Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

Mmmmmmmmmm..................burp.........good looking loaf Pak!

7557rb............you nailed it   [​IMG] 

[​IMG]

2. #24082 Anatman, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    The height on these is only like 4-4.5" on the inside. I couldn't imagine yours being much flatter. Maybe when shaping the dough if you don't get the outer membrane to be really tight it could spread out a little while proofing, and maybe it won't be as tall [​IMG]

The number of loaves I've baked can be counted on my hands.

3. #24083 Anatman, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Hey GiMiK, I got a PDF request:

Fertility Without Fertilizers: A Basic Approach to Organic Gardening
    Lawrence D. Hills

And I'm in the middle of the audiobook for Siddhartha right now, haha.

Wet,

You'll be fine with your Griswolds. My Dutch oven has a very slight domed lid and I've had no problems. 

This sucks, freakin drooled all over my keybord  [​IMG]   Damn that looks good.  Gotta keep my eye on you an Pak, you guys are dangerous when you start mixing your skills.

6. That is something I am noticing this round. I have used the sst's and now the malted barley. I was looking at the glands last night and noticed they were turning. Had to look again and checked the days. I do allow 3 weeks before I consider full flower set to begin my flower cycle. I thought to myself 'no way'. Flowers are swelling also. I had them set for a June 14th to the 30th for my harvest window. Looks as though it's been moved up.

Sometimes I find the whole thing confusing.  We use kelp in our soils and water.  I've read that it stalls senescence.  Then we hit the plants with the malted barley teas and it speeds the process up.  I try not to analyze the process too much anymore.  Make everything available to the plants and they pick and choose what they want, when they want it, and in the quantity they want.  Really a pretty simple process when all the dust settles.

8. Enzymes.

I need to reread some material but this is the key. It's the reaction caused by the enzymes.

9. TY

That's the confirmation I was looking for.

I was gifted a HUGE Lodge 8qt+ (?), Dutch oven, but it has legs for use in coals/campfire. I might gift it to my neighbor who actually goes camping and hiking, quite often. IDK though, he usually hikes to camp and that thing weighs a ton.

Wet

exactly

Buck,

Here's some additional reading resources for your enjoyment.

Here's a couple

Attached Files:

I've looked high and low for over an hour, can't seem to find anything besides a print version. Luckily the local MSU library has it in, so after the holiday weekend I can go borrow and scan it there.

Siddhartha was a pretty good read; I highly recommend it to anybody even half interested in expanding their perspectives.

13. Stopped by a friend's house who used to grow but doesn't anymore because he has a kid and his wife wears the pants. Looks like he stopped into the hydro store to get bottled nutes for his veggies LMFAO. He also had a big bottle of molasses next to a bucket brewing something I dare not ask the contents of because I know I couldn't't keep a straight face. This is after telling him weekly about how much of a rip off the hydro stores are. I'm waiting for the police to raid his house, he went to the hydro store that sells bongs and such, the one that the dude who was at my house when the SWAT team arrived works at LMFAO. Truth is stranger than fiction!

I have another friend, who actually turned me on to growing about 16 years ago, still uses Pro Mix once and throws it out. Undying faith in the General Organics line. Hydro store IPM (won't set foot in his house anymore). He literally stopped puffing and just grows for others now, I can imagine why.

We live in a post modern nightmare.

14. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>You & Yeast Have More in Common That You Might Think</a>

Rip open a little package of baker's yeast from the supermarket, peer inside, and you'll see your distant cousin.

That's because we share a common ancestor with yeast, and a new study in the journal Science suggest that we also share hundreds of genes that haven't really changed in a billion years.

Edward Marcotte, a biologist at the University of Texas at Austin, knew that humans and yeast have thousands of similar genes. But, he wondered, how similar are they?

"Humans and yeast are doing not only the same thing as each other, but the same thing that their last common ancestor a billion years ago was doing. It's changed remarkably little over all of that time."

- Edward Marcotte, biologist, University of Texas, Austin

"We've been separated by a billion years of evolution," notes Marcotte. "Do those genes really work the same way?"

He figured the best way to answer that question would be to try swapping out the genetic material – basically, disable a gene in yeast, then replace it with the human version of that gene, and see if the yeast can survive.

Scientists had done this already with some individual genes, but Marcotte wanted to test a lot more - about 500 key genes that yeast need for life.

"There's a postdoc in my laboratory named Aashiq Kachroo who was willing to tackle this slightly insane project," says Marcotte. It was a brute force effort, he says, that took about three years.

What they found was that roughly half of these yeast genes could be readily replaced with the human version.

"The yeast were just fine," says Marcotte.

The researchers next looked to see if they could figure out some rules that explained why some genes were interchangeable between people and yeast and others weren't. They noted that genes tend to belong to sets that are related to specific jobs or processes in the cell - and genes in the same set tended to be either all replaceable, or not.

For example, the researchers looked at a whole bunch of genes involved in manufacturing cholesterol, which cells need to keep their shape. Almost all of the human genes for that job worked perfectly in yeast.

"Humans and yeast are doing not only the same thing as each other, but the same thing that their last common ancestor a billion years ago was doing," says Marcotte. "It's changed remarkably little over all of that time."

But this work isn't just a reminder of our deep evolutionary past, says Marcotte. Each yeast strain that's been modified to contain a human gene allows scientists to test the function of that gene. They'll be able to see if it's related to disease, and perhaps develop drugs that could affect it.

"Say somebody is born with mutations in that gene," Marcotte says. "We might be able to test that specific genetic variant in this yeast system and make a fairly educated guess about whether that would lead to a clinical outcome or not."

How can this be? The planet is only about 6000 years old! Just joking but this will cause those that believe that to go into a tizzy. They can't handle that we are evolved from apes and now we have some common ancestor with yeast.

Of course if you understand evolution then tracing it back it makes sense that we have genes in common with organisms that were around billions of years ago.

Don't you just love science? I know I do.

Pakalolo

I'm not a scientist but I can and do understand some of the universality of things and functions to the extent that even an uneducated home bread baker could figure out how to harness the power of enzymes in an organic soil.

At least now I can feel confident enough to converse with the true masters of botany - the cannabis writers. You can toss that dip-shit Elaine Ingham into that group as well.

LOL!

17. Sounds like the kind of shit Monsanto would do...

18. ken hamm kirk Cameron and ray comfort just got their corn flakes pissed on.......lol

19. Let's not forget the Duggar family - pervert central lovin' duh lord!