But What Do I Know?...

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PsychedelicSam, Jan 20, 2013.

1. I have a pest spray that is rosemary oil. Insects hate that shit. I doesn,t kill them on contact but is does kill them. I have never used it on plants. I will have to research this further.

2. And then there were 9. So far I have found 3 males and removed them. There are a couple of more that could turn but I think most are going to be female, which means I need to cull 3 more. I can only grow 6 with my limited space and I have one that already takes up most of the table.

I have to renew my apartment lease in a couple of weeks and they'll want to do a walk thru to ensure I haven't trashed the place. So, I have to figure out a way to hide my plants for a few hours without shocking the heck out of them. Maybe I can hide them in a box with just the 20" grow tube to keep the photoperiod stable and prevent too much heat buildup, but I'll have to take down the lights, too and clean up all the grow stuff which means a lot of work and pain after putting it all back up again.

Oh, well such is life. Might have a camera next week so you can see the girls. :D

3. Haven't had a tune lately, so let's try this.

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0]Don't Bogart That Joint! - YouTube[/ame]

4. A potheads classic bro,:smoking: I love that song and I think I saw you in one of those old pics:D
    mj:smoking:

5. And then there were 7. I just plucked another 2 males and I'm pretty sure the rest are female. And I have one that's ready to clone if I were going to do that, which I'm not. What's also strange is that I have a few that are going bonsai on me. Whenever I lst a branch, it turns in a different direction and then again and again. I have a couple that have branches that look like snakes, little ones, just undulating around where ever it pleases, like a Kush. I'll show you when I get a picture.

I did find an interesting item growing in the soil of one of the males. Mushrooms. Or I think they could be mushrooms, but I frankly don't know what they are. They're not showing in any other one, yet. You ever seen these? :confused:

Attached Files:

6. They look like mushrooms. Did you use store bought soil?

7. Yeah, but I've done that before, but this was a new, different bag in which I already found a large germinated seed of some sort. I have a couple to transplant now that I have extra pots now and it's the only dirt I have. I'm thinking of nuking it for a few minutes in the micro. :)

8. Don't Nuke that soil Sam,:eek: You will kill all the good guys like those fungi. These are the fruiting body of the fungus. This is a good sign for organic soil and shows you have a healthy micro-herd.:hello:

9. Psam i think in your oven might be more effective...over on sg-1 thread last yr lots of people were having problems with soil coming with bugs in it..the big companies aren't sterilizing their dirt to save money..i did two plnts and bugs materialized outa the dirt..i got rid of both immediately and dumped the dirt in the trash..wouldn't even put it the cactus outside..sg-1 recomended in the oven but i can't rember the specifics or temps..imo i'm not sure microwave is thourgh enough..this is waaay too important to not do it right..i'd check with sg-1

10. marvana idk if psam is doing organic though..he bought the cheapest soil he could get and he's finding stuff in it..i agree if it's organic leave it alone but if it's just a bag o dirt from 99 cent store it's suspect imo

11. #412 40yearsmoker, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    Would it matter which type of fungus is in the soil? Without knowing what fungus this is, would it be better to sterilize the soil and then build a new micro culture form scratch?

12. That's good to know. When I dumped the pot, I took a look at them and they were definitely mushrooms but I couldn't find a mycelium. I almost thought they were rocks. My concern was if it might be something that might not be good for my health. If they are from those good fungi, then I'll just pull them out when I find them. :)

I'll look up his thread and try to find that. I think my gnats came from the soil. The oven sounds like a better idea than the microwave. I'd be a little concerned about the wood chips in the soil catching fire in the micro. I'm don't believe the oven would get hot enough to neutralize spores, but the bugs and eggs should kick the bucket. I guess it's time to start doing some deeper research if I can. The gnats seem to be responding to the pepper solution and the peroxide. I need to let the soil dry and treat again. I guess I'll have to sub SG-1's thread to make it easier. That's a lot of reading. I'll have to use my tablet but will do it.

Thanks for the tip, Doc. ;)

13. Actually, it was Miracle Grow Organic and I spent a big 4 bucks for it at WalMart. It has been nothing but trouble, moisture wise. The soil that I originally thought it was I bought there, too, but it was 40# for 2 bucks. The other was just 8 pounds. When I dumped the pot, I saw which soil it was. I had run out of pea gravel by the time I bought the new one and this pot had lots of rocks. The new stuff has had more of the fungus than the other. I've heard of lots of people who reuse their soil will bake it. And I don't think the heat would hurt the spores. They can make it through fire and freezing with no effect. :)

14. It might be better but it's not really an option for such an operation as mine. Cultures are available everywhere but building a good soil is a lot of work that is beyond me at the moment.

The oven sounds like a good option for the next grow, whenever it is but not for a while. I'll have to search for those particular fruits to ensure their safety if they open and there are a lot of mushrooms to sort through. I want to avoid smoking spores if I can avoid it. ;)

15. For bugs maybe I would use the oven. The fungi in the soil however is a good thing. Sam, Let me ask you this, Was the male growing in it healthy looking? I am betting it was. When I see them in my soil I am happy as can be.

16. Not initially it wasn't. It was one of my "midgets" that got a bad shock with the 5" Jiffy pots, but it was one of the fastest to recover once I transplanted it into a regular pot and actually was doing quite well, the best of those midgets. I was actually sorry to see it go. It was one of the ones with the most fungi on top. :)

17. Sam I did not know you were trying your hand at
    Fungiculture, shrooms glorious shrooms
    I love to eat them, but my gout does not like them
    [​IMG]

18. I definitely know about that gout business. It's the cause of a bunion right where that little devil is biting. I wasn't aware that mushrooms aggravated it, too. For me, beans and red meat were the big triggers. And maybe beer. I only have a transplanted kidney to clean the uric acid out, so with a lot of protein in my blood, the uric acid builds up quickly at times.

Since I've started using infused coconut oil pain cream and other infused coconut oil and tinctures, I've had almost no symptoms for almost 2 years. When it feels like it's building, I start massaging with the thc cream and it helps a lot. I don't have neuropathy, but I do have sciatica and a lot of other nerve pain and it works on it.

Those little mushrooms were kind of cute sticking up out of the ground. I used to grow psilocybe mushrooms and liked watching them pop up and grow but if I ate a lot of them, they would screw up my kidneys for a couple of days. But it was worth it. :rolleyes:

19. Gout sucks
    The doc has me taking the reg gout meds for high uric acid
    I have used the rub ever night
    and eat at least 2 tablespoons of pure organic coco oil everyday in my coffee
    The stuff get expensive, Knock on wood I have not had a full blown G attack in over a year But I am not sure if its the meds or the rub and coco.
    I guess I need to comeoff the Meds and findout
    But it hurts so somuch Im scared ..................... Pain is not your friend-- unless you are fighting for your life
    Later PS Man