Is legalization in CO going to affect real estate?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Budboy007, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hey fellow smokers, my first post just curious if anyone knows if real estate prices in Colorado will go up in the next few years? I know a lot of people want to move there, including me, and would this cause a waiting period for anyone trying to move? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Keep :smoking:

2. i wouldn't expect "waiting periods", just be crafty with where you look. websites like hotpads, etc. are excellent at helping you to locate something. realistically, prices and demand are going up, because it's kind of the shiz to live there right now. but, don't worry about that, they're not going up over night or to astronomical heights or anything. you'll be aight.

3. Foreclosures are still chugging along. I doubt there will be a housing shortage.

4. #4 Bluesman55, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    We moved to Denver from Dallas a year ago last November AND WE LOVE IT....everyone is weed conscious, you can now grow 12 plants for your own use...it use to be 6 per med card
    Ive lived in Florida ,Texas,NY state and now Colorado..... Denver is a cool city full of hydro shops , there are some 1000 dispensarys just in the Denver area...houses are out there but the renting market is hot right now.....so get ah going. If you love weed you'll love Denver,Im 57 one of the old hippies from 1971 in Hollywood Calf.
    :D:D

5. there are parts of colorado where a house can be 100k, and parts of colorado where that very same house will be around a million

so... i mean... it depends where you go....

On top of the fact colorado is at the bottom of the market right now haha

6. Lakewood and Inglewood are nice places ...it took us a year renting a apt to find the side of town we wanted to locate in. We now rent a 2400 foot 2 story solar house for $1250:00 a month, it was a good find check it out... that was the price of a 3-3 apt we rented for a year... lol so you can find some real deals out there...

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      643.7 KB
      Views:
  7. Big picture wise...no not really. It's a big thing for us because we care about this issue,but to CO in general, it's not that important.

8. #8 Bluesman55, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    [/COLOR]This weekend is the only thread I have started in years,I had to speak up on the condensation we now live in this awonderful place[[COLOR].It took a year to decide where to locate. There are some relay bad places in the east/north in Denver.If you want to have fun like exploring all the roads that go through the mountains, lots to do there, hicking, swimming ,riding if you have a bike or motorcycle... and the weather is just great most of the time. We love this town the people are respectable and friendly..We love it here and will never move.[COLOR="Blue"[COLOR="Blue"]]o[COLOR="Blue[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]ide don't'know were it's like shit according to the other member,he could be smoking that "weak despondency/ med-mmj store weed! they shake all the THC they can to produce hash/keefer thus lowering the count to be sold as smoking herb, so just come on up find a nice rent house and grow your own, it will turn out much better...:hello::hello::hello::cool:

9. Hell yeah dude my plan is to move from MN (NOT a good state to smoke or ride a bike in), get a bike, and start growing... you'll definitely see my grow journal up in a year or so :)

10. Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it! My tax returns went through, so in a couple weeks I'll be on my way down there from MN! Anyone know of any cheap hotels or hot spots I should visit when I'm there?

11. Well, it's not surprising Colorado is at the bottom of the market right now...

The market is at the bottom of the market right now. :mad:

12. that's kinda what was implied

Cannabis can't alter the national market so co won't move much if at all haha

13. #13 Bob Barker, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
    Can you link info about said 12 plant count increase? Or is that for 2 people under one roof?