The Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. If you are a true 8 handicap then I would recommend you use a forged style club, not a big cavity back. The big cavity back irons are made to spin the ball less and with less spin comes less distance control and feel. I'm a 5-6 handicap and I'd never buy a set of irons like that, a full blade is a little to advanced for me tho so I play mizuno forged irons and I love em

2. Soo Rorz dropping out... Tiger still struggling... Luke Donald not taking his game up a level... Any of about 20 players could win majors this year. Looks set for an enthralling year on the tour.

3. It's a long season... But I really think Tiger and Rory will be in contention at many big tournaments this season. It wasn't too long ago that Tiger won. I think he's passing 3 wins this season.

4. There's probably a lot more than you would think

5. Tiger is gonna return to his Major winning ways this year. I'm confident

6. I think so too. He already has one win under his belt this year. Hopefully he can bring some confidence into the masters and do work

7. Thought this was funny. sorry if you all already read this.

In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that Kim Jong-il shot an amazing 11 holes-in-one to achieve an unprecedented 38-under-par game on a regulation 18-hole golf course - on his first try at golf.

With a club he designed and made himself without a club head, lol.

8. Tiger leading today.

9. Along with several others.
    I'm glad Rickie started out well. 3 strokes off the lead, I hope he puts up more than just a top 10 this weekend.

10. Anyone else watching Tiger? Up 5 shots right now!

The EASIEST way to succeed is through HARD work.

11. that ball going into the tree was a bit of a joke...

looks like the tiger of old though, got that fade working beautifully.

12. Can't wait to watch what happens tomorrow!

13. Dude... I just read that, looked up on Golf Channel, and it was that shot... And I'm blazed right now. Haha.

14. I think Tigers gonna hold on. He'd have to play bad and someone else would have to play pretty well. I'm more interested in who's gonna come in second at this point.

On a side note, I ordered some Rocketbladez Tour the other day. Can't wait till they get here. I went to the PGA Superstore to look at irons, didn't expect to really even look at the Rocketbladez but they looked good and felt good so I got them. The head wasn't near as big as I expected, which I like. They aren't a true blade but they're a good mix of blade/forgiveness.

Another side note, Tigers full name is Eldrick Tont Woods.

15. rory with a final round 65!

surprised tiger only won it by a shot.

16. Predictions on the masters anyone???

I've got Tiger winning by 3 with Stricker in second.

17. Ya I think Tiger will win the Masters, I'm gonna say he wins by 1. Bubba comes second

18. Rory wins the green jacket at last. Snedeker in 2nd.

19. Most likely going to be someone we don't expect.

20. 1/ Justin Rose
    T2 : Charl Scwartzel, Adam Scott
    T4: Brandt Snedeker Keegan Bradley

Got started with Rose and figured I'd do the whole 5.