The Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Luvs2splooj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Waiting about a month so I can get my job back at the local golf course. 5 bucks for 18 holes. There's actually 3 1/2 courses in my district that I get a discount. The cheapest one being 3 bucks per 18. Pretty sick deal, and I love working outside and around golfers.
    Hoping to upgrade my Irons soon. Not a big upgrade. Maybe some solid Tommy Armours or Wilsons.

2. Any of you guys been to a PGA Tour event? I actually really enjoy watching that on TV, and I just bought my Round 4 day pass for the BMW Championship in September. That's the final playoff event before the Tour Championship. I've never been to a tourney in person, so I'm pumped to hear the pure strike of a top 70 player.

3. #203 Jr.9109, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Wouldn't mind going but have not yet. And I tend to watch golf every Sunday nice and relaxing.

Just got 50 Srixon Q-stars AAAA grade in the mail today, Cleaned my clubs up Tuesday and got my bag all cleaned out. All ready to move South and enjoy some nice courses :)

Also since I mentioned AAAA grade balls, who else here buys golf balls used? Hell of a lot cheaper, got my 50 for 37.95 and if I were to buy new it would have been a little over a 100 bucks.

4. I'm not to the point in my game where I'm picky about which ball I use. When I work at the local golf course from March-November, I find at least 20 balls each week.
    One time I was on my own on the course and decided to explore a little wooded area surrounding a creek and I found about 12 alone in there. Its pretty nice not having to pay for balls.

5. I buy golf balls on closeout every year. I am *just* picky enough that I want a urethane covered ball for sure for the short game spin.
    Usually don't pay more than about $25/dz for balls that go for $40-50 new/dz.
    Have lined up for 2014:

Wilson FG Tours > Nice surprise of 2013 for me.
    Callaway Chrome+ Yellows
    Bridgestone B-330S
    1 box of PV1's I got with a coupon.

6. I certainly understand the preference of golf balls, for sure. I'm just so inconsistent, it doesn't matter if I'm hitting a nice Srixon ball, or a Noodle ball. Lol.

Hoping to get in more hours of practice this season. I wanna be ready for the "Maintenance Madness" tourney at my home course this summer.

7. Who's spending this wonderful April weekend watching the masters? Studying, dabs, and golf, happy Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #208 donutbread, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    This final round is so fun to watch. Gotta root for the young Spieth... But that tee shot by Bubba on 13 was unbelievable. Wraps it around the trees and has a wedge in to setup an eagle putt.

Just after I say that, he hits his ball a disappointing 30+ ft from the hole.

9. Any players in the gta on here? Just found this tread today lool! Im a decent player shoot mid to high 80s on average when in form season just started here not to long ago so obviously need to get sone practice in!

Chase you? Bitch, I dont even chase my liquor!

10. #210 donutbread, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    The GTA? What's that? I'm in the Greater Denver area. Not really sure what my handicap is, but a typical score for me is 85-95.

Why is it I figure out what I was doing wrong in my swing AFTER I hit 60 range balls and went home? I mean, I get free unlimited baskets, but still.
    Its pretty much just my woods and driver that I tend to fuck up with. That dreaded slice... I just can't bring myself to not try to power through from the top of my swing. I'm way too fast and its causing the clubhead to impact the ball with an open face.

Edit 05/05/14:
    Played a quick 9 today after work. Seems I'm always trying to play for my slice/fade (it varies). But sometimes I aim left and I just pure it straight. So damn frustrating.

11. Man, there's really no active golfers on here.. Maybe those few of us on here need to transfer to TheSandTrap for golf discussion.

12. Shot 67 today from 7,100 yards with my first ace ever, best round of my life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Damn, son! I've chipped in 2 times in a row on the same hole this past week... That's my best accomplishment of this season. Well, 3 birdies in 9 holes was a feat for me.
    My game continues to improve slowly. But there's always that one part of my game that will be off during a round. Been my driver recently.

14. Im usually good to shoot anywhere in the 80s just cant seem to keep my drive consistent lately its killing my long game. My short game is my best asset next to being a one putt king lool.

Chase you? Bitch, I dont even chase my liquor!

15. Going to go play Arnold Palmer designed 'Lone Tree' Golf Club again today. 3 birdies on the back 9 last time, including a nice chip in out of the rough.
    Awesome thing is that its like $75 for 18 w/cart... But I pay $12 for that.
    Part of my parks and rec district employee benefits.
    I love golf, both playing and watching... But there's no way I'd be as happy as I am right now if I couldn't play 36-54 holes a week like I've been doing.
    Now if I could just get in the 80s... Lol.
    My putting is really coming along. Two putts or less consistently when I get on the green.
    Ball striking is still a roller coaster. Haha.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. What did you guys think of the performances in the Open Championship.

Rory played outstanding and had room to make many a mistake going into the last day.

I was however impressed with Garcia's grit. Put in a lot of effort and came away with a few nice shots bringing him at his closest just 2 shots behind Rory. Was brilliant to watch.

What's your thoughts?

17. Rory and his once-in-awhile show of dominance. I wonder when the next major will come when he's hot again like this.
    Great performance though...

I'm just happy for my man Rickie. I've been a fan of him basically since he went pro. Its really really nice to see his game inching closer to the top. And its pretty damn close. He was holing putts left and right. Joining up with Butch Harmon was an absolutely fantastic decision.
    He's probably my favorite for Valhalla (PGA Championship). And I can't wait to see his beautiful swing in person at the BMW Championship this Sept.

18. I agree with what you said about Fowler. He played really well and deserved to be up there.

But nothing compares to Rory when he is at his best. His swing is unbelievable. And the distance he gets on his drives is unreal. However, I like that he isn't afraid to use an iron instead of his driver. A very smart player.

19. Bought some brand new Cobra Amp Cell irons. Big upgrade for me over the early 2000s Wilson irons I was using. Much more forgiveness and muscle to these new irons. My set is nearly completely upgraded. Got my Adams driver, 3w, and 3h, Cobra 4i-GW, Mizuno Faldo 56 wedge, and an old school 60 wedge. Odyssey Rossie II putter.
    Got a "Maintenance Madness" tournament coming up with the grounds crew I work on. Hoping to put together a good team win with a near-scratch golfer and a couple over-90s players.

You watching the PGA, Smokey?

20. You guys seem to be better than I am. I played my first par 3 course this morning. And hadn't shot since moving in February. Was 10 over. My swing has left me for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app