Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. No problem, thanks for the interest and let me know if you have any more questions about the build or fertilization. I used to use MiracleGrow's Organic Mix, but I added 2 cups of perlite for every 6 cups of potting mix. Now I use my own true organic mix that I made with Inthegarden's and Jerry's and a few other's help. It's about 1/3 perlite, too. I've seen the square buckets a few other places if you don't have a cat, restaurants kitchens and hardware stores to name a couple, but you can always buy Rubbermade bins or the like. Keep the height of your grow area in mind when choosing. Good luck and enjoy, I love mine.

2. Hey everyone I know this is a "dead thread" but I promised pics once I had em, scrogs finally going

Attached Files:

3. no reason to keep it dead, aint like people are gonna stop making kickass scrog screens ;D

4. Exactly ;) haha

5. cool man, I wouldn't call it dead, it's only been a couple of months

6. #46 CannaClay, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    I just made mine with 2x2 and some nylon mason string that cost me roughly 3 bucks. I drilled holes every 3" to weave the string through and kept it in place at the end by simple putting a small screw in the hole where the string went through. The screen is about 30"x30" Working fine so far. Im growing GHS TW.
    Is it time to switch to 12/12???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the input

7. You could most certainly switch to 12/12 at this point Kapt, or keep her vegging and grow a bigger bush. :D

8. Yeah my purple wreck has been stretching inches a day since the flip so anytime now and you're golden.

9. Alright cool. I just need a blackout sheet to put over the door just to make sure no light gets in.

10. Yeah any heavy black fabric will work, long as you can't see light through it. I do recommend panda film, it gives a nice clean white work area and 100% opacity if you can find a way to fix it to your door. :hello:

11. very nice!!! I can't wait until buds start forming on mine, eek! haha. But seriously...

12. Ramp Scrog!

1372444589594.jpg

Sent from my HTC One V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. 1372483136639.jpg
    Its large and in charge but I like it lol
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Nice one, that thing's a monster!

Xandur

http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

15. Guess i'll toss mine up here for shits n giggles :p
    1372590687079.jpg
    Its homemade, just some wire and large pieces of twist ties woven into a makeshift screen. Works for me ;)

Take a peak http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1221460-Cfl-Box-Grow,-Round-#2#entry18148508

16. I am about to start my own scrog, but im not sure when you are supposed to start flowering. Ive read that you switch when your screen is about half full, but ive also read that you wanna go ahead and switch to flowering as soon as your plant reaches the screen..if anyone could clear this up for me, id be very appreciative.

17. #58 joe 60, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013

you need the sceen to be more than 70% full before you flower, also you want a node in every 2" square as the nodes need light and space to grow bud and a full canopy will use the light to the max and give you that top yeild you want

just flowing a week early you could lose you 30% of your yeild

18. You don't necessarily need to have a node in every hole, but you certainly can if you want. I like to do fewer colas that are fatter, makes for an easy trimming job. And if you have a perpetual garden, that will be a big deal. You can flower at half full if you choose.

Further, the more packed in the tops are, the greater a chance for mold to form, bugs to infest, etc and the light penetration with fewer tops is also to your advantage.

Xandur

http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

I have done a perpetual grow and know how to fill a screen with no veg time under the screen
    and have done for years

but if you feel only filling part of your screen works for you, carry on