanks to everyone that gave advice on my fungus gnat problem I do have mosquito dunks gonna throw a couple in my coffee grinder and topdress then mulch with the timothy hay looking forward to harvest

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thought someone hijacked ya

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. Coot, how are these guys growing plants 15' tall or more as I see in some photos?
    Is it more than just the soil? Are they using the top genetics they can create to grow these monsters?
    I would like to hear about what is involved in growing plants such as this one that I have posted before that just makes my jaw drop. Is that Photoshopped? :confused_2:

BlueDreamICmagForum.jpg

6. #18826 over dere, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Mike

Poles, wiring, etc. Think LST on steroids...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sativas

8. #18828 over dere, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Hops Seeds - Horizon Herbs

Hops (Humulus lupulus) packet of 20 seeds, organic

Family: Hemp (Cannabaceae)

Herbaceous perennial dioecious vine growing to 30 feet in a season. Native to the temperate north and hardy to -30 degrees F. A vigorous grower at sea level or in the mountains, these are widely employed as fast summer shade and make luscious, dangling, bright green strobiles that have sleep-inducing properties and are used in the manufacture of beer. Yes, it is true, we do not deny that hops planted from seed will give both male and female plants and medicine of variable potency (alpha). 

The most vigorous female plant with the most tasty and bitter strobiles may be chosen out as a new strain of hops. You can name it after yourself if you want! Propagate your favorite lady by cloning, through making root cuttings.  Plant prefers full sun and regular watering. Give plenty of compost or rotted manure (Humulus lupulus = "humus wolf"). Provide trellis. Sow seed in the fall for germination in the spring, or sow in a cold frame or cold greenhouse from fall to very early spring, with germination in the spring as the soil warms. 

Alternatively, give 90 days cold, moist refrigeration (mix seed with moist coir or peat moss in a sealed jar or plastic bag in the fridge) and then plant in a warm place, with germ in 1 to 3 weeks. Work up in pots and transplant out 3 feet apart. Unless you want to make seeds, pull up the males and select the females for the strongest medicine.  

20 seeds per packet, organic [Not available to WA or ID states!] 

9. #18829 pointswest, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014

These are not photo shopped.  To grow monsters like this Blue Dream you start next years crop soon after harvest and get your transplants into  large pots  by early spring using supplemental lighting in the early season to prevent premature flowering.    Use large pots or a well amended large hole in ground.  Long season sativa grow the largest.

PW

10. Mike

LOL!

I really screwed the pooch on the photos that I posted - I thought you were talking about growing hops because I didn't click on your photo and it looked like hops when it's small. I have a 27" monitor so photos on a forum must be enlarged or they look like a postage stamp-size image.

Talk about a doofus, eh?

CC

11. I read what you posted, figuring there would be a statement about how they are part of the same family.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. An honest mistake my friend. I am on a 25" monitor myself here at home.

13. I found an old plant tag next to some hops growing around here. It said they are used as stuffing for pillows for people with insomnia as well. Lol.

14. I have also heard to stir them up and when they are flying around vacuum them up. Not sure how well that works though.
    I had fungus gnats bad one year in some hanging Tuberous Begonias and it was from the crappy bagged soil I bought at Lowes.

15. not sure I wanna vacuum my plants, now my ex wife that's a different story lol

16. seriously though I'm gonna grind a couple mosquito dunks and topdress I checked the pots and didn't notice very many I think they are coming out of the totes I used to cycle the soil I'm pretty sure I kept them to wet with the chapin when the soil was cycling so I'm hoping the dunks are more of an insurance policy for the ladies

17. Not the plants the bugs in the air. :laughing:

18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3aV7CoZ84fM

19. Excited to say my first truly organic grow has finally begun :yay:

Thank you everyone here for sharing all your knowledge. :gc_rocks:

Attached Files:

20. I have a quick question about the above plants. When should I start using neem oil for preventative purposes? Can/should I start spraying weekly now?