Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. holy shit!!! I totally didn't understand scrogging my first grow. Lol. Next grow will definitely be getting knowledge from you and letter.

anytime man.. just shoot a PM and i'll be happy to help.
    it's easy as hell tho.. just keep tucking till you can't tuck anymore..

View attachment 1384458

3. 11 plant scrog plus 4 auto white widow (not under scrog)  with 3 1000watt hps. 

Attached Files:

Love ya work mate.

5. 41 days into flower

Attached Files:

6. #306 greaterthings123, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    Here is my 7x4 scrog in a 5x4 space.  Whatcha think?  50 watts per sq ft of floor space... Blackwater OG.JPG WIN_20141230_220608.JPG WIN_20141230_220616.JPG WIN_20141230_220640.JPG

7. Beautiful

8. Just started 12/12

WIN_20150110_180458.JPG

9. Here are my babes in full bloom! I was going to harvest today but I will give them a few days more, just to get all of them flowers ripe and to complete 3 weeks of flushing, I know that 2 are enough, but I like my buds tasty. This was my first SCROG and I promised coming back with some results. So here they are

I encountered 4 main problems during my SCROG:

1. I used 2 different varieties (AK48 & NL), this was a mistake, you should only use 1 variety looking for a better uniformity in all aspects, from growth rate to flowering time, so always try to go with one variety.

2. Because of the difference in time between the varieties you should really pay attention to your plant, In my case I overdid the tucking of the plants, so most of them stayed at screen level, they still flowered very nicely but I had some vertical space to get my light higher which I didn't use... For some this could be a pro but not in my case.

3. Because I did not have a cool tube I vented the area well and got an extractor but the area always was a few degrees hotter, in the really hot days this was a bitt of an issue so I put in some extra ventilation, to this I add that I was away for two weeks and my bro was helping them out left them unatended  for 3 days, no water, and this obviously had a negative effect on the babes.

4. This is a future problem, but I can tell already that harvesting the babes is going to be a real bitch, more labor which is fine with me as I enjoy it, but for some lazy dudes this will be an issue.

So, hit me with some feedback, what do you guys think!?

:smoke:

Attached Files:

10. 5 feet by 15 feet net on top of 5 25 gallon pots. 17 day veg

Attached Files:

11. And it begins.....

[​IMG]

Ill post again when it's a bit more impressive lol 

12. Hey Gold in your experience what would you normaly pull from this type of grow as far as total weight with one plant?

13. Filling in nicely

Attached Files:

Usually about a pound or just slightly under of quality bud and a few oz of popcorn and good trim that will become hash. That's with a 600w HPS

15. Sweet! Very nice grow. Keep us updated

16. Tuck and roll...tuck and roll...another training session today

Attached Files:

17. So any advice on the training as far as do you keep everything under the screen all the time or do you let them grow up a bit and say tall enough to reach the next square with a tuck. Any thoughts

18. Filler up!

Attached Files:

19. Letting tops grow up enough to reach the next square is best.  Also, evaluate your plant and imagine how it will spread as it grows.  My biggest limiting factor is not having a plan and using random "tucking".  I end up having criss-crossing branches putting unnecessary stress on the plant, not to mention a higher risk of breaking a branch.  AW's at the top of this page is SO perfect.  That old fuck can scrog.