Silverback Gorilla vs. Grizzly Bear - Who would win in a fight?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jackhos, Jan 25, 2013.

1. by environment i mean the gorilla is capable of picking up rocks or tree lims and using it as a weapon while a bear can't do this.

2. damn never expected this thread to blow up like this. obviously bear would be the favorite but the dray123 dude really dropped some knowledge bombs on the last few pages 

bunch of crazy good points and arguments, except that one i highlighted

[​IMG]

4. A gorilla doesnt needs stick and stones man he has 2 inch canines over 1300 pounds of bite force and the strength to rip most living creatures limb from limb.

5. Thats a lie they have never been pitted against each other to my understanding but if they had a gorilla is much to strong for a grizzly.

7. The bear seldom strikes with its claws it uses its paws anyone who has been hit by a bear has been hit by the paw and not the nails animals and humans alike. Those arms mean nothing if they are broken in pieces. The gorilla wins.

8. Feel like stay is giving some inaccurate information. Bears are bigger and have a stronger swipe due to having bigger and stronger forearms than gorillas. The gorilla would get mauled to death.

9. No...no it doesn't.

10. Bottom line: ape wins.

11. i would like to know were smokehound got his facts cuz i did research and a grizzly bear can lift over 500kg, 0.8 times its body weight while Silverback Gorilla can lift something 2,000kg (as heavy as 30 humans), over 10 times their body weight. the silver back is stronger period the only thing the bear has over him is height, size, teeth and claws, gorilla has everything else Gorilla Wins will prolly die after the fight because of all the claw marks and bites but he will finish the fight.

12. Bears have that thick ass hide that a gorilla couldn't begin to pierce. The bear would win hands down. The people saying the gorilla would win are mad.

13. Gorilla. If it can rip a humans arms out of it sockets then a bear should be a cake walk.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. We all know the answer to this. 

[​IMG]

15. It would be a tough battle but I would have to say silverback.  A gorilla is way more faster and smarter.

It's not a battle I would want to ever see though

16. No offense but anyone who actually looks up their facts about silver back gorillas and then about grizzly bears and still thinks somehow that the grizzly would win is is an idiot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Are you kidding? The silver back would be wearing the bear as a coat in 15 seconds.

18. kinda hard to make a coat of something when your guts have been spilled out on the ground.

19. Grizzlies are beautiful, intimidating creatures, but a silverback has agility, dexterity, and more capabilities. A bear cant really grab with one hand.

(phototropism is fun)

20. the silverback obviously, because he has thumbs, and you need those to weild a katana.