Post those SCROG screens

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by uneek, Jan 23, 2013.

1. #181 AugustWest, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014

respectfully disagree sir.

if it works for you,then great.

but to say that i don't know what i'm doing because i don't take the leaves of of my plants isn't accurate.

2. #182 GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014

Jesus Christ August! Epic as always 

3. 90% of growers defoliate and it has proven to boost yields. I'm not telling you to go chop all the leaves off. In fact I'm not telling you to do anything. If you don't want to use this amazing technique don't. This is the Internet I'm not gonna sit here and bitch back and forth. Thank you for being respectful though AW, always liked the cut of your jib

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #184 GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014

You're wrong about 90% of growers doing it and wrong about it helping yield. Pick up any children's biology book and look up photosynthesis and it will explain how different parts of the plant function. The leaves collect energy, and bud and growing tips use that energy. Take away the leaves and the plant will not be able to make as much food as it previously could. It's not exactly quantum physics

5. Portable scrog 2 plants in their own 3 gallon tubs, placed in a 10 gallon tub with pvc frame and screen attached. The goal is to have a perpetual harvest scrog without wasting any space. My tent is perfectly sized to hold 3 of these. We will see how it works out.

Attached Files:

6. Argue all you want, in fact I didn't even read your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #187 AugustWest, Jul 12, 2014

yeah donno where that statistic came from, but i also disagree with the 90% number.

8. :smoking: What do y'all think for a first go round?

9. that's looks beautiful man

10. I don't know why its upside down, my bad.

11. My first scrog, 1 plant under 250W. Been vegging approx. 6-7 weeks. (looks so puney compared to others who are using such better set ups) Probably flip it this weekend as its going to take 11 weeks to flower and trying to get away in the fall but don't want to leave the plant unattended for a few days right at the very end.

IMG_0917.JPG

12. What's up blades.

This will be how my scrog setup will be after this first run is up. The screen isn't drawn in at the very top, but there will be a 2" x 2" string grid at the top. The black cylinders represent the 5gal equivalent air pots and the transparent boxes at the bottom are just drainage collection. They will be under the Solarstorm 880w.

[​IMG]

13. #194 InternationalHarvester, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Yea at the moment I can't grow in my 4x4 and I am down to my 2x4 tent. The screen will be 20" x 45" which I don't think will be terrible. I am not comparing myself to gg, hopefully one day I can see results like his, but his screen is slightly wider but slightly shorter and he got 14oz of premo bud and 6oz of popcorn and trim from his last grow, so I think she will do me good once I get some more experience under my belt. It's 20" from the floor to the bottom of the pots and then 2' from the bottom of the pots to the screen. Hope those numbers help some. 

14. Unrelated, but what program did you use to draw that?

15. Rhino is my go to program.

16. #197 GoldGrower, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    My latest ScrOG...
    1 plant
    4' x 4' tent
    600w HPS  

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thanks.  I am downloading the 90 day trial as we speak.  Is it pretty easy to get around?

18.  Yea I think so. There are a lot of online tutorials to help you along the way. You should be able to download Rhino 5 for free but you only get 5 saves on it, but you have complete access to the program so you can still learn it at your own pace. 

19. Your screen looks great GG.  :hello: