Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

I will say, that I could trim during veg due to the circumstances. I overfilled my screen assuming that one of the three regs were going to be male. Now I have nice bud above the screen and blocks of decent to popcorn bud under the screen. Should have trimmed more. I agree that I try not to remove leaves if I can avoid it. Liked your 7th grade biology line, I remember GG throwing it down on someone early in this thread.

I like your setup Ice. I've seen your intelligent grow journal, great stuff. What were your yields like in the 2x4, hid/hps vs led?

2. Thanks :)

The LED setup at 540W vs my previous 1000w HID was very similar in yield.  The LED grow actualy gave me my highest gram per watt ever, and the yield was my 3rd largest out of 9 or 10 grows. I would say the yield was a success, and the quality was much better than HID...most LED grows quality is better :)

3. Hey bro wow, thanks, Ill follow your advice, but, when should I clear the lower foliage that is obviously not going to make to the top?
    thanks  :smoking:

4. Anytime by the 3rd week of flower is what I go by.

After that it might be a bit stressful on the plant.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Sweet letter! thanks for the help and advice! Ill update my scrog later on, its getting really nice! 

6. Here is an update, the babes are looking great, really healthy, I havent trimmed anything... It all looks pretty good but I can visualize a future problem that I will have to deal with and its the diference in the varieties: AK48 (sativa dominance) and NL (indica).

I think I will start to flower in one week, the screen looks pretty full, about 70%, I have been moving my lights around and it does wonders for me, I also focused the light on the sides of the screen to give them a little extra help, because of what I have read, the centre of the screen will always grow a little more because of the direct light from the HPS bulb.

So, what do you guys think? Looking good?

Attached Files:

7. Lookin pretty good.  Have you gotten any branches running sideways?  I think that is how you get the most tops... but then again, I've only scrogged once.

Yes sir, I do, I actually try to move most of the branches to the sides in order to get full potencial of the HPS,  and well, the center looks nice. I am looking foward for that moment that there is no more tucking or trimming to do, just sit back and see them flower... :smoke:  

9. 1415738395062.jpg

Getting ready to transition to flower.

Trying an experiment with this clone. I'm letting the outer 2 squares grow up and through the screen.

The last grow with this plant those outer squares only stretched about 8 inches.

The thought here is to let them go approximately a foot above the screen before flipping to 12 12.

In a few days I'll let the 3rd ring of squares come up through the screen prior to flipping.

On the flip I'll let the middle cone through on day 1.

10. INTERESTING!  I did the outside squares thing on accident.  I vegged too long, and my pictures were low quality so it was hard to get advice for when to switch to 12/12.  A thought you may consider is to weave the branches through your screen.  This is easy if you don't weave the screen itself to begin with.  I had to do it by mishap... ie, I didn't know that most people weave their screen and I didn't have any place to pull branches, but weaving through unweaved screen was easy.  I like how the weaving produced tops.   

It seems like it is NOT to late to change your screens style.  Maybe change from the construction netting?

11. I can't weave... In order to water in have to be able to move the lid. I think it would tear it up.

I'm hoping by letting the growth come through the furthest edges first they even up at the end of the stretch.

The branches directly under the light stretched about 20" by the time it was done.

12. DAMN!  20 inches.  I felt my own got uncontrolled pretty quick.  I need to pick up a good camera so you guys can see what I see.

13. I think you could benefit GREATLY by adding a reflector of sorts to your CFLs.  Take an hour+ walking through LOWES or HOMEDEPOTS hvac and ventilation areas.  You would be surprised at how cheap you could rig something up for cheap.  Remember how most of your light is coming off the sides of the bulbs.  Yours are pointing straight down.  See what you can do with this.  Y splitters that plug into a power bar work awesome.  Then you can mount the power bar to virtually any reflective surface.  Just be careful. 

Hey bro you are more than right, I should get some reflector for the bulbs, bit the problem is that I dont really have a homedepot or a lowes anywhere close to me, so it gets kind of hard, thats the reason the Im using the big fat bulbs por the best distribution, wich I know its not the best but they are doing fine, I will update with a pic tomorrow, I will start to flower in a few days! Thanks for the advice greater!

I'm curious why you think the igger bulbs aren't as good?  I'm no expert with light or much at all really, but everything I've heard about cfls is how bigger is better especially with cfl.  The more watts going through a single bulb usually puts out a higher lumen ratio AS WELL AS better penetration (light stays more useful further away from the bulb).   

I think at in terms of CFLs, you are doing great by your bulb choice... that is, as long as you have the right spectrum for flower and veg or even better, a mix during both periods.

I'm excited to see your flowering times ahead.  You have definitely kept them healthy so far!

16. Here's she is 3rd day of flower.

1416455991615.jpg
    1416456003717.jpg
    1416456015203.jpg
    1416456036716.jpg

17. Royal queen-Critical 25 day's 12/12. four foot eight lamp t5, 2x2 screen.
    1417207733963.jpg

18. I just want to say your screens are so sexy all of you

19. #300 AugustWest, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    got this little 4 x 3.5 one currently running..
    week 8 of 12/12..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1