Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #25121 ladyluckybean, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    You get up the tiers of the pyramid by feeding your soil and using quality humus. As you feed the soil you will build up a diverse variety of microbes to form the carbs, proteins, and lipids the plant uses. This activity of breaking stuff down and predation of microbes into higher forms is what you're trying to build. So the longer you do no till, I think this is why it gets better and better. the SST gives you the stuff you want which helps speed these processes along.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm quite interested in how this works.

2. look around for the Coast of Maine Lobster Compost - I used it for quite a long time with excellent results.
    You'll also like some of their other organic products, including their worm castings. Here is a store locator page - http://www.coastofmaine.com/storefinder.shtml
    Good luck.

J

3. I wanna add that I'm in agreement with llb about using a barley sst. Tons of enzymes for your plants at $1.70 a pound. You can bubble it for a few hours, or you can just add it as a topdress, even can mix it in with your soil mix. I'm a lazy fuck with thx garden, I want more from less work lol, so I generally avoid act, I never remember that I have something bubbling, and other times I just don't have time to make a trip into the garden every day

4. #25124 Sc00byD00bie, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    just finishing up a 100gallon no-till grow using illumitex neosol 300. its a 300 watt, totally silent (no moving parts or fans) huge footprint and a very uniform spread. i have chopped and dried all my plants except for one which will be cut down this weekend.
    neo-sol-led.jpg

so far i have exceeded a dry weight of 350grams (not including the last plant which i estimate to weigh at least another 30grams, probably more). not sure if weight/watts ratio is still considered a good measure of performance, but if it is i can wholeheartedly recommend this light since i am already passed 1gram/watt and i still have 1 more plant to chop!

i even bought the same led modules they use in that light to make some small DIY panels for my mother and veg cab.

5. #25125 MotaMike, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    I could not log onto this site at all today through my phone but on my PC there is no problem.
    I still can't access it on my phone.
    Any ideas Chunk? [​IMG]

6. #25126 MotaMike, Jul 8, 2015
    Happiness is coming home from work to a 50 lb box of Acadian Kelp meal sitting on your porch but I am curious as the label does not say "Acadian Kelp" so I am wondering if I got what I was supposed to?

KelpMeal1.jpg

7. Should be fine Mike. Me and another user are running into the same webpage issues. Our browsers and apps aren't letting us on the site, but I can proxy through Netherlands on my phone browser and see the forum fine....
    Should be fine Mike. Me and another user are running into the same webpage issues. Our browsers and apps aren't letting us on the site, but I can proxy through Netherlands on my phone browser and see the forum fine....
    Should be fine Mike. Me and another user are running into the same webpage issues. Our browsers and apps aren't letting us on the site, but I can proxy through Netherlands on my phone browser and see the forum fine....

8. Wow tenshuu I see 14 posts of the same sentence you posted. [​IMG]

9. Hell he's just making sure he get's his point across. No problems.........[​IMG]

10. lol i have never did a tea bc im a guerilla grower and the more teas i make means alot more packing water from my house to the plots when i got a water source at the plots so i just been topdressing or i just take some material with me put it in 1 gallon jug and shake the shit out the jug and water it in. i like the fact that the barley sst can just be mixed into the soil. i read just a bit ago that barley sst contains chitosan as well from a poster on another forum idk if its true or not but if it is hell ya bc chitosan rocks. i suppose i am like u as well i want more for less LOL.

11. Quick question, pm with the answer please as my notifications don't work.
    I'm growing an auto outdoor this year and was wondering if a thin layer of pebbles every few centimetres will provide adequate aeration for the soil? I'm using cheap growing soil and homemade compost as well as chicken shit.
    Thanks!

Beer before Bud, you're in the mud
    Bud before Beer, you're in the clear.

12. Man you actually counted :D

13. #25133 willywagpole, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Here you go man [​IMG]

I'll just use one of the enzymes found in malted seeds - chitinase and for this limited discussion I'll use the chitinase salicylic acid pathway phenomenon. Use this text string at scholar.google.com - chitinase salicylic acid pathways

Most plants produce both of these compounds and some create higher levels than other plants. In the case of germinating seeds it's easy to understand why chitinase was placed there by the host plant irrespective of the pathway dynamic.

Flowering plants produce a huge array of terpenes, terpenoids and ketones which provide protection against pathogenic fungi and herbivore insects and at the same time attracting pollinators, etc. With the exception of ketones like camphor, these agents are combinations of Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen and all three elements can be sourced from the atmosphere. Notice that there isn't a single phosphorus or potassium ion to be found much less magnesium - carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. That's it.

In a potting soil regardless of how much effort we put into sourcing the very best materials the fact is that we can never get close to a true living soil like we can have outdoors. Way too many variables involved. One of the shortfalls is a lack of chitin in potting soils and that is why some of use and recommend adding a chitin-rich amendment such as crab, shrimp, lobster, crawdad meals. Microbial (bacteria mostly) create chitinase to deconstruct the layers of these shells which is calcium carbonate separated by uber thin layers of chitin.

However the malted barley seed teas will give you uber levels of chitinase which is the goal when we use the various shell meals that I mentioned.

Probably equally important is that these enzyme teas also include a complete 'nute profile' like kelp meal, neem meal, alfalfa meal and by complete I'm talking about macro, secondary and micro nutrients which is why we can use them if we have a plant that is under-performing for whatever reasons.

Looking at a couple of other enzymes in malted seeds like phosphatase and protease might be an interesting way to spend a few minutes.

HTH

CC

14. apparently the proxy didn't work well with gc and spam posted, sorry about that guys.

15. You should be good to go now Mike, I couldn't get on from my PC and it was spotty getting on through the Android app.

16. Or Russia ,they wear some strange hats up there too.lol

Sent from deep in my subconscious.

17. #25137 MotaMike, Jul 8, 2015
    Thanks Chunk.
    The quote button on my phone hasn't worked since the software update either but I am sure it will take a bit to get the bugs worked out.

18. at least twice a week I drop my lighter in my cup of coffee that is resting in my lap as I sit cross legged in front of the computer. [​IMG]

19. Lmao im sitting the same but.. Y u no put coffee on table ?

Since you shared a weird story... Every time Im about to roll a joint somehow a small hair always invites itself into my herb :(

Anyone else get this?