The Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Damn you guys are lucky. It's going to dump 18" of snow on my area this Friday... But I do have a small slice of summer growing in a closet right now so I'm good. Cheers.

2. I'm gonna be trying to land a job at this golf course I've been playing at. My aunt has a friend who is good friends with the Director of some sorts... I'm hoping to really focus in on the job... That way I'll have easy access to practice areas.
    I seriously wanna put in lots of time on golf.

3. Anyone know where I could watch the PGA tournaments on the internet?

4. There's some streaming sites... . But don't ever expect HD.

5. When choosing golf clubs remember, it's not the arrow it's the Indian.

I play with some Ping Zings that are older than I am. :laughing:
    I still have no problem shooting under 80, though.

I haven't been out in a while though. I've been to the range a bunch and am hitting the ball better than I have in a long time. I can't wait to get out on the course!

6. I got the golf bug so bad right now. Tomorrow is my day off... But snow is in the forecast.

7. I'm in Wisconsin so my golf season is relatively short. Last year we had an early spring so I was out by April. God, I hope this year is the same. My second time out last year I shot a hole-in-one :D

8. Fucking 82 today. Would of saved 9 shots if I just 2 putt.

9. I love playing golf. Its very relaxing to be out on the beautiful golf courses. However I find watching it on tv extremely boring.

10. Putting was always my least favorite part of golf... you hit the ball 500 yards in two shots and get 25 feet from the pin. It then takes you three shots to get it in the hole from 25 feet away. What the fuck is that all about?

11. i practiced my putting from 10 feet on my carpet for months. Increased my putting skill tenfold. Speed and break judgement are so much easier when you know exactly how a straight ten-footer is hit, even if you don't judge the break correctly, your speed conditioning can still get you close for a tap-in two-putt.

12. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but I have the perfect rug for practicing 8ft putts... And that's what I'm doing now. Thanks for sparking that idea.

13. I want to play golf so bad today, I can't stand it. I might be able to get out and smack a few on the range.

14. I hope it wasn't on mats. I can't use the driving range, cause it feels so off to me.

15. It was. I hate that shit. Very unsatisfying

16. Does any have the Rocketballz irons? I'm thinking about getting them but wana hear some reviews about control. I know they are known for distance but I still need my control and feel. I'm about an 8 handicap.

17. Rocket ballz or rocket bladez?

18. #39 donutbread, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    I'm gonna assume I'm the only one in here who follows the PGA Tour closely? Rooting hard for Rickie Fowler to really get on a roll. He always seems to play well on Thursday and Friday, but gets killed on the weekend.

19. I've been watching the Honda classic. I'm a rory fan so I would like to see him win it again this year but when he gets off to slow starts it usually doesn't end good. I think Ricky should be in the run on Sunday tho.

The EASIEST way to succeed is through HARD work.