Javascript

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by SourBlunt, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Does anyone here know of any good books that teach you JavaScript language? I'm pretty good with computers/repair but I am a complete noob when it comes to writing code. I'm using a site called www.codingacademy.com to learn through practice, but I need a book that explains it in greater detail. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. #2 Deleted member 409203, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2023

3. #6 The Incredible, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    :rolleyes: lol that is nitpicking at small bullshit... and read up on what people had to say about w3fools. That also was written 2 years ago... im sure since then W3 schools fixed anything that isnt a developer argument problem.

Before you try to discredit a source make sure you cant discredit your own.

4. Small bullshit matters in programming.

On topic - here are some better resources:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/

Essential JavaScript And jQuery Design Patterns

Contents -- Eloquent JavaScript

5. #8 The Incredible, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
    lol not the stupid shit they were pointing and since then it has apparently been fixed probably to make the herpa derps at w3fools happy.

It gave me a good chuckle though that you thought that was a credible discredit

6. I wasn't "discrediting" w3schools - just pointing out they are known for out of date and incorrect information. Which isn't something you should be recommending anyone when there are better resources out there...

7. You posted a website that is out of date and full of wrong info... lol

W3 schools is a very useful resource for a beginner.

8. That's only because w3schools modified content that should have been correct in the first place :p

Obviously you have some sort of positive sentiment towards w3schools, and I'm not sure why...but I'd prefer not to argue over this.

OP - Check out the Douglas Crockford video lectures - Crockford on JavaScript: A Public Lecture Series at Yahoo!. I've heard they're good.

9. Lol I completely forgot I made this thread. Okay so I plan to learn html and css first. I will also heck out the vids. Thanks for the replies everyone.