Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #22921 StickEnugzz, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I top like a madman, pinch super crop, squeeze and bend super crop and sometimes I spread out the plant if it wants to grow real tight by using bamboo around the perimeter of my plntr.

Sent from Skylab

2. Just multiply width x length x height in feet and that will give you your total area in CF. Then just match your exhaust fan and filter. Do the same with your fresh air supply so they are relatively close otherwise you'll have excessive negative or positive pressure inside your tent, room etc.

Sent from Skylab

3. The problem I have is that I have to exhaust that into what I call my lung room which is inside my home.

Sent from Skylab

4. I know how to calculate my room's volume, I just would like to know how many times that volume should run through the fan or filter in an hour. IE if I have 250cuft and a filter that's 50cfm, the total volume of my room would be filtered 12 times in an hour.  I'm looking for the ideal number for that.

(My room is about 250cuft, but the 50cfm filter I just pulled outta my head, I haven't bought anything yet)

5. #22925 StickEnugzz, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    http://youtu.be/SPt_xmKmgNs

Enjoy your weekend blades. Any Midwest morel reports would be greatly appreciated. Tad too early but you never know the way our weathers been running.

Sent from Skylab

6. You hit the nail on the head. CFM should give you your answer.

Sent from Skylab

stevebomb - As much as you can afford temp, electrically, noise, and pocket book wise. I shoot for 3x a minute but everything else is gravy. I ghetto fabbed mine. I got (2) 12" intakes that are run by 12" house fans that have the bases taken off. And then a s-series vortex 6" scrubbing while moving exhaust. My fans run 24/7. I keep the room under slight positive pressure. I've never seen a plant complain about too much fresh air. If your running enriched or closed c02 then that's a whole other animal.

8. Well put. CO2 cannot be utilized during lights off.

Sent from Skylab

9. What would be a reputable place to start looking at this information? So I don't have to keep asking questions like, could I run a room effectively under slight negative pressure?

10. I have not used them on my current Solis Tek ballasts no. I'll have to see how it goes and was wondering about that very issue. You know when they say E-ballast friendly it doesn't always seem to be.

11. I'm not sure of a good place stevebomb. I've always just winged it with the equipment and room design I had. Yes you can run negative pressure, many people do.

There are so many variables Steve. Like what are your intake and exhaust runs? Any 90 degree turns? Are you using hard pipe or flexi? Do you need to cool or heat your room? Are your lights isolated or are you venting through them?

HTH

He said "reputable"...

Heh, heh!

13. Whore hay says once every 5 mins is good enough.... does that count as reputable? :blink: :p

14. I thought we needed to exchange the air once a min...oh man, better go turn off my fan. This other guy on the Internet told me to pee into my Neem/Kelp tea while it was brewing to boost the N...

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

"So for the farmer in his work: serve nature and all is well. Farming used to be sacred work. When humanity fell away from this ideal, modern commercial agriculture rose. When the farmer began to grow crops to make money, he forgot the real principles of agriculture."

15. I would think as often as possible would be best, right? OD there is plenty of air exchange happening constantly :confused_2:

16. Oh yeh.... [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] ..'sweet dreams' fer shure... [​IMG]  

[​IMG]

I've had this song in my head for a week now. Now perhaps you will also.... [​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Attached Files:

17. #22938 donothinggardening, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  18. #22940 donothinggardening, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    No idea dude. Which is why I figured he needed more friendly ppl to dilute the douchy-ness :confused_2: