The Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Alright, discussion starter for the 3 of us that own this thread. Haha.

Pick 3 courses in North America that you most wish to play.

1. Bandon Dunes in Oregon
    2. Cherry Hills in Colorado
    3. Harbour Town in South Carolina.

(Tim)
    -No donut is more delightful-
    =Dumars=

2. ^^^

To many to choose from.

I live in ca and got to play pebble beach. One of the coolest things of my life.
    Dad won 4 free rounds in a raffle.

3. That's awesome. I surely would play there if someone hooked me up. But that's not gonna happen. That being said, for all the love Pebble gets, there are several courses I dream of playing before that one. Spyglass looks fun as well.

(Tim)
    -No donut is more delightful-
    =Dumars=

4. We still have 2 rds there that we will be using this summer.

5. Played a round at a little 9 hole near me last week with some buddies. First time out this year, did pretty terribly, shot like 7 over or something. Made par on 3 holes but just self destructed on a few others, bunch of bogies and double bogies.

Oh well, got out there and drank a few beers in the sun with some buds, so mission accomplished.

6. Alright. Guessing game for me. You're in... South Carolina?

Nah I live in Canada. Near Vancouver, B.C. actually. We've had some great weather these past few weeks, finally warm enough to really enjoy a round.

Meanwhile out east it's extreme cold warnings all over lol.

8. Damn you. Been snowing the past 3 weeks here in Denver and I'm gonna go crazy if I don't get out for some golf before mid-March.

9. Anyone managed to head out for a round or two this year?

It's been wet miserable and cold over here. Spent most of my time on the driving range trying to dial in my clubs.

Going well, I'm hitting some decent shots & getting my consistency back!

But only time will tell, will have to see what the course brings! Going to try and play next Friday. Weather dependant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. 2-3 times a weeks.
    This is my club. http://buttecreekcountryclub.com
    I can't wait. Going to watch the wgc match play championship next month in SF

11. Played a couple times in the past month.

Chipped in for birdie on my first hole yesterday, later hit my tee shot on a par 3 in the water, came within 2in of holing my par from 70yds away. Crazy round. Feeling pretty good about getting into the lower 80s by the end of the season.

One thing that sucks is I can never hit more than three good tee shots with a Driver per round. Seriously, that club is the hardest part of the game for me. Slice-a-rama.

Just got hired back on at the local muni again for my 3rd season on the grounds crew. Which means hella cheap golf! I'm pumped.

12. I need to get out as soon as!

Sick of not being able to play. The driving range just doesn't cut it.

Trying to get out Easter Monday for a round. Will let you know how I get on with that one.

Really want to try and get my handicap down. It's my short game that's letting me down. I can drive straight as an arrow, yet always over hit my irons.

Any tips for practicing whilst at the range.

I'm currently going through my clubs taking averages, so should hopefully improve my game if I undoubtedly know what club is best to use.

Other than that, any other things you do when you go to practice range?

13. Well, I have some range habits that need to go.
    I really wanna focus in on playing the range, rather than hitting on it. What that means is, playing shots like you're on the course. Say, Driver-7i, or 3w-5i-Wedge.
    I'm really gonna try to employ this process.

Another thing I wanna do to improve in-round is my course management. I shouldn't be trying to go for the green from over 190 when there are hazards on both sides (bunkers, water, etc).

I'm really practicing my chipping in my backyard. Though, its only good for honing my technique. Same thing with the putting mat in my garage. I go out there, pack a bowl, and hit putt after putt from about 6ft.

I'm committing to staying sober during my rounds and practicing at the course. Reason is, the strong suit of my game is my putting. Ironically, I lose a little bit of my feel when I'm high.

Idk, maybe I'll make rare occasions with my Magic Flight Launch Box.

14. Anyone think tiger will play in masters.

15. Managing to get out for a round today. Weather is perfect. No wind, nice and warm so will be heading over to the course in a couple of hours.

Golf bag is packed and ready, looking forward to that first drive off the tee!

Will let you guys know my numbers on return and may take a snap of the course if I remember! 😃

16. Wonder what the cut line will land at.

17. So how about that Jordan Spieth eh? Fucker is only 6 months older than me and he won the Masters, broke the course record too for good measure, 19 under on THAT course, jesus. Walked away with $1.8 million, goddamn...

18. Actually he TIED the course record with Tiger at 18 under. But yea. Must be nice to play like that.

19. #279 donutbread, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    View of hole 18 at my course, taken from just past the front tees.

Unfortunately, snow is back now so I can't play til next week. :(

All of you guys should be posting a pic from where you play. Would really love to see this thread grow and become more picture-driven.

Attached Files:

20. And he missed the easy birdie put to close out the tourney. That would have passed Tigers tourney record as well.
    Been playing a lot recently. Picked up these bad boys.
    Tiger tiger woods yall.

Attached Files: