Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

I don't see trees making rock dust or earthworm castings either!

Go figure.....

2. touché 😜

3. How ever that's in the soil underneath

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. #17185 over dere, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

Yes it is but we're talking about horticulture - not forestry, agriculture, wetlands, etc.

There is a difference and as hard as we might try to build a true soil the fact of the matter is that we can't achieve even 30% that of a true soil. In particular soil enzymes like Urease, Phosphatase, Protease, Amylase (either form), etc.

If you wish to discuss the role of soil enzymes I can do that at length with science and not "Well, what I think is that....."

You won't find Azomite under a forest, you won't find pumice under a forest, you won't find f*cking perlite under a forest and plants don't produce Eagle 20, Avid, Serenade, Clonex, Olivia's Rooting Gel, Dip 'n Gro, etc.

5. That escalated quickly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #17187 Shark bait, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Sorry if my above response rubbed you the wrong way, I could be rude and what not at this moment, but that's not what I'm hear for. I like the philosophical conversations that some are willing to have, I also enjoy the scientific knowledge that gets spread as well.

Enough said

PEACe

7. Been talking to 2 old farmers out in Cali about going and working on their farm. We got started talking a little bit about comfrey, and this is what they say they're doing:

"At present our main fertility comes from composted horse manure and brush chips spread on top of the soil as mulch. But these amendments are not fully sustainable which we want to be sure we can do and share the "HOW TO" with others. To this end we have been growing and spreading every year comfrey plants and experimenting with adding it and other herbs to make compost teas. Another way we are trying is to add fresh comfrey  leaves below some compost for extra nutrition and to attract more worms...doing this before transplants being added. Seems be be excellent that way. And we read on one site about laying down cabbage leaves into sheet mulching for its excellent decomposing/fertility properties. So we have been doing that too. So far, not seeing a difference between comfrey and cabbage."

She's confusing compost teas w/ botanical teas, but that's just semantics, it seems like these people are heading the right way; and doing so by experience, not reading. I'm interested in the cabbage leaf deal, though....

8. #17189 queefer madness, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    [quote name="Kshow" post="20542906" timestamp="1409577383"]
    Hey y'all. I got a question. Growin indoors. 10 day old plants. I thought my cat got into em, but now I'm not so sure. They continue to be eatin alive, and it's drivin me crazy! I hit em with a imp spray last night. I guess my question is, the only bugs I've seen near em. Was moth, and fly. Would they be munchin on em? Thanks! .

I have 3 cats. One of them loves to butcher seedlings and chew on fan leaves. He even climbs into my tent to get them. I say cat!

9. More info plz my sponge is not full yet!

"I LOVE THIS LIFE"

10. I thought you said 'dip n go' I was gonna say that has nothing to do with plants and a lot more to do with a truck stop motel in Fontucky....

11. Picked two more budworms off my Blue Dream plant today. The little bastards bore a hole right down the center of the bud into the stem.
    There has to be a better way to control these things. I am starting to envy you indoor growers. :laughing:

12. Does Safer brand BT or others have a shelf life? I haven't been able to find out much about it. :confused_2:

13. That's crazy. I have seen allot of moths on my plants but NP worms (knock on wood). But o also don't follow directions lol. Says 1 teaspoon per gallon...I use 2.....fuckum....

14. Somebody asked about something munching fast on a plant. One morning I walked in the grow room and a whole plant was eaten down to nothing :eek: Tom found a big green bug it looked like the praying mantis ones people buy to keep pests off but a little differnt cause it was a pale green and it flew. It was a baby but it was a lot to eat overnight.
    The next night it ate most of another and I showed the bug to tom in the room and he said those eat plants killed it and no more plants got eaten. :smoke:
    Thanks ;) I'll take a couple peeks of it this week when I do my update peeks just for the sake of showing what we actually have here.

Regardless of whether it would or would not help. I was taught it is not my place to bring things here that are not already here and I have respect for that. I have may wonderful options available to me already so I'm not gonna suffer nor will my plants for my not having comfrey. :D
    are you outdoor outdoor or in a greenhouse?

15. I have been using one teaspoon as well CD. Shit, should I up it?
    I noticed this morning that some of the branches I sprayed yesterday evening with BT were bent around in a funny direction almost as if they were trying to find the sun. Weird.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My plants are in the backyard Sky. I wished I had a screen around the damn things. If it weren't for these worms I would have no pests to speak of really. :(

17. Weird. Its just bacteria. I'm not the one to give any advice. But thats what I do and I've noticed no adverse effects. But Im very liberal with it also. Thats also why I shake lol. I'd do whatever it takes to get those things off. Your either going to kill your plants trying to kill them or they will kill them lol. I'd rather go out with a bang myself....why is it too late to screen?

18. "why is it too late to screen?"

Hear hear - it sounds like it might be a good option. I know it will cost a few dollars but even if u save 1 plant it was worth it Mike - and you're really in a good position to do so with the wire cages maybe?

Sorry to hear of the difficulties Mike. It's never easy. If it isn't bugs here it's mold.

J

19. Hey organics people  :hello:

I'm a novice marijuana enthusiast and was hoping to start a grow soon and I am wondering which approach to take.

I've done a soil grow with a friend so I know a thing or two about the basics but I am wondering about organics. Is it expensive compared to a soil grow?

I was considering doing a coco grow with advanced nutrients and those are like $500 altogether, so is organic cheaper to do assuming time isn't an issue?

Thanks for any help.