Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. why would you think that its something else? literally makes no sense

2. need pics..

what makes you think it's a PH problem?
    do you have enough aeration in there? Heavy waterlogged soil is usually the culprit with a lot of these issues.

3. really good aeration actually lol but ye i believe that its ph because i just threw a 1/3 peat 1/3 lobster compost 1/3 perlite mix with 1 tbs of pelletized dolomite lime per gallon of soil and a handful of granite dust... i just mixed it up and threw em in there and they seem to be not liking the peat i assume cause i heard when the ph drops calcium deficient looking leaves can appear (which i have) and also one single blade on a radom leaf is dying out of nowhere like some weird shit so thats why i assume ph is low, im goin toward the path of top dress, teas, and just let em chill until the lime kicks in? does that make sense?

4. dont think i can get pics atm but maybe later on today
    dont think i can get pics atm but maybe later on today

5. oh and one homie told me i can foliar feed to get em by for now? good or bad idea?

6. pics would help tremendously..

I'm always one to leave them alone for a bit before starting to add things.. hat can complicate matters further.
    did you use promix as your peat base?
    is it coast of maine lobster compost?
    I had issues when i first used that.. it's super dense and in my experience requires more than the suggested 1/3 aeration.

7. #25587 tenshuu, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    very dense indeed. Dense with microbes!

My issue was similar to his when u tried starting clones and seeds in my base mix, but I didn't use pro mix, just Canadian spm, I didn't add dolomite by accident, killed everything off lol... I just made sure to fix my mix, and I added more crab meal, ewc, and compost to dilute my problem.

8. yeah man.. it's a great product for sure. Just sayin that it's really heavy and can use some extra aeration imo.

9. really? not very heavy for me! im currently growing big ass plants in the same exact mix but its amended and whatnot and had time to sit.... it isnt the denstiy believe me and not promix, im using the canadian sphagnum i dont remember the whole name lol but im not at home rn ill get pics later homie

10. #25590 BrassNwood, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    Down on Smokys front porch..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1186466-smokeys-perpetual-panty-run.html
    Search for pappwaynes catch n release system.. It's about temporarily diverting the primary flow of XXX letting the lesser tops play catch up as I remember.. Give it a looking over if your of a mind to.. -------------
    With fruits and veggies the bigger isn't better can be true with larger getting woody.. Cannabis is neither and the part we are harvesting resides in the trichomes covering the plant.. Not the same game.. If this was true the Nor Cal outdoor plants that reach 12 feet tall and 8 feet across are worthless or low quality??.. LMAO.. By farmers I assumed you meant the fruit and veggies growers.. LOL This might have some reasoning but only in an under lit inside grow it certainly isn't true under the sun.. 1 foot or 8 feet will have the same potency all other factors being equal in my grow.. You just get more product with a bigger plant.. In this case Bigger IS Better.. I've pushed enough clones of all sizes and various strains outside to flower at all times of the year long enough now to know I get the same thing run after run cycle after cycle.. The size of the plant has zero bearing on the quality of the end product in my experience..

BNW

11. #25591 ladyluckybean, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    thank you! i'll check that out! the farmers are mmj farmers at a market growers can go and get a booth to sell their pot and other stuff. its a good way to network anonymously until youre ready to reveal yourself because youre just a number to record and the market keeps your info private.

because you are adding calmag and getting red spots. you're not giving the full picture.**
    **oops, he just has the calmag on standby. good thing people are allowed to make mistakes around here. [​IMG]

12. Yummm.... Recently mixed up batch of soil showing activity

Attached Files:

13. almost looks fake

Attached Files:

14. Hey folks :wave: I have this nice male plant that is starting to form flowers. I am wondering how long it will be before he starts dropping pollen? I would like to take a few cuttings and just collect the pollen from a branch or two.

Attached Files:

15. hopefully that picture is clear enough^^

16. I'd throw that question at 2 different threads: Pak's and SG1's. They both have many years of respectable breeding experience. My guess is 2-3 weeks before any meaningful droppage.

17. There is a good chance that a few pollen sacs will mature and open but most take a few weeks before you have more pollen then you know what to do with. I've cut branches off and put them in water and collected the pollen. So 2-3 weeks before the early dropping but at 4 weeks you should be dusted.

18. I was reading that people take branches ,with pollen sacks, when they just start to split there skin. Then throw in a paper bag for a week or two and there it is.

19. I've never tired that but it probably works. What I do is collect pollen with a spoon and dumping it into hermetically sealed jars with a desiccate packet and place it in my refrigerator. It seems to last for months that way. I also take some out and freeze it. Both have turned out to be viable ways to save pollen and still be able to use it later. In a few weeks I'll be testing out my frozen pollen on some outdoor girls I want seeds from.