Favourite childhood video games.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by hannahanarchy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Crash Team Racing for the PS1!
    Anyone else remember this game from their childhood? I found the the disk the other day and got right back into it again.

It only took me 2 or 3 hours to get to the part where you race Nitrous Oxide at the end. Forgot how fuckin fun it is! Now I'm trying to get all the CTR tokens. :cool:

Gotta love Crash Bandicoot. :hello:

What were your favourite games back in the day?

2. not necessarily this the 7800 but same game ;)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ8qNjya0B0]Food Fight Atari 7800 - YouTube[/ame]

3. I used to play crash team racing all the time that game is awesome. Also the Medal of Honor games for the ps1 were sick.

4. Never played the ps1 Medal of Honor games but the ps2 ones are pretty good.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games were always one of my favourites. At the time it had to be one of the best games, in fact it still is. I always have liked the extreme sports games, hours were spent on SSX too.

5. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. I probably spent 8+ hours a day playing the THPS games when I was a preteen, but THPS2 was my steez. That game influenced my teenage hobbies and music taste more than anything else has ever influenced me.

Otherwise, just about anything N64. DK64 was always my favorite.

6. My favorite games of my early childhood were Super Mario 3, Super Mario world and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Later on it was Starfox 64

7. Twisted Metal 1

I absolutely loved playing as the big rig back in that game haha

8. #8 Philosiraptor, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course Tony Hawk 1 and 2

• Like Like x 1
  9. Earthbound, Super Mario World, the Home Alone game on snes (so fucking ridiculous lol), super smash bros, Zelda OOT, pokemon (blue and red of course), final fantasy 7...

list goes on and on hahah

10. Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2
    Mx vs Atv Unleashed
    Smash Bros
    Mario Kart
    Ratchet and Clank

11. Lol, I forgot about home alone. That game was dope.

12. Hell yeah, I used to love me some Twisted Metal. Used to play that shit for HOURS.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Underground got me into skateboarding and I never looked back. I used to play the shit out of NFS: Most Wanted too and it really got me into cars. I actually downloaded it off the PSN store and beat it all over again just recently.

GTA III and Vice City, didn't really get into San Andreas until a bit later.

Age of Empires 2 and the expansion they released for it pretty much got me into strategy games for PC.

13. Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, NBA Hangtime

14. The Tony Hawk games had some wicked punk music in them!

15. syphon filter, resident evil and ff7 spent many hours on those games, and of course the first gta game as well.

16. RIP Rare, old friend.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tqBQ7kaiQ]Medieval PS1 Walkthrough part 2 The Graveyard - YouTube[/ame]

<3

18. then when the NES came out..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcVUSpvO740]Contra (NES) Perfect Run - YouTube[/ame]

19. Star Fox 64 all day man

TiG

20. I'm going serious old-school Atari 2600 days - my favorite game forever and ever was Yars Revenge. I could play that for HOURS and often did.

I love it though that NES and N64 games are considered OLDSCHOOL now - even though they came out over a decade AFTER the real old-school video games.