Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Another subject I've been trying to put some closure to. @ wetdog and I have had this conversation a few times before. When you mentioned this subject before (don't worry, I won't attempt to drag you back down into this one. I know how tiring it is to talk about, lol), you described how OM will essentially strip away the ammonia from the chlorine, leaving it to dissipate eventually by whatever means.

What I wonder though is....if this is the case, then a healthy living soil should be able to bounce back from chlorinated water provided daily through irrigation from the city....correct? Or did I completely miss the mark on that one?

3-D

Yes of course.

Large organic farms here in the valley are either on wells or city water. By large I mean 100 acres and up. It would be financially impossible to dechlorinate the water before it hits their soil.

HTH

CC

3. Ohh yeah!

Attached Files:

4. TJ2

Skip to Chapter 8 in Dr. Senn's book - you'll learn more in 3 or 4 pages than you could ever imagine.

"Enzymes"

CC

5. Heck yeah bro! Glad to see you were able to get it! The name Ascophyllum Nodosum is literally baked into my head. :lol:

That bio char book looks interesting also. I'm still trying to read up on that subject too. Between you Gandalf and BlueJay, I'm really stuck on trying to read everything I see or hear about on the subject.

6. How about the chloramine in my water CC?
    I have been putting a 1, 000 mg Vitamin C crushed into a powder into 30 gallons of water and aerating it for an hour or so. I was told the Vitamin C neutralizes the chloramine. Is that true?

MotaMike

Yes it will convert chloramine to chlorine as will compost or EWC. You only need to add 1/2 cup to 5 gallons of water and aerate to dechlorinate the water.

No big deal!

CC

8. Thanks CC. I could use my compost as well but since I have 500 Vitamin C tablets from Costco I am putting them to good use. lol

9. #15290 over dere, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    MotaMike

Let me explain it a bit more thoroughly. Keep in mind that I am not defending the use of chloramine in any way.

At water plants the water is treated with chlorine to the point where it is considered safe by regulations and statue. In cities (especially) where you have ancient water pipes and such, chloramine is added so that if a contaminant is present between the water plant and your home or business, the chloramine is converted to chlorine which kills the bacteria (usually) and therefore it will keep the water's safety intact.

CC

10. I would find some straw instead of alfalfa. The rapid decomposition may end up hurting you more than helping you. You may also end up with a big alfalfa patch that you didn't want. Lol. One thing I've noticed is, a lot of people think hay and straw are the same thing, including myself at one point.

11. One thing I've noticed is, a lot of people think hay and straw are the same thing,

No kidding, eh?

12. I grew up around some horses and always heard the term: "straw hay" so I can understand the confusion. lol

13. @[member="Pakalolo"]
    @[member="Clackamas Coot"]

OMG keep those SLUGS off my rock in the pacific. FUCK those are crazy! Our have leptospirosis and if I could trade all of them to you for those I don't know if I could :cry: :hide:

Those would touch your feet even with slippers :bolt: :eek:

I made fig muffins gluten free ones... ONO :yummy: :hello:

14. Skyclad - what's the deal with "gluten free"?

J

15. Just found this:

http://www.plantmaps.com/

A resource for finding out your hardiness zone, where native plants grow in your region, drought conditions....

16. #15297 over dere, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014

3-D

Check out Hawaii Biochar's website and their YouTube channel. They are at the cutting edge of the biochar deal. Good people doing some great research - real-world research.

CC

17. How cutting edge can Charing wood under a vacuum get?? Please elaborate!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. LOL!

Thanks for sharing with us this evening!

19. The newest studies show gluten is not the problem but another compound in wheat.